Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modern Toilet/Sink Combo

by K9DB Posted 27th Jan 2020 at 12:39 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2020 at 5:06 PM by K9DB

60 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunari
I just came back to this after posting in the shower/toddler tub one, since I realized I haven't properly thanked you in a post for this yet.
This might appear a bit outlandish, but really, this is SUCH a huge game changer for me. This made things so, SO much easier. This goes beyond tiny-living, it's specially useful for stores and etc you might have, but honestly, I basically use it in most lots I have.

One of my gripes with EA is "why do they have to make things so obtrusively big?? (Why??)". I mean, since the very beginning. Look at that huge observatory thing. What's wrong with a small, perhaps even portable telescope? One that say, you could have in a balcony or your kid's room? No. everything they have to do has to be big. That's why I'm always on the hunt for smaller things, always. (said telescope, the now dead notebook, Esmeraldas' smaller cupcake machine etc)
If you're like me, and end up with almost every sim learning all skills avaiable, then space is ALWAYS a problem. You end with so much stuff from all the different hobbies avaiable. Thus I found the tiny living idea incredible but...
It always seems like EA is leaving out important, needed things.

And this combo was one of them. This is such a HUGE asset. Now 2 grid complete bathrooms are possible. This is such an improvement. Ever tried playing in a house with 8+ sims? It always seems to me that when someone needs to use the bathroom, then suddenly everyone needs it at the same time (really).
Thanks a lot. I'm not exaggerating. this is in almost of my lots now. From tiny homes, to ships, to community lots and business, from employees area/owner's living quarters to even customer's stalls... cause I mean what even was that stall from uni? I can make a smaller and complete bathroom now!

Awww, thanks so much @Lunari , it's always great to hear how people are using them and enjoying them :lovestruc
And yes, I know right?! Why are the objects so huge?! Every time! Even now when a new pack comes out some objects are just too big!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 12:34 AM
But yes, I have been missing this one SO much. Specially one that can just be put outdoors, is one tile and that's it. I was hoping the one from the Careers (Get to Work?) expansion would be like this. Even ressurrected it for a tiny home farm (so they wouldn't have to run all the way back home from gardening but...) I'm not sure how it works. I think when my sim autonomously used it she used it as a toilet... But then when I tried to direct her to use it I think there was only shower/higiene options. So I don't know.
I even considered getting the mod that lets you relieve the bladder in the shower (letting ppl know it here in case they don't know it and it's of use for someone). But I only wanted it for that specific ultra technological shower... So I got a bit of "eehhh" feeling and dropped the idea. Seemed a bit like that youtuber who was considering foregoing the bathroom for the micro house and putting that get together toilet/shrub outside It felt like too much

But I miss it. I think these ultra higiene facilities have been around since Sims 1? or was it 2? Though it might have been a mod? back in sims 1? (did they exist??), I don't remember.
But really, it comes with the science career. It so could have been a do it all thing. Like a "take care of me", Jetson super bathroom facility. Specially since the flavour/text seems to say it's to decontaminate or something. And I have been using in in science (hello chemicals), astronaut (hello aliens), and even conservationists (hello decompressions and perhaps bacterya) lots.

Argh! I know right?? One of those all in one showers would have been nice...and an outdoor outhouse! YAY! I wonder if we'll get that farming pack and they'll add it? Argh...I wish I could still open my Sims 3 game on this computer...I would grab the "all in one" bathroom meshes and textures and creating some tuning for them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 9:27 PM
This is a great idea! Thanks
Forum Resident
#54 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 2:14 PM
But I miss it. I think these ultra higiene facilities have been around since Sims 1? or was it 2? Though it might have been a mod? back in sims 1? (did they exist??), I don't remember.
But really, it comes with the science career. It so could have been a do it all thing. Like a "take care of me", Jetson super bathroom facility. Specially since the flavour/text seems to say it's to decontaminate or something. And I have been using in in science (hello chemicals), astronaut (hello aliens), and even conservationists (hello decompressions and perhaps bacterya) lots.

I had a special CC shower in The Sims 1 that maxed all motives.

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 4:02 AM
If anyone's having trouble getting this to appear in their game you have to unzip it with WinRAR or WinZip.
Instructor
#56 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 5:51 PM
I really love this, although I do have one question: Is it possible to get the sink part to "snap" to the correct location on the toilet instead of having to try to line it up and set it on? Sort of like snapping a sink to a counter so if you move the counter it moves the sink too? I tried asking on other forums how that would be accomplished but got no responses & I haven't the slightest clue how to do mods for this game.
Since other people threw out suggestions: Have you ever seen corner toilets? The bowl is standard size & shape but the tank is triangular. Corner sinks (also triangle shaped) are cool too-- a corner sink/toilet combo would be super cool. But, it might be a total pain to mesh so I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.
Oh, did you know there's actually a urinal sink? (not in game mind you). Just has a faucet at the top. LOL.
I made a thread on the official sims forum with pictures of more toilet-sink combos as well as other combo stuff if you're interested in looking. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment/17420021

I'm still very happy that you made these toilet/sink combos though as they are space-saving.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th Mar 2020 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
I really love this, although I do have one question: Is it possible to get the sink part to "snap" to the correct location on the toilet instead of having to try to line it up and set it on? Sort of like snapping a sink to a counter so if you move the counter it moves the sink too? I tried asking on other forums how that would be accomplished but got no responses & I haven't the slightest clue how to do mods for this game.
Since other people threw out suggestions: Have you ever seen corner toilets? The bowl is standard size & shape but the tank is triangular. Corner sinks (also triangle shaped) are cool too-- a corner sink/toilet combo would be super cool. But, it might be a total pain to mesh so I'm just throwing it out there as an idea.
Oh, did you know there's actually a urinal sink? (not in game mind you). Just has a faucet at the top. LOL.
I made a thread on the official sims forum with pictures of more toilet-sink combos as well as other combo stuff if you're interested in looking. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...omment/17420021

I'm still very happy that you made these toilet/sink combos though as they are space-saving.

Thanks @suceress !
Yeah, I wish I could have made them work that way. I tried moving the sinks back but it didn’t work. I asked around, but got no answers, so it looks like no one knows how to change this. Sims are programmed to interact with objects in a specific location. Basically, when I move the sink back to fit directly on the toilets the Sims will still stand and wash their hands where the sink used to be, in the center of the square. So I had to work around that by matching the position of the sinks to their fixed animation positions instead.
Thanks for the inspiration! Those are some great suggestions. Wow, those are some fancy combos! Is that a washing machine toilet combo?! At least your toilet water will always smell fresh, LOL!
At the moment I’m working on kitchen appliance combos (luckily I figured out a way to more easily slot the different objects...except for the fridge...the door animations would be wrong otherwise). But when I finish this project I’ll look into a corner toilet/sink combo and see if it works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 8:27 PM
ingenius! ty :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 9:17 PM
Thank you! I'm trying to make a realistic maxis-match style prison, but I refuse to combine the sink and toilet with alt.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 7:25 PM
Reminds me of being in jail lol. Now when I redo the cop shop the cells will be much more realistic.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 7:56 AM
Definitely something the sims was in desperate need of. Wish the sink would actually go on top of the toilet without having to use alt... But I still love it for my torture cell!
Page 3 of 3