Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#10101 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I need new hairstyles and clothing for my sims.

I need new hairstyles and clothing for ME.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
#10102 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 5:50 PM
Debating on adding Strangetown w/ a custom made university or Widespot with LGU to my neighborhood. Either way, I'm getting super excited about the first generation of Sims born in Luna Canyon reaching the teenage stage and getting to add new characters
Theorist
#10103 Old 16th Oct 2020 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I need new hairstyles and clothing for ME.

Being working from home since March, I don't really need clothes. I would if I had to go to work (only get there twice in September) and now they added a curfew starting from tomorrow.

I was looking for clothes for a playable. Took me several hours.
I don't really know where I want to go with my hood. I kinda miss its beginnings and I'm way too attached to my pixels to start another hood.
I'd like to try a medieval game but I'm not sure I want to play big houses and classes besides downloading the required CC.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10104 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 5:17 PM
After four days playing on my new computer, I'm still blown away. I can hardly believe how good it is. The graphics are so crisp and clear. The animations are so smooth. The computer is so responsive. It used to take 15-20 minutes to get started. I would go away and get breakfast while the game was loading. Now it loads in under 3 minutes, and most of that is because I choose to use the Launcher and let the 55 second video run in full! Once I'm into the game, CAS loads in seconds. I used to have to wait several minutes the first time I started it while it loaded all my Body Shop CC. Body Shop loads in 20 seconds. It used to be more like 20 minutes. And so far it's all been absolutely reliable. There are a couple of minor glitches in CAS, but nothing to really worry about: the things that look wrong in CAS, look right in game, which is the main thing.

The speed and responsiveness of the computer make short play sessions feasible. In the four days since getting The Sims to run, I've played five households -- each for 24 Sim hours. Latterly I was only managing one to two families in a month. Some of the Sims I'm playing now, I last played in January 2017! I used to spend far more time thinking about my Sims than actually playing them. I'm hopeful now of being able to complete a full rotation in Veronaville a lot faster than the 3 to 4 years it was taking me. (Admittedly I have other 'hoods that I play, so I sometimes leave Veronaville unplayed for several months at a time.) Also being able to rapidly switch between Body Shop and the game should help a lot when I'm trying to make things. I haven't yet installed SimPE or Milkshape on the new computer, but the same should apply to them when I do.

Then there are the graphics. After nearly eight years playing on low resolution, I can hardly believe how good they are. It's like a different game. The transformation is a bit like when I was 14, and I got my first pair of glasses, and I could suddenly see things clearly that had been hopelessly blurred before. (But that was after only about two years of low resolution vision. I had had perfect vision until I was 12, but for some reason I became short-sighted as I reached puberty. In contrast, I've never seen my Sims properly before.) Probably other people, who have always had high definition Sims, might take it for granted, but for me it's all wonderful and new. Look at this picture of a meal at the Jacquets, the family I was playing last:
I can even see bump maps now! Only problem is that on some items, mainly things I've made myself, I can now see blemishes that were previously hidden by the low resolution. I really shall have to try to fix them. I wonder if I can add bump maps.

As for Neighborhood View, I'm watching pigeons flying over the rooftops of the Veronaville houses! I've already posted one picture already in my Help file, and I'll post some more, in the appropriate picture thread soon. Veronaville in high definition is too beautiful for words. :lovestruc (Andrew says to me, "Calm down! It's Veronaville you're talking about, not Shangri-La!" )
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10105 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:17 AM
@AndrewGloria -Welcome to my world with the game on your computer because my game has always loaded in less than three minutes even on my worst days except when installing glitchy CC that made the game crash on loading or I was just too tired and ill to play.
I'm still blown away by how much fun my game is with slowly building my town from the ground up and havingto add features from expansions gradually over time in my BACC instead of having everything right away and by how much easier it is to progress a town when you start with one couple and add one more at a time slowly over the first few years in the town.
Alchemist
#10106 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:14 AM
@Essa, What kind of clothes, for what kinds of sims? Today was a downloading day for me. Started off trying to knock down some of my open tabs--I saved a bunch of pages from Leoz94. I decided now was a good time to download the hood deco I found over there a while back as I'm starting to get into the upper crust part of my Pleasantview rebuild and I think some of the deco could be useful. But then I took a loooong detour into MDP's and DeeDee's tumblrs--it's funny how you miss things, even from creators you regularly follow. Oh, well, at least my guy sims are happy and have a variety of stuff now. I was thinking that me discovering DeeDee and MDP was like a watershed moment in my simming history. I had a few things for guys, but nowhere near the quantity I have now. I'm so glad the newer creators that came along over the years started making/converting more stuff for guys.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#10107 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:59 AM
@Phantomknight I agree on DeeDee and MDP. I currently have a love affair going with some of MDP's men's trousers and shorts.
Theorist
#10108 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Essa, What kind of clothes, for what kinds of sims? Today was a downloading day for me. Started off trying to knock down some of my open tabs--I saved a bunch of pages from Leoz94. I decided now was a good time to download the hood deco I found over there a while back as I'm starting to get into the upper crust part of my Pleasantview rebuild and I think some of the deco could be useful. But then I took a loooong detour into MDP's and DeeDee's tumblrs--it's funny how you miss things, even from creators you regularly follow. Oh, well, at least my guy sims are happy and have a variety of stuff now. I was thinking that me discovering DeeDee and MDP was like a watershed moment in my simming history. I had a few things for guys, but nowhere near the quantity I have now. I'm so glad the newer creators that came along over the years started making/converting more stuff for guys.

