Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 4:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I can't enter lots 3 times in a row
Hello! When i want to check the houses that i downloaded, i place them on a random world ad visit them. I can do this 2 times in a row but when i try to take a look at the 3rd one it just freezes on the loading screen. I have a lot of cc but this problem didnt happen before. My game runs perfectly, i have no problems except this one. Please help, what should i do?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 12:10 AM
Probably a piece of CC in that lot, did it come with CC?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Probably a piece of CC in that lot, did it come with CC?

Yes the lots i download have CC in them but i can enter the lot after i restart the game. I cant enter 3 lots in a row but if i restart the game i can enter the lot i couldnt enter if that made sense. I dont think it is about CC that exists in the lot because if that was the case, it wouldnt open afterwards.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 1:49 PM
Did you look inside the file? Are there any mods in the package? I still think its CC, possibly something that initializes or adds a token on loading the lot.
Put on testing cheats and see if anything pops up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 4:08 PM
Do you mean "in and out of the game" to the lot, or "to and from the neighborhood" in and out of the lot? If you mean in and out of the game, see if it helps to delete your cache files (accessory.cache, cigen.package, groups.cache, and/or contentregistry, found in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder, you'll find two or more. Cigen and Contentregistry usually only appears if you'e used Bodyshop/Homecrafter)

These files frequently cause issues with the game, and I've noticed they have an odd tendency to cause problems around the second or third game load if you have a lot of CC. They're safe to delete, will respawn if the game decides it needs them. Personally I tend to delete them before loading the game, or after having worked in Bodyshop.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you mean "in and out of the game" to the lot, or "to and from the neighborhood" in and out of the lot? If you mean in and out of the game, see if it helps to delete your cache files (accessory.cache, cigen.package, groups.cache, and/or contentregistry, found in the "...Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder, you'll find two or more. Cigen and Contentregistry usually only appears if you'e used Bodyshop/Homecrafter)

These files frequently cause issues with the game, and I've noticed they have an odd tendency to cause problems around the second or third game load if you have a lot of CC. They're safe to delete, will respawn if the game decides it needs them. Personally I tend to delete them before loading the game, or after having worked in Bodyshop.
Thank you for your answer but it didn't work. The game still doesnt let me check 3 houses in a row.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 7:12 PM Last edited by HobbesED : 20th Jul 2020 at 4:44 AM.
How much memory does your computer have? Do you have the 4GB patch installed? Before I installed the patch on my computer (which has a lot of TS2 CC as well), I had troubles (crashing, not hanging) when visiting multiple commercial lots in the same game session. While not the same problem as you described if you don't have it applied, it would be worth trying.

edit: Meant 4 GB not 4 MB...

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
How much memory does your computer have? Do you have the 4MB patch installed? Before I installed the patch on my computer (which has a lot of TS2 CC as well), I had troubles (crashing, not hanging) when visiting multiple commercial lots in the same game session. While not the same problem as you described if you don't have it applied, it would be worth trying.
my PC has 500gb memory. I also dont have the patch. Do you know where can i download the patch from?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:40 PM
With such little memory you are going to have issues and the patch is to make the game utilizing what you have not give you what you don't.

Can you list your computer spec?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 11:43 PM
Pretty sure you're confusing memory/RAM and harddrive, because extremely few regular PCs have 500 GB RAM. Nowadays most PCs tend to have somewhere between 4 and 16 GB, maybe upward of 32-64 if it's for gaming or rendering (or more if special-built).

Harddrive is disk space, kind of like the long-term memory for a computer where everything is stored - your files, the operation system, and any other files the computer needs to run. Memory/RAM is more like a fast, short-term memory process, mostly used to read/write files. They're not the same thing.

The 4 GB fix is here: https://modthesims.info/t/610641 "The 4GB Patch (from NTCore)" (the video shows how to apply it - from the start until about 7:10, there are some other fixes there too, but you may not need those unless you have crashes or pink-flashing or any of the other problems mentioned in the video/post)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pretty sure you're confusing memory/RAM and harddrive, because extremely few regular PCs have 500 GB RAM. Nowadays most PCs tend to have somewhere between 4 and 16 GB, maybe upward of 32-64 if it's for gaming or rendering (or more if special-built).

Harddrive is disk space, kind of like the long-term memory for a computer where everything is stored - your files, the operation system, and any other files the computer needs to run. Memory/RAM is more like a fast, short-term memory process, mostly used to read/write files. They're not the same thing.

The 4 GB fix is here: https://modthesims.info/t/610641 "The 4GB Patch (from NTCore)" (the video shows how to apply it - from the start until about 7:10, there are some other fixes there too, but you may not need those unless you have crashes or pink-flashing or any of the other problems mentioned in the video/post)
I misunderstood the question my PC has 4gb ram. Thank you for sending the link. I will try it and update you later.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Azra21
I misunderstood the question my PC has 4gb ram. Thank you for sending the link. I will try it and update you later.

With a lot of CC and only 4 GB of memory, you may also want to add more memory to your PC. Additional memory will speed up loading times and should also help the speed (lagging) of your game.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 11:24 PM
You can't use the 4GB patch with only 4 RAM. If this is a win 10 PC it alone will use most of that.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't use the 4GB patch with only 4 RAM. If this is a win 10 PC it alone will use most of that.

I use win10
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Azra21
I use win10

Can you post your computer specs?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 4:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jul 2020 at 9:27 PM.
Wasn't there a 3 GB patch once upon a time? I seem to remember it being called that back when it was common to have only 4GB RAM (plus, I found some files named "3 GB fix" when I was sorting through some backup files). Mind, this was way back in the days of Vista, so I'm not sure if that version of the patch would work with Win10, or if it's the same patch but with a different name. I don't know, as I just I applied it back in 2009 and never did anything with it again... Fixed my issues, though (headless sims and disappearing furniture, probably some pink-flashing too).

Anyway, these days you'll want at least 6-8 GB or more with Win7-10 if you want to do anything sensible on the computer, especially gaming. The newer Windows versions eat a lot of resources, and can easily take at least 2-3 GB of memory just to run the operating system and various background tasks. 4 GB is not anywhere enough for gaming (you need minimum 2 GB free for TS2, 3-4 GB free if you play with the 4GB fix, more if you play with CC because it helps for texture memory).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 11:22 PM
If it's a notebook with low specs you want to be very careful. Sims 2 vanilla isn't too bad but add high res CC and you need a gaming rig.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 9:31 PM
Cheap-ish notebooks these days are meant for homework, internet and Netflix. If you're just playing TS2 you may not need a full gaming rig (those can be expensive and may not be necessary, may occasionaly come with their own set of issues), but you do need something more powerful than a pre-baked potato (I'm guessing it has a graphic chip which may or may not work for a while with TS2, the 4GB RAM paired with Win10 probably does not help). If you have a lot of CC and play a lot, this could also reduce the lifetime of the computer.