Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 1:17 AM
Default Community Lot Ghosts
Hiya,
I didn't want to put this in help because it's not really help but more just a question.

I've been reading some things about moving graves to a community lot to make a graveyard there and one thing I've seen was that you need to keep the urn on your home lot long enough for the ghost to appear at least once before you move it or the ghost won't show up on the community lot.

Is this true?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 2:54 PM
Yes; this is true.

And you can ask quick questions like these in the Stupid Random Questions thread. It's a big thread where members post questions that don't really need its own thread. It's a very active thread and your fellow simmers try and make a point of going there and answering things if they know an answer.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:03 PM
It doesn't have to be the home lot, but it does have to be a residential lot. In Riverblossom, I have a PlantSim Shaman whose job includes collecting urns and taking them back to his lot until the ghost spawns. PlantSims aren't affected by ghosts scaring them, so I don't have to worry about the ghost killing another family member the night it spawns.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 7:20 PM
It's not true. I've moved graves immediately and seen the ghosts show up on the community lot. What happens if you don't let the ghost spawn is that the ghost gets reset to be a starvation ghost regardless of how they actually died.
Alchemist
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 8:53 PM
Oh, really, @kestrellyn? I wasn't aware of that. Can mods be used to fix the ghost color then?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 9:40 PM
I'm not sure. I can't recall anyone posting about fixing their ghost colors, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I'm sure you can probably fix it by fiddling with stuff in SimPE, but I'm sure it's also easy to mess things up doing that and I don't know the details about what is safe to change.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 10:54 PM
No Death Type Loss When Moving Graves to Community Lots

Pretty sure this is what you're talking about, right?
Alchemist
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:03 PM
Yes, that's the one! I always thought that you needed to wait or else the ghost wouldn't show up at all, but it looks like as long as you have the mod in, things are fine. I'll have to test this.

aka Kelyns | she/her