@Phantomknight
Don't worry. Said sim got her new outfit yesterday and I also found the perfect outfit for another one.
As I dislike cc hunting and the process of adding stuff, I'm doing it while I go, usually one household at a time.
I'm slightly adding stuff I already had and I wanted to keep for sure. When I want something new my starting point is Sims 2 default.
I too realized there were many cc out there while I wasn't playing the game those past few years. My hood started in 2017 and my crashing issues were preventing me from enjoying the game.
Now that the crashing stopped, I can add more quality cc.
Mad Poster
#10109 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:36 PM
You guys, should we tell AndrewGloria about the water and sky mods? Or wait a few weeks? Because, AndrewGloria, if you think Veronaville is gorgeous now . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#10110 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 7:52 PM
I know, @Sunbee! I wanted to break out my list of UI mods when I read that the new computer actually arrived.

Honestly, @AndrewGloria, I think you're going to be amazed by (and very happy with) the quality of cc these days, especially clothes. I don't know if you feel like Andrew doesn't have enough cool things to wear, but I know that years ago, that was one thing I really was lacking, quality content for guys. I feel like now, you're right where I was a few years ago when I started to let go of some of my oldest cc. I still love that stuff, but slowly I came to realize that there was just better made content out there. I've cut back a lot on things I had years ago, and kept only the things I really loved or things I found updated textures for. There are so many good conversions now, and they really look like game content, so it fits right in, making the game feel fresh after all these years.

You know, just a few days ago, I saw an anonymous post on someone's tumblr and the poster was a little amazed at the TS2 community and how we're still going strong. But yeah, the community is strong and really is one big team. Without even really planning it (at least I don't think anyone planned it, ) it has really done a better job of making content for all ages, keeping track of conversions, and making everyone's game just a little bit better. It's like everyone's on a relay race team and constantly passing the baton. Some convert from other games to TS2, then others pick that up and convert it to other age groups, and still others take those and make defaults. Then there's teams of simmers dedicated to documenting all that and making sure that the work gets publicized on databases. It's not perfect, but it's still leagues better than what we had back in the day, with AllTheHairs probably being the best example. Years ago, you could spend days trying to find retextures of one hair! Nowadays, maybe it'll be hard to track down one or two things, but you can definitely start a brand new Downloads folder and find yourself a suite of hairs in the same textures to use. Even with modding, information is shared and lots of collaborations are still going on--just look at the Traits Project and the mods relating to it. Not to mention that some mods today are things that old creators swore could never be done, or things the community took to be a lost cause. And then there always seems to be a new creator to pop up and fill the gap, just when we need...

Idk. Sometimes I just have to stop and marvel at this community and how dedicated everyone is.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#10111 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 11:16 PM
I'd say years ago we had to find a way to get paid content for free, especially when contests were a thing.
Field Researcher
#10112 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
After four days playing on my new computer, I'm still blown away. I can hardly believe how good it is. The graphics are so crisp and clear. The animations are so smooth. The computer is so responsive.

So happy for you that you can finally play with better graphics!
I remember when I first found out how to set my game at high quality settings (not that my computer couldn't handle it, i just wasnt active in the community until then and didn't know better), I nearly cried at how beautiful it was =O
Instructor
#10113 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 8:15 PM
At my current playing rate, I'm not going to finish my Beginning Strangetown hood by the end of the year. It sucks because I finished Pleasantview around this time last year. I would been done, if I didn't stop playing for three or so months. Sometimes lacking motivation to play, can come back and bite in the butt.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Field Researcher
#10114 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 3:19 AM
I moved into a split-level house last week. I suppose that must mean it's finally time for me to learn how to build with CFE...
Theorist
#10115 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 12:45 PM
I wish there was a way to find out why a pixel is furious with an other one. Unfortunately memories are not always helpful.
I'm aware that things sometimes happen in the background, that I'm the Watcher but I can't see everything.
Scholar
#10116 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 6:35 AM
I inadvertently made a sim cheat. I have these two couples and for whatever reason, I always mix up who is engaged to who. One of the males graduated and had a party and during it, I sent him over to kiss his fiancee, only it wasn't his fiancee. She rebuffed him, of course, but he still got labeled a cheater for it. It's not like any of them look alike, I don't know why I always get them confused. Now of course the girl he tried to kiss keeps calling him. I think she is as confused as I am.
Mad Poster
#10117 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:20 AM
Quote:
Idk. Sometimes I just have to stop and marvel at this community and how dedicated everyone is.

