Replies: 11221 (Who?), Viewed: 464170 times.
Page 440 of 449
Field Researcher
#10976 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 11:31 AM
I've spent several months away from The Sims--long enough that my browser removed this site from its history--but I'm thinking about returning soon. 2021 has just been a really busy year for me. Sims are so wholesome, even the mean ones.
Scholar
#10977 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 12:21 PM
I need earplugs when someone dies at a party. The old ladies win the screaming contest!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#10978 Old 28th Oct 2021 at 11:16 PM
Atlantis. or house boats.
Mad Poster
#10979 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 12:47 AM
Both. Both is good.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10980 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 12:38 AM
I really am an idiot.

(Andrew says, "I've been telling you that for years.")

I am currently adding captions to the in-game pictures of the Cornton family. The trouble is that I played them in May, and now, at the end of October, I am looking at a handful of pictures and trying to remember what they were and what they meant. Now the biggest thing that happened in the Cornton family in May is that Tom and Audrey got married. But I haven't got an actual picture of the ceremony. The nearest I have is one of Audrey sitting round the kitchen table with Tom's teenage boys David and Gordon, and a visiting townie boy. Audrey, David and Gordon are wearing the clothes they bought for the wedding, and they're all drinking a toast. Tom isn't there, but I'm pretty sure they had married by this time, and Tom was probably eating somewhere else in the house or garden. You might have thought he'd stick with Audrey on their wedding day, but they have been living together for over seven years, so I suppose the initial infatuation has long since worn off. . . .

. . . . The trouble is that five months after playing this household, I can't remember what happened, so I'm having to work it out from the pictures. It would be so much easier if I captioned the pictures when I was playing the family, or the next day at the latest. Doing it months later is a real chore. I'd much rather be playing. But my 'hoods are big and my rotations are long, so I rely on the Storytelling notes to remind me what was happening when I next get round to playing that family. Oh, why am I so stupid?

"'Cause you don't listen to me," says Andrew (with his 10 Logic Points).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#10981 Old 31st Oct 2021 at 11:28 PM
Once in a while, when generating sims in CAS, Once in a blue moon, a very rare occurrence happens when the game generates a very beautiful sim and it's a keeper since the game generates below average looking townie-like sims that are disappointing to look at. it's extremely rare to have the game generate beautiful sims and I always keep those when the chance comes.
Mad Poster
#10982 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 12:12 AM
I tend to rather enjoy creating my own townies in fact. I'd say I have more fun with them than I do the actual families that can be played.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#10983 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote:
Once in a while, when generating sims in CAS, Once in a blue moon, a very rare occurrence happens when the game generates a very beautiful sim and it's a keeper since the game generates below average looking townie-like sims that are disappointing to look at. it's extremely rare to have the game generate beautiful sims and I always keep those when the chance comes.

I think it has to do with the number of imported sims/skins you may have in your downloads-because I've created some real beauties, and the townies aren't too bad looking either. But if you do have one that comes up less than desirable you can always do Sim Surgery via SimPE so they're better looking.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Forum Resident
#10984 Old 1st Nov 2021 at 10:10 PM
That's just reminded me of the one and only Garden Club member that generated in one of my new custom hoods while I was preparing some playables. He's pink because of a custom skin I have that seems to behave weirdly. It's one of those skins where if any sim gets pregnant by a sim with the S4 skin tone, they'll sometimes come out with bright green, blue, or pink skin, which is why I've now taken to saving one sim hour before a sim goes into labour. I know it's to do with the skin tone range (I think), but yeah, it happens.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Forum Resident
#10985 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 5:31 AM
Friends, best friends, and best friends forever... but only enemy? Surprised TS2 doesn't have worst enemies, or arch enemy, or something.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Scholar
#10986 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 7:19 AM
TS2 on PS2 does.

