Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#301 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 2:09 AM
I wonder if they have removed all of the effects, buydebug objects and such with the new patch (Refuse to download it myself until i know for sure that it won't break my game......more so lol). Can anyone who has patched their game to 1.33 confirm whether or not they have removed all of the EP7 coding? I know they removed the new sliders and skintones.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#302 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 9:51 PM
Yes, it appears that everything is removed. The EP7 effects are removed, those toys in BuyDebug I didn't actually look for, but I'm sure they are removed too.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 4:26 AM
I'm so excited, I think I might cry
Instructor
#304 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 6:29 AM
I heard EA os making a whole EP about creatures such as wizards, witches and lycans and zombies.. I also heard that it's hard to make seasons EP because of graphic card matters... Besides some member leaked news about the next SP about Katy Perry..
Don't judge me it's just romours
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#305 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:12 PM
It's alright, we already know. No worries.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Retired
retired moderator
#306 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 4:15 PM
Rumours was a good album. I keep thinking about this pack and how much better the whole EA dev process could be if they weren't so old-school secretive about it. I hate to think they might be using focus groups - it would explain A LOT if they were.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
One Minute Ninja'd
#307 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Rumours was a good album. I keep thinking about this pack and how much better the whole EA dev process could be if they weren't so old-school secretive about it. I hate to think they might be using focus groups - it would explain A LOT if they were.

Of course they're using focus groups. That's what marketing departments live for. I bet they even contract it out to market research firms (lowest bidder wins, of course).

I'll even wager that the only gaming experience the quantitative marketing experts designing the focus groups have is playing Angry Birds on their phones while commuting to work.
Instructor
#308 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Yes, it appears that everything is removed. The EP7 effects are removed, those toys in BuyDebug I didn't actually look for, but I'm sure they are removed too.

Is there any way at all they could be brought back as a mod?

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#309 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe

If you want them that badly, just apply the 1.32 superpatcher!
Mad Poster
#310 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe

Yes of course, it's dirt easy. I won't be doing it though, or telling anyone else how to do it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Banned
#311 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 5:04 AM
I wonder if Zombies will be a resurrection option.

Thus explaining why all dead sims since Ambitions have been premade to have green skin as a CONSTANT HINT towards the future
Mad Poster
#312 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve

Thus explaining why all dead sims since Ambitions have been premade to have green skin as a CONSTANT HINT towards the future

Maybe they just aimed for realistic skintone.
Instructor
#313 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
It's alright, we already know. No worries.

I doubt these stuff is tue tho i hope they are but we've heard lies and romours about. EPs and SPs.
Why would EA make those ep ideas and projects so secret o.e
Instructor
#314 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 7:49 PM

Pft do they still make 'hints'? :D
Instructor
#315 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you want them that badly, just apply the 1.32 superpatcher!

I already had them but you can't log in unless your game is updated to 1.33.

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Yes of course, it's dirt easy. I won't be doing it though, or telling anyone else how to do it.

Thank you.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Field Researcher
#316 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
Magic EP, I have not been so exited since LN. This is a dream come true.

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Instructor
#317 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by -Mallow-
Magic EP, I have not been so exited since LN. This is a dream come true.

Me too! i miss my witches and warlocks i had in The Sims 2 :-))
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 11:06 AM
I never had Sims 2-Apartments so I'm pretty excited for witches and magic in general. I just hope they implement the creatures properly, the only one I like right now are vampires.

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Scholar
#319 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 10:48 PM
For once I'm excited, I can't Wait. I've been wanting Werewolfs like, forever, even more than vampires in Late night. Magic was my favorite EP from the Sims 1. Even though Apartment life from the Sims2 was kinda rushed,it was still good. If EA pulls a fast one of not releasing this Ep and adding something totally different, or if EA rushed this EP, I'm done with this series (Until the Sims 4).

I will gladly wait to get an Sims 3 EP if it has Weather in it and Sims can swim in the ocean.
Test Subject
#320 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 2:28 AM
FINALLY a magic expansion! I've been waiting for one since Makin' Magic! (Seeing how the Apartment Life pack was extremely lacking)

I really hope that the new creatures will look good. I really disliked the looks of the witches in AL, with the ugly green skintone and the robes they wore.

Vampires are so far the only creature I like to play as, since I can customize them however I want and they don't have any specific clothing. Gosh, I really hate the clothing system sometimes. I hope that they will be unlockables, but not mandatory to use.

I wonder if there will be a new magic neighboorhood similar to the ones in WA? Or if they will just make a plain new town for everyone to hang in. If that's the case, will townies be wearing "magic style" clothing? It would be kind of annoying if all the NPC's where to wear regular clothes in a magic neighboorhood, and "magic" clothes in the normal ones.

Lastly, I really wish for a lot of quirky items. Such as the bean stalk, the skeleton in the wardrobe, the crystals that grew from magic lots etc. It really added to the feeling of MM, as it involved a lot of surprises. I'd be so dissappointed if all this expansion had to offer was some potion making (we already got the alchemy-thing, duh..) and boring spells. (With boring, I mean the typical ones that changes motives, moodlets and relationships.)
Field Researcher
#321 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:20 AM Last edited by gesimz : 23rd Mar 2012 at 7:28 AM.
I'm not sure if anyone else has found this yet, but there's actually script code for an Elliptical Trainer exercise machine in the GameplayObjects.dll. I never noticed this before.

I wonder if this was to be included alongside the Pull Up bar in Showtime but then scrapped. The codes already there incorporated into the workout interaction, so perhaps it might be an upcoming new interactive item in the next expansion pack.

EDIT: Attached image.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#322 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 5:10 AM
So lemme get this straight.

The Sims 3: Magic EP + Elliptical Trainer to Sucker in Everybody Else.

Hmm. Kinda catchy.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Banned
#323 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:36 PM
It's kinda funny that people will freak out about similar clothing or similar decor, but if something is animated, it's the best thing ever. An Eliptical? Seriously? It's just a treadmill with a different animation! But I bet it actually will get a bunch of people to pay attention to the EP

I guess it's nice to have a gym that looks somewhat reasonable, instead of a weight machine and a treadmill and absolutely nothing else. But they're all basically the same object.
Mad Poster
#324 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 3:48 PM
It's kinda funny that people will freak out about similar clothing or similar decor, but if something is animated, it's the best thing ever. An Eliptical? Seriously? It's just a treadmill with a different animation! But I bet it actually will get a bunch of people to pay attention to the EP

I guess it's nice to have a gym that looks somewhat reasonable, instead of a weight machine and a treadmill and absolutely nothing else. But they're all basically the same object.

The new animations will help put in a better light the similar t-shirts we get.
Top Secret Researcher
#325 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 4:33 PM
It is the interactions, such as the honey and candle-making that will make me consider this pack, not another piece of gym equipment that does the same thing as the others. I suspect this might be the next premium object in the store. Maybe it will make you instantly lean/buff.
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Supernatural's out! Yay!
Page 13 of 105