Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#1151 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 8:42 AM
i really want a seasons EP, but a substantial EP. weather, beaches that aren't just parks with sandy terrain paint, more outdoor activities, better gardening, etc. i thought seasons would be the next EP after generations, so i'm pretty disappointed that it's another Pets EP.
i'd also like to see something with the idea of university but maybe better executed than TS2's. i really liked uni, and i think it would be a lot better off with the new lifespan control options and the open neighborhood. i know it's naive of me but i really thought they'd include something like it in generations instead of the bugged boarding school system they have.
although to be honest, i'd just be really happy if they came out with an EP that is just the best of the TS2 EPs so we don't have to keep buying the same ones every time there's a new base game. better babies, being able to have a nonplayable roommate in apartments, etc.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#1152 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:37 AM
Uni (favourite of mine) - If we were to have this, my one little wish would be YA and UP(!!!) can go to University. What's the matter EA, never heard of people going to University in their 40s?

and Seasons, which is a duh, if you ask me.
Mad Poster
#1153 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:47 AM
Seasons, Hobbies, and REAL Apartments. Not those half-ass apartments that came with Late Night.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#1154 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 12:34 PM
Space exploration. Ability to set up a camp on the moon or create a spacestation orbiting earth and meet weird aliens that like to chat about bad television shows.
Mad Poster
#1155 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
Space exploration. Ability to set up a camp on the moon or create a spacestation orbiting earth and meet weird aliens that like to chat about bad television shows.

Spore? ...

Theorist
#1156 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Seasons, Hobbies, and REAL Apartments. Not those half-ass apartments that came with Late Night.

Yeah that's why I wanted UNI, because it would allow us to have dorms, and dorms are technically apartments with roomies...AND we could have a little apartment district on campus as well and condos along a river side on campus, oh my, I need to finish my idea!

Also, I want EA to allow bigger worlds, I think for Seasons I said this a while back in this thread, it should be like 4 different towns with 4 different climates and the geography of the town would depend on the climate...So obviously if your living in the beach town, you'd get all the seasons but the chance of you getting snow would decrease by x% and you'd get more rain in the winter than snow..And a bunch of rain in the spring than sunshine..And if EA can get off their arses they could have disasters such as floods, and hurricanes!

And then the other world would be a Mountain/Hilly valley, somewhat like Sunset Valley but better, and this would be sort of like a Canadian Coastal city, or an Appalachian town, or even a West or East coastal town. During the winter you'd obviously have heavy snow or serious blizzards, and you'd probably have a lot of snow and rain in the spring too. And in the Summer you'd get a break and have very hot weather, or warm, but it could still snow in the mountains. And in the fall, the trees would change colors and leaves would be EVERYWHERE!

And the other region would be like, a Pittsburgh sort of geography, like only flat in the city area for the most part and along a river, and again if EA can get off their high horses, in the early summer - early fall you'd have tornado season where you would have x% of chance of getting a tornado, that would destroy everything in it's path..AND IF EA REALLY PAID ATTENTION TO DETAIL WE COULD HAVE DIFFERENT STRENGTH TORNADOES ALL DIFFERENT SHAPES AND SIZES, but I'm dreaming now..And you would also get Snow here, and blizzards, it might be a lighter coding.

The last region could be another beachy like town something like California geography, but central California, correct me if I'm wrong but it gets hot in the summer and it can drop freezing cold in the Winter and get a decent amount of snow..

Also a couple of addons to this would be HOBBIES, hobbies would most certainly have to go into Weather and it would go with the season because obviously, at least for me I wouldn't want to go kite flying in the winter or surfing on a plate of ice. That brings me to another thing, if EA would freeze over water! And in the fall and early spring when it's starting to frost and melting there could be holes of water in the rivers or lakes w.e. And erm, water would have to be swimmable and ski resorts would have to be included..Maybe full pledged hotels could come as well, but as well as later in a OFB expansion. I liked that name Back to Business on that one thread, so I hope EA does do that.. Anywho I gotta go finish my idea for University, you shall see it later!
Scholar
#1157 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 12:57 PM
Spore? ...

Spore doesn't have sprinklers
Mad Poster
#1158 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 1:02 PM
Spore doesn't have sprinklers

Okay? ...

Scholar
#1159 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 1:09 PM
Okay? ...

