Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11026 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 10:22 AM
@AndrewGloria I hope you are feeling better and don't have Covid. I hope when people stop coming it's for other reasons such as they stopped playing sims and are playing Dragon Age or doing something else enjoyable.

@wickedjr89 So sorry to hear about your husband.

I had horrible stomach flu a few weeks back, ended up in hospital. It set off one of my underlying conditions which had been under control. I am doing a lot better now, just have to be careful with my diet.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11027 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 10:52 AM
Boy, don't I hate trolls, because they think they're being funny when they're just plain old irritating and acting childishly. Immaturity seems to be their guiding personal trait. "I wanna be edgy and obnoxious!"
You're just being an idiot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#11028 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 12:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Two others who disappeared suddenly in recent years are music2ologist and gazania. I think music2ologist was in her eighties, and gazania had health issues. I miss Bulbizarre too. I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to send them PMs.

I'm trying to persuade BlueAlien to come back too (though I'm pretty sure she's still alive) -- I don't like losing regulars from the forum.

Thanks for all your words of encouragement. I'll let you know the result of my test.

I know.
The hard thing hear is, that when somebody vanishes into thin air, one has no proof of anything, and can only make our own deductions - and one really wants to just be sure.
I believe Gazania has left us - indeed health issues, but she did tell me via PM that she was seriously ill, and that building an playing helped her a lot mentally in handling it. I would be the happiest person on earth if I am wrong.
As for music2ologist - I miss her too, and she always had these interesting sims, like Charles Dickens writing his new best seller.

At times, I don't post for a while because RL is hectic - but there certainly is a difference between that and vanishing completely

As for the others on here: the funny one on my previous post also seems out of place, doesn't it? Probably somebody with nothing better to do and no life to live, so do not take it seriously. I am a widow myself I understand the reaction to the likes so well, having heard many stupid remarks during my life from many, and it is exhausting, because one really has enough other things to handle.

@joandsarah77 - good to hear you are at home, hoping for a full recovery for you.
Alchemist
#11029 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 1:36 PM
I saw a post saying that Bulbizarre was on one of the discords. I don't know if that's true, or if it was true at one time and now they're off the radar. I think about Chris Hatch, who was always in the Creator section or in Help, ready to lend his expertise, until he wasn't.

WickedJr89, I'm sorry about your husband. I remember when you returned, and I wish it was under better circumstances. Joandsarah, I'm glad you're doing better.
Mad Poster
#11030 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 4:05 PM
What happened to Chris Hatch? I wasn't aware he isn't here anymore, but I did check his profile, and the last time he was here was back in February.
I hope it wasn't the worst case scenario, but you never know how old people are and what their actual health is in real life.

I think it's because we all feel timeless and ageless on this forum, and we like to think everyone is the same age-about 25 and immortal. Alas, though, we are not.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Forum Resident
#11031 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 4:19 PM
I've wondered about Chris Hatch, too. He was really helpful and seemed to be a frequent visitor, but he just disappeared randomly. I hope he's alright. In fact, I hope everyone is okay after reading above comments.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#11032 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 4:28 PM
@Charity, @omglo and @Justpetro Thank you. I shouldn't have fed the troll. Wish i'd thought of maybe it was a mishit. Like you said petro, one really has enough other things to handle.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11033 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 5:19 PM
My good news: My mother and I got our test results back and we're both negative. We haven't got Covid! So hopefully my meeting with the Grim Reaper will be postponed for a few years yet!

Quote: Originally posted by FranH
As for death thoughts-after being equally double vaccinated and boostered, I decided to take the last step an adult takes in their lifetime-I've had a lawyer draw up my will, living will, and medical documentation as to how and when I want to go to the happy Sims palace in the sky.
It's probably the most adult thing any adult ever does-because it makes you finally grow accustomed to the fact that one day you won't be here, and it won't matter what happens when it does. The best you can do is write it down and hope it goes the way you want.
But I'm not planning on dying very soon, either-heck, I haven't even retired yet, and just went through all kinds of tests to rule out that I might have cancer (having been a smoker for 40+ years) and so far I've been found to be good, amazingly enough.
But my first thought was to make provision for my Sims!! Shows where my priorities lie! Maybe also says something about how mature I am. In my defence I can only say that, apart from my 92-year-old mother, I haven't got any real life dependants.

I'll post again soon!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#11034 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I think it's because we all feel timeless and ageless on this forum, and we like to think everyone is the same age-about 25 and immortal. Alas, though, we are not.

