Replies: 11202 (Who?), Viewed: 463449 times.
Page 441 of 449
Field Researcher
#11001 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 9:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I refuse to play as is the Maxis houses. They're almost unfit to use, without extensive modification. The routing alone is enough to drive a builder crazy, and I've rebuilt my share of them. I don't know if the developers were stoned when they made them or watching some damn TV home building show because they really are horrible..

Yeah, it's really puzzling design. I can barely fit a bed in the bedroom, but I need a bunch of closet-sized bathrooms?

And then I still have the Seasons problem where I can't sleep upstairs without overheating!
Field Researcher
#11002 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 1:17 AM
OMG don't tell me my computer crashed and I lost everything. (After removing tons of dust, everything works perfectly)
Scholar
#11003 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 12:08 PM
I feel like I want a mod that adds a 0 to all prices everywhere. Everything in the buy/build catalogs and bills. Basically makes everything 10 times more expensive, would probably feel more balanced as you actually have to struggle to afford things. But it seems like no such mod exists, and probably never will since I don't think you can edit all prices.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Alchemist
#11004 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 12:55 PM
The game already has price fluctuations based on reputation, so I don't see why it couldn't be done.
Field Researcher
#11005 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 10:43 PM
I always liked that feeling of starting at a level 1 job and gradually being able to upgrade the TV, bed, etc. to better versions and buy new stuff.
Field Researcher
#11006 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 7:56 AM
Sometimes the logic of this game is baffling. You're telling me a home cook can do lobster thermidor and baked alaska, but pizza and fried chicken are restricted to restaurants?
Mad Poster
#11007 Old 11th Nov 2021 at 1:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
I feel like I want a mod that adds a 0 to all prices everywhere. Everything in the buy/build catalogs and bills. Basically makes everything 10 times more expensive, would probably feel more balanced as you actually have to struggle to afford things. But it seems like no such mod exists, and probably never will since I don't think you can edit all prices.

You can change prices in SimPE for items you think should be reduced in cost. It'd be pretty tedious, though to do it for everything.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Field Researcher
#11008 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli

There are mods that increase the bills to each household. If you feel like your Sims are getting too rich too quick, this is an excellent and easy way to keep them from getting too much wealth too quickly.

I used to have that problem until I got into really detailed decorating the houses. Now every penny helps my sims live their best lives.
Inventor
#11009 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 10:15 AM
well, I've cut down every map considerably. Rematra will be an actual village this time, although I will add every Maxis and Maxis recreation as sub hoods. Hoping now I no longer get permanent purple flashing
Alchemist
#11010 Old 12th Nov 2021 at 1:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
You can change prices in SimPE for items you think should be reduced in cost. It'd be pretty tedious, though to do it for everything.
You should be able to change everything in one fell swoop. Like I mentioned earlier, the game already has a mechanism to raise and lower prices of everything in build/buy. The award/penalty system introduced in AL. Just making a mod that makes it effect everyone shouldn't be too difficult.
Theorist
#11011 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 12:03 AM
I've been using the ROS for years. I've never get the flu scenario.
I rolled it for my current round and I'm not sure I want to play it out.
Field Researcher
#11012 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 3:45 AM
Playing on a different computer from your regular one where you have all your CC -> knowing exactly what piece of clothing you need but don't have -> search the internet for it. Like a needle in a haystack.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#11013 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 10:57 AM
Now that the modding fix for killing townies has been released, I'm wondering how many I want to dispose of, and if the cowplant would be acceptable in the medieval ages. I have no idea if it was available then.

My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Lab Assistant
#11014 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 5:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
I find it hard to understand that there are actually Simmers who would rather build than play. For me, building, decorating and furnishing are basically chores.

I really lucked out because I hate building and my sister hates playing, but she loves building and decorating houses! I just turn it over to her and bam! New neighbourhood in no time.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11015 Old 13th Nov 2021 at 6:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkdynamite
I really lucked out because I hate building and my sister hates playing, but she loves building and decorating houses! I just turn it over to her and bam! New neighbourhood in no time.

This is like me and my daughter, I used to build her hoods, she used to play them!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Field Researcher
#11016 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 12:16 AM
The Sims 1, especially the base game, felt so isolated. Like your neighbors were the only other inhabitants in the world, and sometimes it was difficult to force a meeting. You couldn't talk to the mailman etc., so getting those 10-15 family friends for high level jobs was a real chore, and honestly, I don't remember getting past job level 4 or 5, ever. That's why Hot Date was such a big deal. It had Downtown and you could talk to your neighbors there too.

