Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#726 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 5:04 PM Last edited by MRSAMPLESIM : 31st Oct 2012 at 7:52 PM.
Got everything for the Sims 3, tried to love it, but got bored of it recently. It's not a bad game, it's just a funny roleplaying game, that's it, the Sims 2 is more of a simulation/strategy game in the vein of the original wich I still play.

In the Sims 3 you are supposed to play a sim like it's yourself, that's why it was made easier and their needs are less demanding (pee once a day), so you can roleplay your character carefree. The different ways your sim react in the Sims 2, according to its personality (shy, outgoing, neat,etc), in response to another sim interactions are gone, so you are not limited by the sim's personality to again, roleplay carefree. For the same reason interests and likes/dislikes are no more, so you can made up any stories you want without the restriction of "that" sim not getting along with yours.

In the end, the Sims 3 it's a sequel with its gameplay tweaked to different priorities. Personally I like The Sims 2 (and even the original) more. Don't get me wrong, I do like how the new sims look, and the open neighborhood and texture options are amazing, but it's not anymore the game experience I'm looking for in the Sims series. I want the sims I create to behave according to their data, and most important, by themselves, with me guiding them here and there. I want the simulation aspects of the game to unfold and affect the way things turn out:

If a sim's personality/traits only make your sim do a little animation sometimes when idle... that's NOT simulation right there.

I can make a character after myself, but even then he should be its own thing, a unit in a scenario i created. He can end up being happily married to the sim of his dreams, maybe not, he can be rich, poor, happy or depressed, he'll ask for help looking to the player and if life it's unfair, he may even end up dead (and easily).

I started in the Sim world with SimCity, so to me, The Sims 1 it's the micro version of SimCity 3000, The Sims 2 is the micro version of SimCity 4 (those even share the UI design) and The Sims 3 it's... well, I don't know, but I would call it a Family RPG... although I hope it's not the analogue/micro version of the new SimCity (2013), it seems to be that way though. :/
Advertisement
Banned
#727 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MRSAMPLESIM
I started in the Sim world with SimCity, so to me, The Sims 1 it's the micro version of SimCity 3000, The Sims 2 is the micro version of SimCity 4 (those even share the UI design) and The Sims 3 it's... well, I don't know, but I would call it a Family RPG... although I hope it's not the analogue/micro version of the new SimCity, it seems to be that way though. :/

I started with the Original SC for Commodore 64 in 1989. My next one wasn't until SC4 and Sims2 in late 2004.

I wouldn't say Sims 3 is quite bad enough to be the "micro version" of Sim City Societies. That monstrosity was terrible.
Test Subject
#728 Old 31st Oct 2012 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
I wouldn't say Sims 3 is quite bad enough to be the "micro version" of Sim City Societies. That monstrosity was terrible.

I was talking about the 2013 version. We can be safe knowing Societies didn't have any kind of impact in our sim titles.

(I started with SC2000, having fun with the buggy SimCopter in-between of being a mayor)
Lab Assistant
#729 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 4:21 AM
well i have not played sims 3 yet because i dont have a computer fast enough but i have watched it on youtube and i think i like it better than sims 2 because sims 3 graphic look much better!
Test Subject
#730 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:24 PM Last edited by Chirpy : 1st Nov 2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Random full stop
I finally got sims 3 today (I ordered it on Sunday) and I was a bit disappointed. I don't mind the graphics but I don't like the rabbit holes, they make the game feel rushed like they couldn't be bothered to make new lots. I have all the Sims 2 eps and I don't know if it's just losing all the features that makes sims 3 feel like a worse game
Banned
#731 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 10:54 PM
From what I've seen sims 3 sims are ugly. As someone else said elsewhere, sims 2 sims' faces look pretty much like peoples' faces. Sims 3 sims' faces look like faces painted on balloons.
Lab Assistant
#732 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
From what I've seen sims 3 sims are ugly. As someone else said elsewhere, sims 2 sims' faces look pretty much like peoples' faces. Sims 3 sims' faces look like faces painted on balloons.

true true the sims 3 sims faces look like they are spaced out like they have a blank expression on there face but what i meant by graphics is objects and houses not the sims
Test Subject
#733 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 11:43 PM
The Sims 3 is a fine game, but the more I've played it, the more I miss elements from the Sims 2. The real fatal flaw of TS3, for me anyway, is the fact you can really only have 1 household per neighborhood. Yes, you can make more, but you have to give up all work you've done towards goals, which makes it unfeasible. One of my favorite aspects of TS2 was having dozens of families, and deciding what kid is going to grow up and marry who, try new careers, and start new families. But the Sims 3 doesn't really work well for multiple Sims. I feel like it was designed to play as just 1 Sim. The open world lot, while it has no loading time, makes it hard to keep track of more than 1 at a time. And since my favorite part is families and making relationships, I think TS2 will always be a winner.
Scholar
#734 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 2:46 AM
Now TS3 has just as many Expansion/Stuff Packs as TS2, its now fair to compare them.