So it was a lame joking reference to the many complaints about sprinklers in general. In how sims seem to gravitate towards them. We can't deny alien sims the same happiness And in Spore they are devoid of Sprinkler Happyness in life.
Lab Assistant
#1160 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:54 PM
It's Magic- Magic skill, Magician/Witch/Warlock Careers, Simwarts/Simstrang/Simbeaux Schools, Wands, spell-books, cursed books, Misc. Objects

C'est La Vie(That's Life)- more realistic M stuff that can be turned on/off via launcher like; Drugs, Adult jobs, ect. Other T real life jobs; power plan manager, Game designer, Misc Real Life Objects

EA should get some modders to work for them to make the awesome stuff we want, not random stuff(town life stuff, out door living)

"Hence why I stay the hell away from bicycles"
-justin1010
Scholar
#1161 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 5:25 AM
RABBITS! Just sneak in one teeny weeny rabbit in the pets game and I'll be happy! Why won't EA listen to me? XP

In all seriousness, I would really like a business/shopping kind of one, where the venue owning could be expanded on, a few rabbit holes (it doesn't have to be many, just like a restaurant and maybe the movie theater?) could be opened, and the ability to go on a shopping spree. I think that it would be cool if they made a (NOT rabbit hole) superstore where you get the second cheapest (the consignment store should be the cheapest) prices. Heck, if they wanted to make money, they could get Costco to sponsor it or something and call it Sim-Costco or something XD And a few objects could be exclusive to that store, and they could have samples of food (maybe pieces of key lime pie or something) and you have the option to buy the object (like the key lime pie) from the stand. And there should be like a $100 simoleon membership fee, added to the bill!
Scholar
#1162 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 6:46 PM
Boats and yachts. So that the sea shore will be used more and rivers in neighbourhoods are used. Maybe even own a boat as house like we have in my country in some citycanals.
Test Subject
#1163 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Fishyman : 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:20 PM.
ideas
i know the sims is supposed to be realistic but why don't they create a fantasy-based expantion for the sims 3 they have making magic for the sims 1 and apartment life for the sims 2 had witches. these ideas could be used for a great fantacy based expantion. a few ideas of mine include

-kids can go to fairy land if they play with a certain toy box a certain amount of times. (i know they had a toybox with fairies in it in one of the sims games.) (i'm also trying to buld a fairy land)

- centars could roam the neighborhood in forests off the lots. this could be disabled in options and if sims get a good relationship with them they come to visit or even move in.

- magic, witches and warlocks could also reappear

- karma from the consol games could make an apperance.

- the geine lamp should reappar.

I have only just thought of this idea and will try to expand on it
Top Secret Researcher
#1164 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 9:34 PM
I think "The Sims 3: Cold and Flu Season" would be fun to play.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
#1165 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:56 AM
I've thought of an aviation-related one where airplanes & flying are the main focus. But not sure if it should be a "stuff pack" or a full-house expansion..
Lab Assistant
#1166 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:59 AM
I had a thought last night which I would love to see in game, and that's car repair/building. Or motorbikes. It would work as a profession, or a skill. If they had it so that cars required upkeep to keep them running fast and well (And if you didn't they would break down on the way to work or to the stores) and you could either get it seen by an invisible man somewhere (Like getting the alarm installed) which would keep it up for a long period of time, or you could work on it yourself, which would require more frequent checks - once every few days or so. (Or it could be a turn on and off option so no one would actually have to do it...)

They could get them really overpowered, so that a cheap car can go really fast, but may get you pulled over or arrested. They can build them from kits or scratch or something. And race them, bikes I could see it being a location - a dirt track, but cars a rabbit hole would make more practical sense I guess.

I dunno, it was just bugging me that sims couldn't work on any vehicle but the fire truck...

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Field Researcher
#1167 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:22 AM
Boats and yachts. So that the sea shore will be used more and rivers in neighbourhoods are used. Maybe even own a boat as house like we have in my country in some citycanals.

Ooooooh that would be so awesome! Rich sims could go deep in the sea, stop there and sunbath, jumping in the water and maybe scuba diving! *_* And they could find some treasures on the bottom, maybe shipwrecks! Also, collecting clams on the seashore would be so nice.
And poor sims, who can't afford yachts, could get a bad moodlet while sitting in their fishing boat from the sight of the rich ones having fun on the yacht.

Oh and of course there would be BIG sharks in the water, so the sims must be careful.
New way of death. And the creature could be a mermaid! Or Aquaman. :D

Quote: Originally posted by insane_in_charlie_shirt
I had a thought last night which I would love to see in game, and that's car repair/building. Or motorbikes. It would work as a profession, or a skill. If they had it so that cars required upkeep to keep them running fast and well (And if you didn't they would break down on the way to work or to the stores) and you could either get it seen by an invisible man somewhere (Like getting the alarm installed) which would keep it up for a long period of time, or you could work on it yourself, which would require more frequent checks - once every few days or so. (Or it could be a turn on and off option so no one would actually have to do it...)