This brings me to one of my favorite things about The Sims 2. The world feels more populated. You can make friends--or even spouses--with just about anyone. Even the burglar! It's still a pain to force a meeting of two neighbors sometimes, but you have more options.
Mad Poster
#11017 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
The Sims 1, especially the base game, felt so isolated. Like your neighbors were the only other inhabitants in the world, and sometimes it was difficult to force a meeting. You couldn't talk to the mailman etc., so getting those 10-15 family friends for high level jobs was a real chore, and honestly, I don't remember getting past job level 4 or 5, ever. That's why Hot Date was such a big deal. It had Downtown and you could talk to your neighbors there too.

This brings me to one of my favorite things about The Sims 2. The world feels more populated. You can make friends--or even spouses--with just about anyone. Even the burglar! It's still a pain to force a meeting of two neighbors sometimes, but you have more options.

It's not that hard to meet neighbors that walk by-I have a old hack from Christianlov that stops walkbys from moving on, and the homeowner can engage them in conversation, feed them and have a good time with them. The mod also makes them leave if they overstay their visit.

Someone in the forum has a compilation of his mods which include this one-"Visitor Manager". I find it very useful to keep people in touch with one another.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11018 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 3:51 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Nov 2021 at 4:09 PM. Reason: silly typo!
Default Naught for my Comfort!
A few days ago I developed a cough, which might be a mild cold, but might be Covid19. Now I have had two Covid19 vaccinations, plus a booster last month, so I should be fairly safe, but there's no certainty with this thing, and it got me to meditating on my death, as Roman Catholics used to be urged to do. Anyway, a couple of nights ago I was coughing so much that I couldn't sleep, and I was afraid the noise of me coughing would keep my mother awake too. So I came onto the forum to see what was going on. The forum was quiet -- deathly quiet I might say! The main thing that seemed to be going on, was Sim sample wanting more death, and kestrellynn granting that with a new mod to make it easier for a cowplant to eat your playable Sims when they're visiting their friends and neighbours. With me seriously considering the possibility that my first and final meeting with the Grim Reaper might only be days away, that was really not what I wanted to hear! (Actually I'd never need kestrellynn's mod, as my highest EP is OFB, which means that a cowplant could eat my non-controllable playables anyway. But that will never happen, because I won't ever allow the evil thing on my lots!!)

Anyway, if you're wondering where this is going, thinking about my own, possibly imminent, death, got me to thinking about what would happen to my Sims after my death. As things stand they would simply disappear from the world. None of my Real Life family and friends even know that I play The Sims, and, apart from a couple of Sims who were never even in my actual game, I've never shared any. But my Sims are important to me. Most of the Sims I play are younger than me -- many of them much younger. So I really feel that they ought to survive me. I should predecease them. Maybe I do almost think of my Sims as my children.

So what I'm thinking of is privately sharing at least some of my Sims with a small group of some of my closest friends on MTS. Andrew and Julian, at the very least, just have to outlive me. They're just starting out on their life together, and they have so much potential. And I think their families and friends should persist too. I know @Charity once said there was something missing in Veronaville because my Sims weren't there; she had read so much about them that she really expected them to be there.

And, @simsample , despite what you said about wanting "MOAR Death", I still count you as one of my best friends here -- I'm sure you wouldn't let a cowplant eat Andrew!

I suppose I could just share them generally, but I'd worry about how some people would treat them. The thought that somebody might be torturing Andrew, when I'm dead and no longer around to protect him, is really more than I can bear.

By the way, I'm not planning on dying. I've sent away a sample for PCR testing today, so I hope to hear that I'm clear in the next day or two. But I am now past my "allotted span" of threescore and ten, and might therefore be said to be living in "borrowed time". So I think it makes some sense to think about what provision I can make for my Sims, should the Grim Reaper call me to my long home.

Any thoughts?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11019 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 4:23 PM
I am pretty sure that, if there's such a thing as Heaven, you'll die and wake up in your Veronaville. So that's one thing.

