Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#176 Old 12th Jun 2020 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RMortis
So I downloaded the newest update of this, but when I open it up I get an error message
"Problem checking for update - will try again later
The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel."
Does anyone know why?

The auto-update isn't working and so far I haven't been able to get rid of it. Just ignore the message.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 9:06 AM
I downloaded it and then scanned it with VirusTotal. A couple engines are claiming it is a trojan...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#178 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anonbear11
I downloaded it and then scanned it with VirusTotal. A couple engines are claiming it is a trojan...

False positives. Happens a lot with software that's new or not widely used.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#179 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anonbear11

I have the same problem. I have Kaspersky Internet Security
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 8:39 AM
@CmarNYC

Hey, I think the snowy escape patch changed the roof trim resource (CRTR 0xB0311D0F), it's giving me an end of stream error, I was wondering if you could update it? Sims 4 studio has the same problem

here's the full error
Test Subject
#181 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 10:05 AM
Any chance for an update to be able to view and edit the new LRLE Image format? That would definitely be handy, thanks.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#182 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BushyGamer
Any chance for an update to be able to view and edit the new LRLE Image format? That would definitely be handy, thanks.

Yeah, I intend to get to it (along with the roof trim and other broken resources) but s4pe needs a lot of work so it's going to take some time.

Lab Assistant
#183 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yeah, I intend to get to it (along with the roof trim and other broken resources) but s4pe needs a lot of work so it's going to take some time.

I'm looking forward to the update too, thank you Cmar.
Test Subject
#184 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 2:21 PM
Hi. I'm adding new colors for all the in-game hairs and would like to use the same texture for both original hair and the version for the opposite frame (to save the space). It would take too long to do it manually so I downloaded s4pe solution and added a project which takes pairs of packages and copies diffuse map's id from one to another. However in the game the hair is missing (there's a swatch but no mesh or texture). I also checked if it would work when replacing it manually (select casp, open grid, find diffuse map's tgi in TGIList and change its instance) but the result is the same. It's also strange that the result packages can't be opened with S4S and the game but s4pe opens them and displays the new tgi.What could be the problem, do I need to change something else besides tgi?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#185 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 5:47 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 3rd Mar 2021 at 6:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by laelelae
Hi. I'm adding new colors for all the in-game hairs and would like to use the same texture for both original hair and the version for the opposite frame (to save the space). It would take too long to do it manually so I downloaded s4pe solution and added a project which takes pairs of packages and copies diffuse map's id from one to another. However in the game the hair is missing (there's a swatch but no mesh or texture). I also checked if it would work when replacing it manually (select casp, open grid, find diffuse map's tgi in TGIList and change its instance) but the result is the same. It's also strange that the result packages can't be opened with S4S and the game but s4pe opens them and displays the new tgi.What could be the problem, do I need to change something else besides tgi?

From your description that should work, and I tried it manually and it worked fine. I'd have to see a package you've modified along with the package with the textures to get an idea of what's wrong.

Edit: Possibly the CASPs you're modifying are the new version which the release of s4pe doesn't understand yet, possibly resulting in a corrupted CASP. If that's the problem, I can give you an updated version of the CASP component to try.

Test Subject
#186 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 7:18 PM
Here are the packages: the first one is generated in sims 4 studio and adds swatches to a basegame hair, textures deleted; the second one is the same package but with tgi changed in sim4pe for the first resource; the third one is the package with swatches for the original hair, textures included (RLE 2).

The problem with CASP version seems plausible. I've noticed that the modified CASP's size is decreased which doesn't seem right. So I'd like to try the updated component, yeah.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  packages.zip (7.01 MB, 10 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#187 Old 3rd Mar 2021 at 10:32 PM
Here are the packages: the first one is generated in sims 4 studio and adds swatches to a basegame hair, textures deleted; the second one is the same package but with tgi changed in sim4pe for the first resource; the third one is the package with swatches for the original hair, textures included (RLE 2).

The problem with CASP version seems plausible. I've noticed that the modified CASP's size is decreased which doesn't seem right. So I'd like to try the updated component, yeah.

I'm not sure that's a version problem, but whatever. Also I can't test the female package because the meshes are missing. I've attached a new version of the CASP resource handler which supports the newer versions of CASP and TONE. I did some last minute stuff to make the slider settings easier to work with (latest CASP version only) and did only brief testing so please let me know if I messed up! I did test with your male package by changing the diffuse link for one CASP and it worked fine.