I do too-or as Mark Twain once said, "“The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated,”
Which is apropos here because it was rumored that the Sims 2 community would shrivel up and blow away when TS 3, and now 4 came onto the scene.
Not in the least. I'm still looking out for new dowlnloads every single day.
Not bad for an 'old' game!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#10118 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 10:51 AM
I wish there was a way to find out why a pixel is furious with an other one. Unfortunately memories are not always helpful.
I'm aware that things sometimes happen in the background, that I'm the Watcher but I can't see everything.

Oh God yes. One of my servants is constantly someone's enemy. I only realized later that she tends to pick fights and be rude. I don't remember making her not nice in CAS but maybe I did. But yeah sometimes a reason why they are enemies now would help.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10119 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
I inadvertently made a sim cheat.
So did I, though not in a romantic or sexual sense.

Angela Ramsay had taken two friends, Goneril Capp and Winifred McArdell, to Sims gone Wired for a meal out. Angela really wasn't hungry, and she was slow in starting to eat. This woebegone looking little kid in knee-length dungarees came over to her table. I thought he maybe wanted to talk to her. But then he reached in, helped himself to her food, and walked off to eat it at another table.
Well Angela wasn't really hungry, and who can begrudge a hungry child a morsel of food? So Angela decided just to sit and wait while her friends ate their main course, and then order a dessert for herself. But then I'm afraid I rather let her down. . .

I meant to click on Order, but I must have clicked on Skip out on Meal instead! Anyway, I got the message "The host knows what you're up to". And Nancy Rusewitz came over and lectured her, embarrassing her in front of her friends.

And I blushed too, for being so stupid!
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#10120 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 12:39 PM Last edited by Essa : 22nd Oct 2020 at 4:04 PM. Reason: English is not my first language and it shows in the last sentence.
Quote: Originally posted by Katerina Petrova
Oh God yes. One of my servants is constantly someone's enemy. I only realized later that she tends to pick fights and be rude. I don't remember making her not nice in CAS but maybe I did. But yeah sometimes a reason why they are enemies now would help.

Rainielle Neengia made it into my hood as a playable. I gave her the Eaxian personality (3 points nice IIRC).
Every single time she interacts with other pixels, she starts with pokes or argues. I like her, she's a lot of fun and I know why pixels dislike her.
She recently woohooed with one of my playables and she argued with him right after the fact. That unexpected behaviour was a first for me.

I have absolutely no idea why Iris and Aria who are truly nice are angry at each other. Aria is the furious one.
Mad Poster
#10121 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 4:56 PM
My game is getting more exciting with new content and Mods being installed like today with one that is for my TOT challenge.
Mad Poster
#10122 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 2:49 AM

In my game this is usually because some sims (lookin' at you, Nina Caliente!) seem to enjoy walking up to random strangers and poking them in the nose repeatedly. The instigator then acts as if they can't imagine why anybody would be offended by this behavior.

Between nose-poking and trying to dance with random total strangers, I end up with lots of enemies and eventually fights in my neighborhoods. There was an old mod by Pescado called "nostrangerdance" which was helpful for this, but I can't find it now. It doesn't help that MATY appears to be down tonight.
Theorist
#10123 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 11:06 AM
Fights in my neighbourhood especially occur between siblings (mostly due to a bad aspiration when growing up) and some mean sims.
Regarding the nostrangerdance hack, I just found a old post (2005) on Maty saying the mod is discontinued.
Forum Resident
#10124 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:59 PM
MATY has been down for a couple of days, or at least for me it has. I haven't been able to get on it at all.

On the topic of neighbourhood fights, it's usually Nina and/or Vidcund that pick up fights with random strangers in my game. In my Pleasantview, teenage Gabriel Pleasant is in aspiration failure, so picks up fights with a bunch of random sims, including Nina, funnily enough. He even attacked Johnny Smith, someone he considered a best friend, and was confused why Johnny didn't want to hang out with him anymore.

Sims, am I right?

I terms of fury, it's difficult for me to pick up on 'puddle rage.' That's why Circe and Loki hate Nervous in my game... and why Nina was furious with Romeo when he was a toddler...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#10125 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 5:37 PM
Well, in my hood Iris is also in aspiration failure due to social services (and me). They took her two younger children.
She shows up on comm lots with a desperate face, so she may have poke Aria too much.
Page 405 of 515