On the general subject of sharing sims, if you're going to do that you need to make up your mind to the fact that not only will other people play them differently from you, but that they will play differently for other people. Just the fact that the person you shared with has a different set of EPs than you do will guarantee that; add in things like playstyle and mod configuration and the differences can get pretty wild. This is why, when I cloned some Drama Acres sims to be dormies at LGU, I did not clone my "core sims," my very favorite set of six sims who started everything there. It's fine with me if someone else's play makes my highly gentlemanly Luis Iana into a selfish, patriarchal douchebag, or the Grouchiest Sim in Drama Acres, Esteban Casa, as Edward Chert from LGU, never makes a single enemy. That's great, in fact - it means something I made is a part of somebody else's creative gameplay and I love that. But I wouldn't have loved it if similar transformations had befallen Ernest and Sage Ann! At the same time, I did share some of my Drama Acres favorites with the much-missed Aegagropilon, who in return shared some of her Strangetown OCs and born-in-games with me, and it was loads of fun swapping pictures with her as both sets of sims developed very differently from their original incarnations in their new and very different settings. (For one thing I made her OC Frieda, who married Nervous Subject, into the little sister of her own offspring, which has got to change a character dynamic.) We each knew what kind of player the other was, and what kind of environment we were sending our beloved characters to share, and we knew going in that this would be fun for everybody.

I think that pleasure in knowing that you're giving them alternate lives and the ability to let go of them is the answer to the question, Should you do it? If the idea of Charity and simsample doing things with Andrew and Gloria and Julien that you would never have thought of, never allowed, or simply couldn't do fills you with anxiety rather than excitement, don't do it. It's not enough for you to trust that they wouldn't hurt them. You need to face the fact that their clones will be gone beyond your control and be free to develop in ways you might or might not care for, in a new environment, and embrace that, not just resign yourself to it. Otherwise - it's not worth it.

When you eventually die, which I trust will not be soon, not be before you're ready for it, your sims will still be just as alive as they are right now, when you're not playing them. Just as alive as the sims of Drama Acres still are. We will remember them as we will remember you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#11020 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 4:29 PM
First, I hope that it's not covid and that you'll be fine. The idea of letting your legacy live on through your beloved Sims is a nice one, and I think it would be best to give them to a few trusted players. The whole subject made me think about the deaths of members here and online in general. We've had active posters disappear, and there's no way of knowing what happened, and all you can do is hope that they're busy with life or chose to leave the community
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
14th Nov 2021 at 4:53 PM
This message has been deleted by HugeLunatic.
Mad Poster
#11021 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverwinter_Knight77

===
===================
In my game I use a mod that stops the requirement for friends, and sometimes use the gnome that lets a Sim "know" anyone in the hood!

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#11022 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 5:42 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 14th Nov 2021 at 7:41 PM.
I used to wake up eager to see what my Sims had been up to during the night. There are not so real to me now, I often delete an entire hood. Am about to start 2 new populated hoods, and I already have 8 going.

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
14th Nov 2021 at 5:56 PM
#11023 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 7:11 PM
Maybe Tara Kat could run the cat cafe...it seems like her style...the question would be how to make it a functional business within the game...

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
14th Nov 2021 at 7:49 PM
Theorist
#11024 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 8:07 PM
@AndrewGloria Thank you for reminding me that the world is completely insane, filled with drama and I'm growing tired of it.
I get back to the game to get some peace of mind.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#11025 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 9:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
And, @simsample , despite what you said about wanting "MOAR Death", I still count you as one of my best friends here -- I'm sure you wouldn't let a cowplant eat Andrew!

Aww, that is so sweet! I regard you as one of my dearest friends on here too, @AndrewGloria and you are certainly one of the most thoughtful! I would definitely not let anything happen to Andrew, in fact I'd build him a nice little cottage on the edge of town where he could live with Julian and turn up on community lots whenever he liked. I have aging on in my hood but you can turn it off on a lot by lot basis, so he could be an eternal teen.
But what we really need is something like Lt Barclay came up with in Star Trek:TNG 'Ship In A Bottle', where they put a holodeck character (Moriarty) into an ever-running program where he could explore the universe to his heart's content. Without ever realising that he was still just a program.
https://youtu.be/0rQ6NF8Sfqg?t=56
If we had one of those, we could put the whole of Andrew's Veronaville into it!
But I'm sure we are not going to need it for a very long time, Andrew- even if it does turn out that you have the virus, you know that by being vaccinated you have vastly reduce your chances of being badly affected by it. So you will be around for a whole lot longer to visit Veronaville! I hope you feel much better very soon, all of the sims in Lacuna Delta send their biggest (not superduper) hugs to you and your sims!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Page 441 of 449