Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#9951 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 6:42 AM
Yeah, you could end world hunger with that stuff.
Advertisement
Scholar
#9952 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I'm feeling controversial today, what's the sims 2 community's take on the new sims 4 star wars pack?

I'll bite, I am disappointed yet unsurprised and more resolute in not 'upgrading' to the newest title. EA should've updated Sixam (really? so lazy) with easter eggs and references to Starwars throughout it.
but because of that deal with Disney (and thus all that sweet sweet monay) Sims players get the short end of the stick and have our franchise stuffed with other ips. Star wars came dead last in that poll.
I am so glad Sims 4 and now by extension the offically canon Sims Wars are technically in another universe (Crummy Universe B)
My Sims will know nothing of such horror or moneygrabbing policies. Just my unwarranted sabotage of their lives.
Theorist
#9953 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 7:42 AM
Lookin through and/ or sortin old zip download folders is a baaaaaaaad thing ...

It invariably leads to even more downloads when ya still haven't got all the old stuff sorted out :P
Theorist
#9954 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 1:45 PM
That's why I'm contemplating starting from scratch instead of sorting old files.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9955 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
Why does it take so freakin' long for sims to eat Chinese food?
Do they eat it with chopsticks? I think that would slow most non-Chinese Sims down.

(I only recently discovered that my Sims can order Chinese food, and nobody's actually done it yet. So I really don't know if they use chopsticks.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#9956 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 3:03 PM
I stopped ordering Chinese food for my Sims because they leave the empty boxes everywhere. It's a pain to clean up. Pizza is easier.
Scholar
#9957 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 7:14 PM
@AndrewGloria Yes, they eat with chopsticks. I don't know after you get used to them they are a really efficient way to shovel in food.

On a thoroughly funny note, any of you ever watch a bunch of sims trash a hotel room? They would give Keith Moon a run for his money. (cough, for the younger crowd he was a legendary drummer for the rock band The Who, and rather notoriously got them banned from all Holiday Inns worldwide) Every once in a while I get a room that the other tourists have access to and wow is it ever a party. It's a very good example of why you lock your doors.
Theorist
#9958 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 9:10 PM
I usually dislike building because I'd rather play and it's a waste of time.
Today I build a kind of guest house using my orphanage as a template and following an old tutorial.
I found out that building is relaxing. I also liked what I got.
It's a nice change compared to my usual boxy houses.
Theorist
#9959 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
That's why I'm contemplating starting from scratch instead of sorting old files.

I had that idea last year? I think it was. However, I have LOTS of old stuff that either can't be got again due to sites bein long gone and or very, and I mean VERY hard to locate. I have zip files datin back to 2007, a lot of which are from sites that are no longer around. The downside is that some of the stuff that was made back then wasn't always the best of quality. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way knockin any of it as I must of liked the look of it on the site or I'd of never of downloaded it. It's more that some of the hairs are not animated so that long hair spikes through the sim or sticks straight out when they bend.

I think I mentioned this before when I talked 'bout sortin my old zips (yeah I still haven't finished them... lol... I start 'n then stop when I can't take anymore), but I also have many files that are from non English creators and as such has me needin to go to Google translate to them figure out.
Mad Poster
#9960 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Do they eat it with chopsticks? I think that would slow most non-Chinese Sims down.

(I only recently discovered that my Sims can order Chinese food, and nobody's actually done it yet. So I really don't know if they use chopsticks.)

Sims will usually use chopsticks unless they're very sloppy, in which case they simply up-end the carton over their open mouth.
https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...901#post5426901
Scholar
#9961 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 2:28 AM
A while back I spent a great deal of time trying to get a sim abducted by aliens. He stood out there all night in all kinds of weather for hours on end and I eventually gave in and used a hacked telescope to force it. I play with higher adduction odds and I even added the alien crash site to my hood to help facilitate the abduction all to no avail. Tonight I have a sim, in a different family, wander out to a regular telescope, I didn't think anything of it as I was focused on the two sims aging up to elder inside. He wasn't on that scope 2 hours and boom he was abducted. It was in fact the very situation I used to fear happening and why I heavily restricted telescope time for all sims. Just have to shake my head on this one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9962 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 1:43 AM
My Sims nearly always have cereal for breakfast.

