Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Children can care for their lil' siblings

by TheSweetSimmer Posted 19th Aug 2018 at 1:20 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2022 at 4:15 PM by TheSweetSimmer

122 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 6:46 PM
Love this, anything that can make children interact more is just wonderful, and I love your gameplay trailer, so cute <3 Thank you!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#102 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 2:59 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 4:47 PM
Thank you for this expansion to the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 7:33 PM
This is amazing and adorable, thank you for creating and sharing this! :)
Forum Resident
#105 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 10:32 PM
I'd like to try this, but after watching your YouTube video demonstrating it, I'd like to know if kids will get Memories for picking up toddlers every single time or not.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 5:37 PM
Brilliant! Perfect for my babysitting adventures story :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#107 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:17 PM
Sorry for the belated post, but I downloaded this a while back and it is indeed a game changer!

(Also, I don't have any problems with Memory spam like I feared, but I do have velocitygrass's No (or fewer) automatic memories mod and tool with which I made a package long ago with only Memories I want permitted, so they aren't happening at all.)
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
Sorry for the belated post, but I downloaded this a while back and it is indeed a game changer!

(Also, I don't have any problems with Memory spam like I feared, but I do have velocitygrass's No (or fewer) automatic memories mod and tool with which I made a package long ago with only Memories I want permitted, so they aren't happening at all.)

That's good! Without the mod you mentioned, the memories act the same way as if adults were to pick toddlers up for the first time, so you wouldn't need to worry about it anyways

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Forum Resident
#109 Old 6th Aug 2021 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetSimmer
That's good! Without the mod you mentioned, the memories act the same way as if adults were to pick toddlers up for the first time, so you wouldn't need to worry about it anyways

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
#110 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 4:22 PM
I noticed that my cat has the option to pick up my baby, and I am fairly certain it's this mod. When the cat picks up the baby they both deform and then they're stuck. Just needs a sim reset to fix, but I thought I'd report it!
Inventor
#111 Old 10th May 2022 at 4:09 AM
With this mod, I had a second "Pick Up" interaction on my adult's pie menu for his toddler, and, bizarrely, I was only able to put down the toddler on the ground floor. The adult would carry the child upstairs, then go back downstairs to put the toddler down.

I found the ITUN for the pick up interaction in this mod and set it to child-only. This seems to have fixed both issues.

It might not be a bug in this mod, per se. I also have Arsil's Child2Baby2Toddler and the compatibility script between that mod and TST's mods. It's possible both messed with the same interaction? At any rate, this fixed the problem for me, if anyone else had it.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 10th May 2022 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by echoweaver
With this mod, I had a second "Pick Up" interaction on my adult's pie menu for his toddler, and, bizarrely, I was only able to put down the toddler on the ground floor. The adult would carry the child upstairs, then go back downstairs to put the toddler down.

I found the ITUN for the pick up interaction in this mod and set it to child-only. This seems to have fixed both issues.

It might not be a bug in this mod, per se. I also have Arsil's Child2Baby2Toddler and the compatibility script between that mod and TST's mods. It's possible both messed with the same interaction? At any rate, this fixed the problem for me, if anyone else had it.

Thank you, I am very aware of this issue! I've just been putting this mod off for years but I really should update it soon
I haven't actually looked in the actual mod file for a while so I assumed the issue was because there was no ITUN file for the interaction, therefor any age child and above, and pets could perform the interaction.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 4:16 PM
great! will there be an update for it?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#114 Old 16th Oct 2022 at 12:37 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#115 Old 6th Feb 2023 at 6:11 PM
Obrigada
Test Subject
#116 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Ailin_Risu : 17th Mar 2023 at 6:05 PM.
Hello there, is this mod gonna be update somehow?
I love it, but it gives some "problems", like the one mentioned for some people having the "pick up" interaction twice with adults, and having it with pets too... (at first I found the pets thing funny more than a problem tbh xD)

In addition, I don't know if it's only me (I'm playing with 1.67), but the bug you mentioned about "the child must be holding a toddler before interacting with them" is happening with teens and adults too, and not just with toddlers, but with babies too, plus when they're holding the toddler/baby if I use the "go here" interaction, they put them on the floor first instead of go there holding them (unless I use the "go here with")

Children also have the "pick up" (on floor and crib) and "put in crib" interactions with babies, but they strench and can't do anything else with them... except for the "check on" interaction when they're in the crib from your "More Baby Interactions" mod, of course (I love it) It'll be cool if children can interact a little bit more with babies too.

As you said on the post, I remember taking care of babies when I was like 11, my mother's friend gave birth and we visited their home a lot because we were neighbours, and I sometimes piked up the baby (with supervision) and rocked him to sleep, sometimes they even let me feed him carefully to not choke him with the milk, so I know letting a child to take care of a baby is not THAT good idea xD I'm ok if children can't feed or change their diapers, but at least EA could have given us some fraternal love...

(maybe this should be on your "More Baby Interactions" mod comments, and I guess if you didn't do this is because it's difficult to do, or you don't have the time... but I think it'll be cute if children could perform more of that mod interaction too, at least the interactions "talk to", "coo at" and "rock", so they can befriend their little siblings erlier)

Anyway, sorry for the looong message, you really are awesome, some of your animations look so profesional, I wish EA had hired you xD
Happy simming y'all
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailin_Risu
Hello there, is this mod gonna be update somehow?
I love it, but it gives some "problems", like the one mentioned for some people having the "pick up" interaction twice with adults, and having it with pets too... (at first I found the pets thing funny more than a problem tbh xD)

In addition, I don't know if it's only me (I'm playing with 1.67), but the bug you mentioned about "the child must be holding a toddler before interacting with them" is happening with teens and adults too, and not just with toddlers, but with babies too, plus when they're holding the toddler/baby if I use the "go here" interaction, they put them on the floor first instead of go there holding them (unless I use the "go here with")

Children also have the "pick up" (on floor and crib) and "put in crib" interactions with babies, but they strench and can't do anything else with them... except for the "check on" interaction when they're in the crib from your "More Baby Interactions" mod, of course (I love it) It'll be cool if children can interact a little bit more with babies too.

