Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 3:41 AM
Default Modding the campfire - hit break point error
Hello. I'm trying to make the BV campfire use actual logs (from the inventory) and produce ashes, just like Sun&Moon functional fires. It's my first modding experience so of course I messed up a lot of things but the biggest problem is this: when Sims sit around the campfire and start talking, I get an error "Hit point break primitive" and the interaction stops abruptly. I didn't change anything in the "Interaction - Hang out" from the original.

Now, I know this error is caused by the primitive 0x000F but this primitive was always present in the Maxis campfire and everything was okay. I wanted to delete the "Break Point (ignored in Release)" but I guess I can't do it since the interaction "Hang out" is global. So I'm really clueless this time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 6:28 PM Last edited by Haley90 : 13th Sep 2019 at 6:57 PM.
Yes, the fire burns, everything is fine apart from this one interaction. It's okay when one Sim just sits at the campfire but when there are more and they start talking - the error pops up.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time understanding what you mean (I'm a noob after all, with English as a second language). I didn't set everything up but I copied the relevant parts from a downloaded object. Then I switched the interaction "Light fire" for the custom imported interaction "Light fire - Check for wood". As for the condition tested, dunno if I get it right but it's in the global Interaction "Hang Out" --> Fun Object (ME) - Exit? --> Fun Object (Sim X) - Exit? There's an item "Verify - Person ID (Stack object ID)" and when it's "false" it leads to the break point. I'm not sure if I make myself clear so I'm attaching the printscreen from SimPE.

Maybe someone at least can tell me what this "Verify - Person ID" means? I'm far from being an expert but I suspect in the original campfire the break point was ignored somehow (I read that break points are ignored in Release mode or debug mode? something like that).
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by st_d
If you select the rectangle of Verify - Person ID, somewhere on the right there should be a blue link saying View BHAV. It will open another window on top, without closing this one so you don't need to worry. Sometimes you have to open 2-3 such windows to get to the end of the line from which true/false starts being returned and leads back to the original function you'd opened.

Another useful thing to click is Sort, when you first enter such a spiderweb of a function. It will rearrange the rectangles so that you can see the true path first, and only then starts to show the falses. It may just be that put in the wrong order, the stack object has become something other than a person's ID.

Thank you for all that information. Clearly, I have yet so much to learn. I'll try to look at it closer.