They could get them really overpowered, so that a cheap car can go really fast, but may get you pulled over or arrested. They can build them from kits or scratch or something. And race them, bikes I could see it being a location - a dirt track, but cars a rabbit hole would make more practical sense I guess.

I dunno, it was just bugging me that sims couldn't work on any vehicle but the fire truck...

Agreed. A more realistic traffic wouldn't be bad also. And they could add real gas stations, since cars would run out of fuel after a time.

Btw I want some hobbies/sports themed EP so bad.
Or the "Most Awesome Things We Left Out Since Now Packed Into One" EP wouldn't be bad either.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Test Subject
#1168 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 9:46 PM
Magic (Make it better then the Apartment Life version, magic isn't just spells after all)

Hobbies (More arts like pottery and maybe jewelrymaking as well as more physical pursuits like skating and surfing)

An OFB style expansion that would include museums so that you could gather the results of your painters and explorers and such and display it for all to see

More recipes for cooking

More Adventure, EA's theme of only having 3 locales for vacations/adventuring is kind of irritating. Having more added as part of later expansions or something would be awesome. The underwater thing posted above would be a neat locale, could make pirates the treasure theme there, plus exploring shipwrecks could open up a whole new variety of traps and puzzles.

Also would be cool to have a greece/rome style vacation/adventure area and some sort of jungle/tropical locale which could have lots of new collecting items and possibly new tombs in an aztec/mayan/incan/etc style

(Yes, in case it wasn't obvious I love adventures )
Forum Resident
#1169 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 4:26 PM
I like the way the traits are in The Sims Social on Facebook in that there are different degrees of traits. The problem in TS3 is that whatever trait your sims have they have it to the extreme. Take the "Loner" trait for example. I know some people *cough*ME*cough* who love to be alone, but at other times enjoy the company of others, it just depends on how they *cough*I*cough* feel. Some implementation of that kind of idea would be nice. Failing that...

Anti-traits. There are so many traits that could be reversed.
Examples:
Charismatic/Socially inept
Virtuoso/Tone Deaf
Genius/Dumb Ass
Green Thumb/Black Pinkie
Loner/Loves Company
Never Nude/Ehem...

etc.

Go suck an elf...
Theorist
#1170 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 7:31 PM
Terrain Paint in World Editor in-game.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#1171 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:56 PM
I'd like to see stasis pods, you put a sim in it and it freezes their age etc until you let them out.

I'd like diseases to come back as well, and that lab station from sims 2 where you could make viruses or cures.

And churches, not a set religion but the parts to make any church and a speakers platform or something where sims can watch a sermon, so that it's kept ambiguous.

Prisons/Dungeons would be good too.

And decent werewolves of course.
Scholar
#1172 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:22 PM
I would like to see the option for having local sims stay over for a few days. Meaning that they wont leave when you go to work. Or just go out during that time and come back when you come back. Or even if you have to take a few vacation days yourself while they are visiting you. Anything to get rid of the crappy friendly sleep over that I somehow never can make to work (while seeing romantic option for sleep over and move in option).
Lab Assistant
#1173 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by olomaya
Also love the idea of locking job levels. Sometimes I JUST want my Sim to be a high school teacher or JUST the Mayor. I don't want them to go any farther than that and hate when I check back in on them and they are at level 9 or 10 of their career.

I have one sim like that. It's actually a (fun) challenge NOT letting her progress to a promotion. If that little green promotion bar is getting too close to being filled, I force her to go hang out at the bars instead. She's a doctor, which makes it even more hilarious. Somebody will be having an epileptic fit and she'll just keep on chugging.

Back on topic: Magic, please.
Test Subject
#1174 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 10:39 AM
Magic is everything I really need. TS3 version of Makin' Magic would be totally awesome, I still think that MM is the best sims game ever.
Something like Superstar would also be nice, I could finally make my sim version of Madonna
Forum Resident
#1175 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 8:36 PM
An interaction that allows you to intervene in arguments and fights - "ask to break it up and move along" - something like that. It'd be good when two kids or teens get into a fight if a friendly or authoritative adult could tell them to pack it in and be nice. It might be nice as an autonomous action for good traited or family oriented/nurturing sims, so long as you don't get 8 different sims trying to do it at the same time.

I wish mean sims wouldn't be so offended when someone is mean to them, I know that stone hearted kinda gets rid of that, but I think it should be included as part of the trait. People are only usually mean verbally and out loud when they can take the criticism. The rest of us do it behind someone back or under our breath. Mean sims should understand and laugh.
Sim: "You're an ass!"
Mean Sim: "Haha.. I know "

But then if it's the spouse or the parents or siblings telling them constantly that they're out of line, they should get the opportunity to change their ways.. Hey! Anger management classes! :p

Go suck an elf...
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 47 of 67