I like TS2 due to its simplify, I don't mind the extra loading times, and as for TS3, I don't see the point in a seamless neighborhood when only few sims show up to your community lots.

Both games suffer poor time management, but TS3 its worse, having to wake up before 5am every morning just to do a few simple chores before the school bus, and by the time your home and decide to go out, its almost already curfew time.
Finally comes the weekend and its too short.

My TS3 Sims are obsessed in finishing their homework, my teen sims never do anything else autonomously.

My TS3 Neighborhood is full of too many Zombies, Vampires, Werewolfs, Fairys, etc, I don't seem to have any control over it.
At least with TS2 I can control this.

As for CC, I loved putting CC in my game for TS2, but TS3 CC hardly interests me, I got almost none except a few mods, and even without it takes up to 5mins to load up Sunset Valley.
Mad Poster
#735 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 3:56 AM
Actually you have a degree of control in Sims 3 also. In the Options tab under "Advanced Demographics Options" you have the option of disabling Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies and Witches. It won't do anything about the Vampires, etc already in the world, but it will stop new ones.

It also doesn't control Zombies, but there are mods for that like Bluegenjutsu's No Zombie mod:

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-the-zombies/ (you have to be registered to Twoftmamma's forum to see Bluegenjutsu's mods).
Mad Poster
#736 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 7:11 PM
I'd love to play some paranormals that can make more paranormals by heeding the word of the plumbob. Will be getting Sims 3 and all the expansion packs(and even the Sweet Treats pack) when I can. The only gripes I have with Sims 3 right now is the occults can't get tattoos, makeovers, clone vouchers or alien-pregnant.
Field Researcher
#737 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I'd love to play some paranormals that can make more paranormals by heeding the word of the plumbob. Will be getting Sims 3 and all the expansion packs(and even the Sweet Treats pack) when I can. The only gripes I have with Sims 3 right now is the occults can't get tattoos, makeovers, clone vouchers or alien-pregnant.
Really? Hmm. Oh well, I've seen my friend make a Sims 3 sim and the tattoos are awful looking! They are ridiculously pixelated (or at least on my friend's laptop, which is pretty new).
Mad Poster
#738 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 10:57 PM
I don't like the Sims 3 tattoos which is why I never put them on my Sims 3 Sims (I play both Sims 2 and Sims 3 and switch between them based on my mood. I'm currently on a Sims 3 kick because of Seasons.)

Just because it is new, doesn't mean the graphics card is up to handling Sims 3, especially now that Sims 3 Seasons is out.

I am also disappointed that my Sims 3 male witches can't get alien pregnant. There is a block against females and male occults coming back alien pregnant in Sims 3, normal males are fair game.
Mad Poster
#739 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 12:22 AM
I wonder if someone will soon make a mod to allow occults to get tattoos, makeovers and alien-preggers when probeded. That would probably be an instant hit!
Test Subject
#740 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 2:43 AM
Default My thoughts
Ok, I had been playing sims 1 for as long as I remember and when I heard about Sims 2 coming out, I had my dad buy it for me the first week it came out. I have been playing it since. Since the very first time I played, I've been addicted! The addiction only became worse as the expansion packs and stuff packs can out. Then when Sims 3 started being advertised, I wanted it BAD. It was really expensive though so I had to find other ways to entertain myself. That's when I discovered CC (ya, I was late on that memo) These past years had been spent downloading every cute thing I ever saw on this site along with many others. Mods too! The game became perfection (as if it wasnt already). The past 2 weeks I've wanted Sims 3 more than ever when my friend accidentally uninstalled my Sims 2 game (im too lazy to re-install everything)
My mom said I could finally buy Sims 3 as long as I pay for it myself. I wasn't going to waste my money on something I may not like so I looked up "which is better: sims 2 or sims 3" on Google and read MANY articles on how much sims 3 sucks compared to sims 2. This made me both scared and sad. Then I came across a youtuber that does reviews on games. I saw that he had done one on sims 3 and all of the expansion and stuff packs that have already came out. I watched them all and ended up wanting sims 3 even more than I did before despite what everyone else was saying about it. I found $50 and bought Sims 3 Deluxe and installed it on Thursday. I have been playing it and (ok, here's the actual answer to the forum)...... Both Sims 2 and Sims 3 are amazing games. I like the create-a-sim better in Sims 3 before there is more you can customize, I like build/buy mode better in Sims 2 because it's easier to find what you need and want, and I like how in Sims 3 you can edit everything you buy. As far as actual game play goes, they're exactly the same! They both have the "wishes" but it's a lot easier to not do them in Sims 3 (which is a plus for me because they always bothered me in Sims 2). I like how Sims 3 allows you to easily and quickly travel the neighborhood to get everything you need (nearly everything is a rabit hole, but I actually like that more because it's less effort). It is so much easier to do good with jobs in Sims 3. I can't really think of anything else right now, but like I said before, I LOVE BOTH GAMES!
Because my friend deleted sims 2, I will be playing sims 3 from now on, which was the plan anyways. I told everyone I wanted the expansion packs for Christmas so I hope that happens :)
Scholar
#741 Old 9th Dec 2012 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Actually you have a degree of control in Sims 3 also. In the Options tab under "Advanced Demographics Options" you have the option of disabling Vampires, Werewolves, Fairies and Witches. It won't do anything about the Vampires, etc already in the world, but it will stop new ones.