It's the thing about online interaction, while we know every one of us has their real life to live and all it brings, we think the people we see here posting day in and day out are timeless, stuck in specific instance, almost like Gallifreyan art. And when we realise we haven't read anything from them in a while, that's when we snap back to reality and remember they're not. Though I do hope everything turns out for the best and they're just taking a break, like jo said, to play Dragon Age or something else. I know I take these breaks from the Sims all the time.

@wickedjr89 so sorry to hear that.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11035 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 7:52 PM
Guys, don't feed the trolls! It only gives them courage to click more buttons!

It's great to see members actually caring about each other's well being, humanity is not a total loss yet! But, could we please try to stay on topic? I really hate making swiss cheese out of threads.
Scholar
#11036 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 8:16 PM
finding that for some reason Downtown has been corrupted, red flashing in which ever hood I load it into. must be the tricous.
Mad Poster
#11037 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 3:47 AM
Maybe the most recent slew of posts (with their decidedly serious undertones) aren't the best example to point this out from, but I love seeing people so invested in their game, even if I myself have never been that connected to my Sims (or honestly probably even my buildings)...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#11038 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:04 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 16th Nov 2021 at 11:24 AM.
I realized that the plumbots have animations related to temperature/ambient ... that drives me a little crazy They are robots!
Scholar
#11039 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:20 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 16th Nov 2021 at 5:08 AM.
who can also become zombie werewolf vampires... okay, who programmed those responses to being bit?!
Forum Resident
#11040 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:29 AM
Sims2Christain Yes, although it has always seemed like a kind of gift to hybrid fans to me, when I was little I loved trying those things.
Mad Poster
#11041 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:31 AM
I know I wanted to populate Arundel with more people, but good lord, women! You're all a passel of baby birthing machine!

Mad Poster
#11042 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 5:19 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 16th Nov 2021 at 11:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Guys, don't feed the trolls! It only gives them courage to click more buttons!

It's great to see members actually caring about each other's well being, humanity is not a total loss yet! But, could we please try to stay on topic? I really hate making swiss cheese out of threads.

I'm not sure how you stay on topic in a thread literally called random thoughts. XD
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#11043 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 11:26 AM
Alchemist
#11044 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I realized that the plumbots have animations related to temperature/ambient ... that drives me a little crazy They are robots!

My laptop gets a little crazy when it's too hot, so I feel like it makes a certain kind of sense
Forum Resident
#11045 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 16th Nov 2021 at 4:18 PM.
I hadn't thought of it that way! although rather I was referring to breathe.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11046 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I'm not sure how you stay on topic in a thread literally called random thoughts. XD
When I started this thread, my idea was that it would be almost impossible to go off topic, as long as your posts retained some vague connection to The Sims 2. Since The Sims 2 is a life simulation game, I think it's inevitable that people will draw parallels between things that happen in real life, and things that happen in our games. The present conversation started with me considering what was happening to me in real life (being ill) and thinking of the possible consequences of that real life event for my Sims. I honestly don't think any of us has gone off-topic -- not significantly so anyway.

Surely there can't be any objection to us occasionally expressing concern, and sympathy, for each other?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#11047 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 2:31 PM
Well we're Sims 2 players, so it's Sims 2 related!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#11048 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
W
Surely there can't be any objection to us occasionally expressing concern, and sympathy, for each other?

Not at all, it happens more than occasionally even. But many users expect that a random thoughts thread in sims 2, would be random thought about the game and not real life issues. Just trying to follow through for some users who dislike real life creeping into game stuff. And covid is a rather hot topic, much like politics or religion.
Forum Resident
#11049 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 5:04 PM
I'm just going to say that learning how to read the "Show Plague Info" on the FFS Lot Debugger has been a life changer as far as looking after poorly sims goes. I can now tell how long they could potentially be ill for and how long of a window I have to save them. It's brilliant! I can't believe I over-looked this for so long

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#11050 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 9:19 PM
So IS THERE a thread that is not Sim related, but IS about US?! We care about each other, and the Real Life issues we deal with. I'm old, I've lived a lot, and even if I can't be of much help, I can sympathize. And sometimes that's all I wanted when I've dealt with an issue (death of husband a year ago). I've tried to leave this site on more than one occasion from being mad at someone, or disgusted at some idiot...but I always come back. And it's not like I don't have a life, friends, etc. But all ya'll Simmers are Special. And I even gave my daughter directions to go here to tell people if I died...than thought ...meh, who cares.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 442 of 515