Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 10:07 AM
Default How long do your saves last?
I've been looking through my old saves(7 of them that I haven't deleted), and the in-game date is 15-20 weeks for all of them!
So apparently, after creating a new save, 99% of the time I would abandon this save within 15-20 in game weeks to start a new one.

I wonder if it's just me or is it common for Sims 3 players in general?

I should add that I play with aging off and I do not travel/go to unversity because the save size would bloat up.

(You can check how many days has passed in-game by hovering your mouse over the time)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 1:47 AM
My average save is over 9 years old. That means it will be ready for middle school soon. And I can't measure it in sim day/weeks because of...reasons. But I haven't been playing TS3 for as long as some of you.
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 1:45 PM
Mine is 12 years old, as well. Started from Sunset Valley when the game came out, there to Bridgeport and then on to the next and so on. Not a legacy player but didn't feel the need to change the family to another one. I prefer to see the family line grow and it's quite long now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 6:47 AM
Hmmm, seems like people really enjoy long saves.

I want to get into multi-generation families too but I just couldn't let a Sim I spent so many hours leveling skills and completing challenges die due to old age. Therefore I play with aging off. (Or copious amount of life fruit/ambrosia)
But if nobody dies, my family would grow too large and I struggle at managing more than 4 sims. So I barely have children or ask Sims to move in.

Now that I think about it, I blocked myself from a lot of contents by playing this way. Perhaps I should start a new save and experiment with the idea of letting Sims age/die.
Inventor
#7 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 7:01 AM
I still play one of my oldest saves regularly. It's a Super Sim kinda thing (max out every skill, find every collectible, etc). I play this save with aging disabled.

I also have a couple of saves I made when Generations just came out I still play occasionally.
Alchemist
#8 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlyxMS
Hmmm, seems like people really enjoy long saves.

But if nobody dies, my family would grow too large and I struggle at managing more than 4 sims. So I barely have children or ask Sims to move in.

My sims always have 2-4 children but after choosing the "heir", I won't let the rest of kids to have kids of their own when they grow up or sometimes even get married. I often also age them up and move them out, so I can concentrate to the heir and the parents. I don't like to play huge families either, so this same thing happens with every generation.
Alchemist
#9 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 5:01 PM
I just finished a legacy (10 generations) and the base world time was 122 weeks!
That's not counting all the traveling for adventuring purposes and vacations, which would probably add about 20 weeks on top of that.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:37 AM
My longest ongoing is 80 weeks. I feel like it's time to retire it, too much distant inbreds and everyone looking a bit alike...
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 9:13 AM
Wow and I thought that my save was too old.2 years.

Tumblr: simdifference https://simdifference.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 2:48 AM
Oldest save: 65 sim-weeks.

My longest saves are from the 10-generation Random Legacy Challenges. I don't really play sims outside of that challenge anymore.

And back when I did, it was just to try out the new expansion stuff and then I'd lose interest, so I doubt those saves were very long.... nor could they be, because I didn't use mods back then, and the game would implode with invisible taxis or whatever without Overwatch to clean that stuff up.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 5:56 AM
Not playing now as I don't have the motivation to play, but my longest saves usually run for 20-30 weeks before lag makes it unbearable to play. I usually reach Generation 6 before stopping.

In my last save, I have finally reached Week 32 but the town stopped growing anymore. Insufferable single stalker Sims bought up all the houses in town, married couples won't procreate anymore unless manually played and Elders are becoming immortal, having relationships with their classmates' grandchildren.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 6:03 PM
I actually use Nraas (twallan)'s Story Progression ever since. It has its own special set of problems compared to EA's SP. Male being dicks and not marrying off their partners, engaging at one point and one story cycle later suddenly break up. It forces you to play the entire town at one point.
Scholar
#15 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dlseis
I actually use Nraas (twallan)'s Story Progression ever since. It has its own special set of problems compared to EA's SP. Male being dicks and not marrying off their partners, engaging at one point and one story cycle later suddenly break up. It forces you to play the entire town at one point.

When my town isn't breeding enough, I use MasterController to force a child on every childless sim and their current partner. No switching households required.

Maybe a little mean, but eh. I like to make sure my legacy heirs have some sims their own age around in town.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Well, this is not happening in my game. I do have some out of wedlock children, single parents etc. but these are exceptions. Majority of adult sims in my town are married. I think it depends on the options you set.

Do you have the entire suite, though? Maybe the Personalities module messes up with their relationships so much.

Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
When my town isn't breeding enough, I use MasterController to force a child on every childless sim and their current partner. No switching households required.

Sure I can do this too, but I use the time I take control of the townies to fix the relationships within households. Fathers have NO relationships at all with their children, and mothers have the bare minimum relationships with their children as well. No wonder they all grow up Neurotic or Insane.
Instructor
#17 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 7:14 AM
I have the entire suite of NRass mods in my game and haven't seen that problem either. There is alot to tweak in the NRass mods though and sometimes it takes a bit to get it where you want.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 6:58 PM
My current one has been going on for 28 simweeks and about 3 months of playing. Which is pretty long for me.

I play in SV with storyprogression ad each 'year' equalling 4 sim days. For reference, this is late Jack Bunch's POV of his family:

My sim (who I moved in as a YA when I had already played with another family for a while) is married to Ethan Bunch, who is 60 simdays her senior, who she has 3 children with (the brunette and blonde teens and brownette child) and if I do the math, sunset valley has been developing under my eye for about 49 'years', hence all the bunch children being older adults to elders.

Also, poor Darlene, losing her first child in a meteor attack. Funny btw how Arlo Bunch (who started young) has a grandchild older than one of Ethan's children.