Because I nearly always have cereal for breakfast.

Well it works for me, so it should work for them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9963 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
My Sims nearly always have cereal for breakfast.

Because I nearly always have cereal for breakfast.

Well it works for me, so it should work for them.

So do I. Cereal or toast. My sims, on the other hand, eat far more interestingly than me. I have a ton of custom food, from pancakes to bacon and eggs, to yoghurt and fruit, to breakfast muffins. I also downloaded all the cereal brands I remembered from my childhood. XD
Scholar
#9964 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 10:14 AM
Playing my house of chaos today, 5 children (1 teen, 2 children, 1 toddler, and an infant), and I thought to myself I wonder what would happen if I added a pet?
Mad Poster
#9965 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 2:51 PM
I'm thinking about Dodge adding a child minding zone to their service center soon as the settlers will start to want babies in the next few years and are unable to get that going if there's nothing there for their little one at the service center and they end up having to pay for babysitting service.
Mad Poster
#9966 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 3:57 PM
I thought I need to practice some building, since I have not needed to build any new ones for a while and am missing the theme thing on MTS. So I decided to make over the lots in the lot bin again.

I have started with the Ranch Retreat and am now on makover number 9. It may be taking a bit too long to get the perfect one.

I went through my downloads folder recently - it seems as if I have somehow ended up with more custom content....
Scholar
#9967 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 7:22 PM
There are times the simplest things just make me smile. Like a child playing with their teddy bear, a toddler cuddling up to a pet, a super shy teen with a bad crush moving in for a first kiss. I sometimes get caught up in gameplay and don't always take the time to watch the great animations.
Forum Resident
#9968 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 6:37 AM
I have no idea how this happened. My sim greeted him, offered a tour, and then immediately there was 45 Schmooze points. The headmaster didn't even eat dinner.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#9969 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 8:07 AM
The headmaster really likes your Sim, I guess!
Lab Assistant
#9970 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Shadow214 : 7th Sep 2020 at 12:27 AM.
I find it weird how on Tv Tropes there's a theory that the Ottomas family are humanoid abominations because of the unborn twins' glitch and the family's appearance.
Lab Assistant
#9971 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 2:40 AM
I wonder if there's a reason why Maxis made chairs and other random objects placeable on roofs. :p
Scholar
#9972 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 9:17 AM
A truly random thought I had today while playing my house of chaos. In trying to organize 2 rooms to fit all the kids in without putting the baby in a hallway I suddenly had a memory of the old TV show The Brady Bunch. They stuck 6 kids in 2 rooms with one shared bath between them and that was considered perfectly acceptable. How am I unable to work this out with pixels? It's the cribs that are killing me, once I don't have to deal with those I should be ok.
Scholar
#9973 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 11:18 AM
I'm definitely not regretting my new laptop purchase.
5Ghz processor with NVidia GeForce 1650 ti graphics card.
The game used to load for at least 30 mins from desktop to main menu (as I've said before) Now it takes less than 4 mins desktop to lot.
What do I do with all this extra time, play the game or something?
Still can't play the giants that @Zarathustra crafts so diligently but I can load them and have a non laggy peek around them.
best and I'm hoping my only $1.8k I'll spend in a long time.
So far worth all those hours to save up.
Theorist
#9974 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 12:54 PM
@Sims2Christain Don't you also have a SSD?

Random though: when I feel like downloading and Sims File Share is still under maintenance...
Going on downloading spree is like window shopping to me. I dislike that.
Field Researcher
#9975 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
A truly random thought I had today while playing my house of chaos. In trying to organize 2 rooms to fit all the kids in without putting the baby in a hallway I suddenly had a memory of the old TV show The Brady Bunch. They stuck 6 kids in 2 rooms with one shared bath between them and that was considered perfectly acceptable. How am I unable to work this out with pixels? It's the cribs that are killing me, once I don't have to deal with those I should be ok.

That's cause real humans don't have routing issues and can squeeze past and step over stuff!
Page 399 of 515