Inventor
#10987 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 10:08 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 3rd Nov 2021 at 11:09 AM.
I am so tired!
the constant crashing, despite having the 4 gb patched successfully, cutting back the hood deco and deleting the cache files repeatedly.
90% of the time it doesn't crash I get the sea of purple, 10% the actual view.
really making my blood boil even though I know it's at least partially because I stick way too much in the game.
least my other lesser hoods load, but I might just start Rematra over again for the 7th time, ultimately for this to happen again because I really don't do small. only myself to blame I suppose.

edit #1: Game is still bathing in purple, but so far today it isn't crashing... I give it five mins.
edit #2: lasted ten minutes longer than I expected. haha not even mad!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#10988 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 2:50 PM
Today I met a woman called Eldina, and she goes by "Dina"
The name is, according to her, of Arabian origins.
Now considering that the Caliente Sisters are of Arabian descent on their mother's side...could it be that Dina's full name is "Eldina Caliente"?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#10989 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 10:32 PM
It would probably be a dad or grandpa on her dad's side in modern times as my Pleasantview Epic Challenge would have only their ancestors from the 17th century colonization of the town with one side being the Picaso family and the other being the Caliente couple.It would be that Arabian family got in with it being a young man marrying into the family wh'd come as a WW2 refugee fleeing the war.
Scholar
#10990 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 9:05 PM
When you want to play a specific family but to play requires you to first furnish a lot... Boring! Anyone wanna do that for me?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10991 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 10:17 PM
I feel exactly the same. Worse still, quite often I have to build a house for them. More often than not, I'll look to see if there's a Maxis house in the bin that I can modify and personalise a bit for their use. Then I'll furnish it as quickly and cheaply as possible (very few of my Sims are wealthy), move them in, and get on with the serious business of playing.

I find it hard to understand that there are actually Simmers who would rather build than play. For me, building, decorating and furnishing are basically chores.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#10992 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 11:17 PM
100 %! But that what's great about the sims community, people making stuff (for themselves but also) for the enjoyment of people who don't enjoy making them themselves. There's always someone. I enjoy gameplay, making sims and recolors. I usually download my lots and I pretty much always find what I'm looking for. But I also pretty much always have to refurnish them and that's the tedious bit. But at least it's not from scratch.

Top Secret Researcher
#10993 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 11:46 PM
I feel the same about building. I'm trying to not be as lazy about it as I usually am, but still. If I need to build something for my sims, i'll build it, but i'll grumble about it and be like "but I just wanna play!"

My Simblr
They/He
Field Researcher
#10994 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 2:45 AM
Funny thing about that is, even though I don't enjoy building houses in The Sims...

I mostly enjoy playing the wrestling games for create-an-arena mode.

But sometimes the premade houses are just too small or the layout is too weird and inefficient to get used to, so I have to build my own house or do some edits.
#10995 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:50 AM
I either play houses I didn't build, or build houses I won't play.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Instructor
#10996 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 5:57 AM
When you have been playing sims 2 for almost a decade and you think that no more mods can be made. A big mod you come across takes your gameplay to a whole new level and re-energizes the sims 2 passion and will keep playing for a decade more.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#10997 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
When you want to play a specific family but to play requires you to first furnish a lot... Boring! Anyone wanna do that for me?

I'm the other way around- I like building more than playing!

But it's worlds I like to build rather than just individual houses, I have loads of them in progress. Not sure anyone's ever going to use them...

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#10998 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 6:06 PM
I refuse to play as is the Maxis houses. They're almost unfit to use, without extensive modification. The routing alone is enough to drive a builder crazy, and I've rebuilt my share of them. I don't know if the developers were stoned when they made them or watching some damn TV home building show because they really are horrible..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals, here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file)
Instructor
#10999 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I refuse to play as is the Maxis houses. They're almost unfit to use, without extensive modification. The routing alone is enough to drive a builder crazy, and I've rebuilt my share of them. I don't know if the developers were stoned when they made them or watching some damn TV home building show because they really are horrible..

That's why I build my own houses and I always take into account how easy objects are to get to without blocking the way so sims don't route fail. Placing furniture is always fun because some of those can be rather large.
Mad Poster
#11000 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
I'm the other way around- I like building more than playing!

But it's worlds I like to build rather than just individual houses, I have loads of them in progress. Not sure anyone's ever going to use them...

Surprising absolutely no one, this is exactly my approach too! Especially the whole "liking to build worlds even more than just buildings" side of things- they fit together nicely with things like my university project and the Cascadia city that I'm gradually building with slightly tweaked versions of most of my modern creations, but I struggle with it when it comes to my medieval world! Sure, I can tell mini stories about Stormwall and Westfall and the Iron Circle when I upload something from there, but how can I share all the backstory!? How will I ever teach you the history of the Iron Circle's militant expansionism of the last century, or the supernatural forest's impact on transcontinental trade routes?

...wanders off wondering if I should write a fake history textbook...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 440 of 449