It also doesn't control Zombies, but there are mods for that like Bluegenjutsu's No Zombie mod:

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-the-zombies/ (you have to be registered to Twoftmamma's forum to see Bluegenjutsu's mods).

Ahh thanks a million! I didnt know it was under my nose the whole time under options!

Guess i should also try the No zombies hack then, even that I don't like to use mods
Lab Assistant
#742 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 6:56 PM
I've been playing TS3 on-and-off for a year and a half now; while it is a very attractive game there is that missing charm from TS2. I have made some extremely attractive Sims I am very proud of but I am never attached to them like I was in TS2. I am working in re downloading my TS2 custom-content (boy, there is a lot) and re installing all the EP's. I am very excited about this, while with TS3 I get the EPs but I am just not as pumped I was for those in TS2 when they were released.
Instructor
#743 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 8:55 PM
Things I like about TS3: Unlike in TS2, in TS3 I often make Sims to make fun of them. I like putting characters from stuff I dislike in the game and reading what happens through NRAAS. (Divorce! Stalking!) This only holds its appeal for so long, but it's sometimes fun. The plant graphics are nice, too. And making Sims can be fun, though once they're slouching around in the game with no expressions on their faces, doing their boring animations, having to go on dates with their spouses before the woohoo option comes up while I'm being told "X thinks Y is being flirty", they lose their appeal. Building houses is fun in TS3 to a certain extent, but having to load all those patterns every time I want to put a wallpaper up is annoying. Plus, since Sims can and do get nearly all their needs met elsewhere, it doesn't feel like their houses mean much.

Things I like about TS2: Sim personalities, telling stories about my Sims, Sim appearance (thanks to cc), animations, relationships, building houses, downloading shinies... at this point, with all the mods and cc I have, I can't think of anything I dislike. There's only one mod I wish I had that doesn't seem to exist right now, and it's not a big deal. I only miss two things from TS3 when I'm playing TS2: plant graphics and body shape variations on Sims. And there is CC that gives Sims more body shape variations, but I am just too lazy to use most of it.
Test Subject
#744 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 11:14 PM
In my opinion I do prefer TS2, mainly because in some areas TS2 is more realistic than TS3. Karma, in Sims 3, is what I don't like. However many of you like this whole new 'karma' thing but I don't probably cause I like simulation, but REALISTIC simulation.

I enjoy many things in TS3, but TS2 seems to win me over more because it was the first PC game I actually enjoyed when I was about 9 (hey, I was a mature 9 year old :P).
Test Subject
#745 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 2:30 PM
Greetings everyone. I am Lili, not too new here or in The Sims "life".

I am primarily a builder, when online, and I use my Sims to inspire my RL as a writer.

To make what came out as a very long post a bit short, I decided to go from TS3 towards TS2, because Oh La La!!! The CC for TS2 is ALL I really want and there is nothing nearly as pretty and in nearly as many amounts for TS3, yet, even with the whole CC lot up to University Life, which I already have.

I haven´t gotten TS2 YET, but when I see pictures like This one or images of outfits like this one, and the amount of custom content SUPER - HYPER-NICE to download, I feel super tempted too. I mean, I WANT THIS MAN of the picture for my illustrations! I would love to have epic clothing like these! And every time I look for Custom Content on some search engine and I type 'The Sims 3 (subject wanted here), I find out the BEST and PRETTIEST ones are all for TS2.

Ok, so I have NO IDEA how the commands of the mouse and keyboard shortcuts are. How much better is to build, how much worse it is. But, if I can sort of learn and retexture something for my own use, IF by wild chance I don´t find what I need already done, that works perfectly fine for me. I mean, I am sick home now and it´s not like I can have a 9 to 5 job anyway, so I have spare time to modify, play and create my houses and my worlds.

So, here goes a big huge THANK YOU for this thread. I have read all the 30 pages and ALL the answers from you guys pointed me to which way I want to go: I want to try TS2.