As you said on the post, I remember taking care of babies when I was like 11, my mother's friend gave birth and we visited their home a lot because we were neighbours, and I sometimes piked up the baby (with supervision) and rocked him to sleep, sometimes they even let me feed him carefully to not choke him with the milk, so I know letting a child to take care of a baby is not THAT good idea xD I'm ok if children can't feed or change their diapers, but at least EA could have given us some fraternal love...

(maybe this should be on your "More Baby Interactions" mod comments, and I guess if you didn't do this is because it's difficult to do, or you don't have the time... but I think it'll be cute if children could perform more of that mod interaction too, at least the interactions "talk to", "coo at" and "rock", so they can befriend their little siblings erlier)

Anyway, sorry for the looong message, you really are awesome, some of your animations look so profesional, I wish EA had hired you xD
Happy simming y'all

Hey there!
I am still aware that this mod needs an update to fix bugs and things, I am hoping to get back to it when I finish up on some other projects. I think the "Go Here" issue with sims putting down the baby/toddler is part of a different mod since I have the same issue, but I could be wrong. As for more interactions between children and babies, I have a new mod planned for the future which enhances this so kids can start gaining relationship with their younger siblings earlier

Thank you for the feedback!

Test Subject
#118 Old 19th Mar 2023 at 3:49 AM
Hey there!
I am still aware that this mod needs an update to fix bugs and things, I am hoping to get back to it when I finish up on some other projects. I think the "Go Here" issue with sims putting down the baby/toddler is part of a different mod since I have the same issue, but I could be wrong. As for more interactions between children and babies, I have a new mod planned for the future which enhances this so kids can start gaining relationship with their younger siblings earlier

Thank you for the feedback!

Good luck with your projects, I hope everything goes nice
I just checked the "go here" interaction without this mod to be sure and it worked properly, maybe it's a bug of this mod or a incompativility with another one, I don't know how to know it for sure...
Oh, so exciting! I'll be waiting for that mod! >_< I find babies and toddlers fun to play with, but whithout mods there aren't too much options to gameplay and roleplay with them, I guess that's why some people find them bored/tedious and don't play with them too much...

Btw, by any chance are you having plans for a toddler to toddler interaction mod? I know they're some, like Arsil's Child2Toddler2Baby, or Cherry92's Toddler Interactions, but to use those interactions my toddler has to know how to talk already, or the other toddler have to be part of my household. I'm playing with Nraas Go Here inactive babysitter, and I was hoping my recently grown up toddler could make friends at the babysitter house, even if she doesn't know how to talk already (because IRL toddler babble to eachother and apparently they can undertend eachother, and they laught, and cute stuff)
Anyway, thank you for your answer, I'll be keeping an eye now and then for your new updates
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 21st Mar 2023 at 8:44 PM
Good luck with your projects, I hope everything goes nice
I just checked the "go here" interaction without this mod to be sure and it worked properly, maybe it's a bug of this mod or a incompativility with another one, I don't know how to know it for sure...
Oh, so exciting! I'll be waiting for that mod! >_< I find babies and toddlers fun to play with, but whithout mods there aren't too much options to gameplay and roleplay with them, I guess that's why some people find them bored/tedious and don't play with them too much...

Btw, by any chance are you having plans for a toddler to toddler interaction mod? I know they're some, like Arsil's Child2Toddler2Baby, or Cherry92's Toddler Interactions, but to use those interactions my toddler has to know how to talk already, or the other toddler have to be part of my household. I'm playing with Nraas Go Here inactive babysitter, and I was hoping my recently grown up toddler could make friends at the babysitter house, even if she doesn't know how to talk already (because IRL toddler babble to eachother and apparently they can undertend eachother, and they laught, and cute stuff)
Anyway, thank you for your answer, I'll be keeping an eye now and then for your new updates

I'll make a new script for the children can carry toddlers mod anyway, so if the go here bug does come from it, it should be fixed afterwards.

Yes! I'll be adding interactions all between babies, toddlers, kids and possibly teens. Though, I prefer not to talk about what I plan to make as I can't make any promises with anything, but I try

Test Subject
#120 Old 3rd Jun 2023 at 2:15 PM
I'll make a new script for the children can carry toddlers mod anyway, so if the go here bug does come from it, it should be fixed afterwards.

Yes! I'll be adding interactions all between babies, toddlers, kids and possibly teens. Though, I prefer not to talk about what I plan to make as I can't make any promises with anything, but I try

Hello again (I saw I came back just in time for a new mod :p)
I just wanted to answer this to tell you that I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured for the expectations asking about future mods, of course I'm hyped with your work and with the new interactions you mentioned, but even if at the end you can't manage to do everything you said you already did a lot of awesome work that never disappoints, and that's the important, the things you accomplished
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 6:10 PM
Hello again (I saw I came back just in time for a new mod :p)
I just wanted to answer this to tell you that I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured for the expectations asking about future mods, of course I'm hyped with your work and with the new interactions you mentioned, but even if at the end you can't manage to do everything you said you already did a lot of awesome work that never disappoints, and that's the important, the things you accomplished

It's all good don't worry! Thank you for your kind words ♥

Test Subject
#122 Old 31st Jul 2023 at 3:29 AM
hello! is the bug already fixed?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 6th Jan 2024 at 6:19 AM
thank you so much!
Page 5 of 5