Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#151 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
All contestants I have a question for you (that's a switch, lol). I have gotten contest feedback two different ways in the past, in a PM and as a "spoiler" with the scores post. I don't mind either way, but if any of you would rather keep the feedback private let me know. Otherwise, I'll do it as a spoiler.

I don't mind having my feedback on public. Guys I wonder how much time you have spent searching for CC.
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#152 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:44 PM
Welcome, Shaundak21! Just think of it this way, these sims are just moving in so they haven't had time to clutter yet
Mad Poster
#153 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:34 PM
Here's my application :-) It was a bit rushed because there have been so many entries recently I was worried I may not get to participate if I didn't reply soon! But here it is. Dead on $35,000! :-D

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:44 PM
Glad you made it, Lauratje86! You seemed interested, but like you said, we started filling up fast!
Mad Poster
#155 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:50 PM
I know! I was the first to post asking a question and the 17th contestant, shocking! :-D Anyway, I'm really looking forward to participating in this contest and I'm loving seeing everyone's entries. I have a feeling that this contest will drastically increase the size of my downloads folder - not because I need to download more stuff to participate but because everyone's using such nice stuff and making me want it! :-) It was much harder than I expected to stick to the budget - normally my sims have really cheap houses so I thought it'd be easy but it's tricky if you actually want the home to look nice....
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:58 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 11th Oct 2012 at 2:20 PM.
It is difficult to stick to a budget, but fun to try and see how well you can do! One thing I like a lot about 3, is the interior design profession Same principal, redecorate on a budget.

*RANDOMNESS EDIT* I just clicked over to the countdown clock, and it was 2 days 15 hours, EXACTLY! No minutes or seconds...weird. Bet I couldn't do that again if I tried, lol.

*NOT SO RANDOM EDIT* I've been rethinking the roof thing...I think maybe I will allow it, but if you choose to modify the roof (other than texture) you must knock 500 out of your budget. Still cheap for roof work Just because IRL, you couldn't just slap a new roof on for free. Opinions?
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:47 PM
*NOT SO RANDOM EDIT* I've been rethinking the roof thing...I think maybe I will allow it, but if you choose to modify the roof (other than texture) you must knock 500 out of your budget. Still cheap for roof work Just because IRL, you couldn't just slap a new roof on for free. Opinions?

I don't mind it, but it makes me wonder;
Would going from a sloped to flat roof be allowed and if so, if it costs less than 500 do you still count it as 500 out of your budget? 411
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#158 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:53 PM
Good question! If you are removing a "traditional roof" and replacing it with a flat one, you would not have to adjust the budget, as you the floor tiles would cost you.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#159 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 3:44 PM
Good question! If you are removing a "traditional roof" and replacing it with a flat one, you would not have to adjust the budget, as you the floor tiles would cost you.
So demo is free? I think I liked it better with either not editing the roof at all, or $500 minimum. If we change how the gables look that will cost us in paint at least, and then that starts getting into your 'no changing the structure' rule. Though, a lot of maxis roofs really are terrible.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#160 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 3:54 PM
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:53 PM
Ok, we'll stick with not changing the roof other than texture.
Instructor
#162 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 4:53 PM
I'm used to making really plain houses and filling them up over time. Maybe instead of changing the actual roof we could use the angle tool to either take it up or down a notch? Some of the Maxis houses have roofs that are extremely high, and they make no sense to me.

I put my Pleasantview back in last night, and decided to use the house I decorated for the Brokes. I always hated their trailer.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 6:35 PM
I think we should go forward with the rules as they were first laid out. No changing anything that was not allowed in the beginning. Just my opinion, but I think it will cut down on confusion, at least with me.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#164 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 6:43 PM Last edited by karen lorraine : 11th Oct 2012 at 8:25 PM.
Here's my entry. I hope you like it. And as other's have said before it was really difficult to keep to the 35000 budget.

There was no mention of stairs so I've utilised the tower.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#165 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 6:51 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 11th Oct 2012 at 8:06 PM.
Welcome, karen laorraine! If you could put your pics in-line as well that would be great Stairs....wasn't addressed, so fine for your application, but for future rounds I'm ruling: no added stairs. Existing stairs may be swapped out like the doors and windows, but no new ones. But very creative thinking since I hadn't ruled either way

Official Roof Decision Keeping it the way it was originally. No structural changes, just texture.

ONLY TWO SPOTS LEFT!!
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:42 PM
I don't know how to enter the contest please help!!!!!!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godspeed
I don't know how to enter the contest please help!!!!!!

The first post tells you what to do. Redecorate the lot at 95 Woodland Dr in Pleasantview (there is a download in the first post too, if you don't have the original lot). Take the required pics (in the first post) and post them here.
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:50 PM
The first post tells you what to do. Redecorate the lot at 95 Woodland Dr in Pleasantview (there is a download in the first post too, if you don't have the original lot). Take the required pics (in the first post) and post them here.

They may find the tut you wrote to help me with photo's helpful. As in how to get them in a straight line and so on. Also, the links for no red pause lines and everything that I, and others found helpful. Just thought I would suggest.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:52 PM
thanx but how to post the images here
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 7:59 PM
Click the "Go Advanced" button in the reply box, then use the upload pictures option (towards the bottom). Here are instructions for then adding the pics in with the test of your post. Also here is a link to a mod that will get rid of pause lines and in the first post there is a link to MTS screenshot guidelines with all sorts of useful picture taking tips and info.
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by godspeed
thanx but how to post the images here

At the very top of page 4 on this thread, you will find a great tut that Jones wrote to help me. Click on page 4 and try and see if that helps you. It did help me and I'm so new at this the paint's still wet! lol

Edit: jones7659, I was posting this at the same time you were. lol I am so glad you added all the links to help them out. They sure helped me. I can't thank you enough.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#172 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:09 PM
That's what I'm here for, Lucia That was my first "tutorial" lol. Glad it was actually helpful. I searched for one and could find one so figured, eh...what the heck I'll try to make one
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:11 PM
That's what I'm here for, Lucia That was my first "tutorial" lol. Glad it was actually helpful. I searched for one and could find one so figured, eh...what the heck I'll try to make one

You did a fantastic job! I understand Paint Shop Pro and Blade Pro and so on, but not how to do Sims 2 pictures and MTS threads and pics and so on. Your tut really helped me and I hope it helps everyone else too! I am certain it will as it is user friendly and so easy to understand.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#174 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:20 PM
karenlorraine, very clever with adding the second level. I had done that in my original version of this house, but decided to use my funds elsewhere for this challenge. WCIF you dining room wall sticker art and the glass spiral stairs?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#175 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:32 PM
Quote:
karenlorraine, very clever with adding the second level. I had done that in my original version of this house, but decided to use my funds elsewhere for this challenge. WCIF you dining room wall sticker art and the glass spiral stairs?

Thanks Felt a bit cheeky but there was no mention of stairs not being allowed

The glass stairs are EAmaxis ones. The wall stickers are by Jope http://www.simplystyling.de/homesims2.html

Karen

Page 7 of 45