Just, please don´t ask me to share my creations or other people´s. It´s not like I am being selfish but I have my reasons... and not everyone will LIKE the answer.

Now I go. Already spoke way too much for a whole month!

Thanks again and much love from

Lili Rose :lovestruc
Test Subject
#746 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:47 AM Last edited by Gourmet : 22nd Apr 2013 at 2:40 PM.
the sims 3 is not better than the sims 2 , and here's why:
1.In TS2 the sims move quicker.
2.In TS2 there is no rabbit holes , I am in no need to consume all my PC power and damage it badly to have those rabbit holes , & it's not a low-end, really.
3.TS3 doesn't even let me choose a meal in the restaurant with different prices "Extremely unrealistic"
4.TS3 is all about "create a style" , its for designers
5.the stupid slow dance in TS3 , it's really stupid how come the male do female moves and the female do male moves , "I am certain because I've tried it".
6.TS3 have Cellphones (or Smartphones) in each sim's inventory , some will like it , but not me, Why ? because it's simply unrealistic"
7.In TS2 you must buy clothes to wear them "realistic" (even if all outfits have the same price)
8.Open world takes a very big PC power "RAM & CPU" , even with rabbit holes "unworthy"
9.TS3 venues:
showtime venues are stupid as the sims are too little (in number) "unrealistic".
10.In TS2 you have something unrealistic:
The sim go to community lot & return home at the same hour he left it , but you can overcome that by using "set_hour" cheat.
11.the seasons expansion in TS3 was just a prank "see the trailer then buy it , what you will find is that you are alone at the beach or two sims are beside you , not what you hoped when you saw the trailer.
12.If the sims 3 has professions , the sims 2 has the ability to buy a community lot and have a shop and I think it is better than the sims 3.
13.Story Progression in TS3 is Stupid at some point , I disabled it to populate my empty town and found that sims are still moving automatically to the town , why ?
14.It can take 1 simhour or more to use the elevator on a crowded Disco lot in TS3.
15.In TS3 the population is too low to enjoy your night at any place that is not a hotspot.
16.the sims 3 you get premium content for valuable real life money , and every expansion pack adds same things introduced in earlier expansion packs of TS2 , in addition it is bad , If you want more , Go Buy Premium Content.
17.Building a custom world is "nearly impossible" for non-advanced & impatient players".
18.But players of TS3 will find it easier to move sims in empty world as sims you create can be moved to any town (not the only town you created or you are playing in), but I think there is some way to do it in TS2 too but not in-game.
19.TS3 has a number of bugs with each expansion or stuff released , TS2 was more reliable (I think)
So the sims 3 is good at:
-better control in create a sim mode + unrealistic hair & eye colors
-Better UI (user interface)
-Better Graphics
-Developed inventory
-Easier installation of custom content (you don't need to download Meshes)
-Fishing
-collecting
-Recoloring anything in-game and no need to be a modder
-many new skills
-It's easy to know if a sim is married or not in the user interface (is not available in relationship panel in the sims 2).
the sims 2 is good at:
-Buy what you need "clothes,food,cellphones,handheld games and many other things" it's realistic.
-not resource consuming as the TS3
-nearly everything in TS3 is present (and in a better way)
-separated lots and neighborhoods make you fill like you're in a big city, not a tiny town like TS3.
-no disgusting bugs
AND I SAID AT FIRST THAT TS3 IS NOT BETTER THAN TS2 , NOT THAT TS2 IS BETTER .
and finally it's up to you simmers to choose
& Thanks
Lab Assistant
#747 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:18 PM
i like sims 2 better but sims 3 has good stuff sims 2 dosn't like in sims 2 i like the fashion and being able to be a cow plant and the way the aliens look
but sims 2 i like not having loadiong screens as much and cut scenes and not having to buy clothes so i like them both but i lcant play sims 3 because i dont have it yet.. i broke the disc and awhile ago i got a new computer
Test Subject
#748 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 1:10 AM
I installed the sims 3 2 days ago, downloaded all the cool stuf but i just can't like it. Sims 2 is way beter and the sims are more prettier. I mis how the toddlers ask for attention or food or a clean diaper. I'm going to give it a few more days, when i tried everything and still don't like it. The sims 2 will come back
Test Subject
#749 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 1:14 AM
The sims 2 graphics worked better on my Windows XP and I loved the way my sims looked but the game play experience was limited. Now that I have The Sims 3 I am madly in love with the grapahics and more options, I can't wait til' The Sims 4 comes out! I miss my Sims 2 game although I hade some good times
Test Subject
#750 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 2:36 AM
The Sims 3 is great. Being able to grow plants in the base game, and having the open neighborhodd. But all the faces in the Sims 3 seem to look alike. Am I the only one to see this? I also love the Sims 2, basically grew up with that game. Main downside to that is that they discountinued them.
Page 30 of 32