MTS apparently won't let me upload dlls, so here's a link to the files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12T...iew?usp=sharing

Test Subject
#188 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 2:55 PM
I'm not sure that's a version problem, but whatever. Also I can't test the female package because the meshes are missing. I've attached a new version of the CASP resource handler which supports the newer versions of CASP and TONE. I did some last minute stuff to make the slider settings easier to work with (latest CASP version only) and did only brief testing so please let me know if I messed up! I did test with your male package by changing the diffuse link for one CASP and it worked fine.

MTS apparently won't let me upload dlls, so here's a link to the files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12T...iew?usp=sharing

Didn't help ._. My code returns the same result and s4pe opens the original packages but preview and grid are unavailable (the buttons are grayed out and nothing is displayed when I select a resource). I tried to do the same with the male package but the hair was invisible in the game again :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#189 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 4:44 PM
Didn't help ._. My code returns the same result and s4pe opens the original packages but preview and grid are unavailable (the buttons are grayed out and nothing is displayed when I select a resource). I tried to do the same with the male package but the hair was invisible in the game again :/

Sorry but I don't know what would cause that, especially the CASP display being grayed out. Does the TONE work? There should at least be an error displayed if it can't find or load the resource handler. But s4pe is pretty complex and I don't really understand a lot about it, having inherited it. I'm working on a new version, maybe that'll work for you. Don't know when I'll be done, though.

I could look at your code if you'd like. Calls on the dll classes really should work.

Test Subject
#190 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 5:24 PM
Sorry but I don't know what would cause that, especially the CASP display being grayed out. Does the TONE work? There should at least be an error displayed if it can't find or load the resource handler. But s4pe is pretty complex and I don't really understand a lot about it, having inherited it. I'm working on a new version, maybe that'll work for you. Don't know when I'll be done, though.

I could look at your code if you'd like. Calls on the dll classes really should work.

Yeah, I understand. It's the same for TONE, I attached a screenshot.

The code is pretty trivial though having little experience with s4pe and the sims 4 modding in general I might have messed something up
Code:
static void Main(string[] args)
{
    var oppositeFiles = Directory.GetFiles("Opposite");
    foreach (var opposite in oppositeFiles)
    {
        var fileName = Path.GetFileName(opposite);
        var refName = fileName[1] == 'm' ? fileName.Remove(1, 1).Insert(1, "f") : fileName.Remove(1, 1).Insert(1, "m");
        if (!File.Exists($"Reference/{refName}"))
        {
            Console.WriteLine($"No reference file for {opposite}: Reference/{refName} doesn't exist");
            continue;
        }
        using (var op = Package.OpenPackage(0, $"{opposite}", true))
        {
            using (var rp = Package.OpenPackage(0, $"Reference/{refName}"))
            {
                var oppositeSwatches = op.GetResourceList.Where(rie => rie.ResourceType == 0x034AEECB).ToList();
                var referenceSwatches = rp.GetResourceList.Where(rie => rie.ResourceType == 0x034AEECB).ToList();
                for (var i = 0; i < oppositeSwatches.Count; i++)
                {
                    var opRes = (CASPartResource.CASPartResource)WrapperDealer.GetResource(0, op, oppositeSwatches[i], false);
                    var refRes = (CASPartResource.CASPartResource)WrapperDealer.GetResource(0, rp, referenceSwatches[i], false);
                    opRes.TGIList = refRes.TGIList;
                    op.ReplaceResource(oppositeSwatches[i], opRes);
                }
            }
            op.SavePackage();
        }
    }
    Console.WriteLine("Done");
    Console.ReadKey();
}

I'll keep poking around and will post if I find anything. It still bothers me that the stream's length of the original ResourceIndexEntry is greater than the length of the stream in Resource that's returned from WrapperDealer.GetResource. Might be ok, not sure
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#191 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 6:55 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th Mar 2021 at 8:02 PM.
Is that Java? While I did some work in it many years ago, I've pretty much forgotten everything.

Did you replace the CASPartResource dll and pdb in your folder? Just checking. The blank preview in s4pe may mean WrapperDealer isn't working properly so reading the CASP using it may be a problem. I've never worked directly with WrapperDealer like that so I don't know. I normally would read the CASP directly from the package like this:
CASPartResource.CASPartResource casp = new CASPartResource.CASPartResource(0, package.GetResource(iresourceindexentry)); (That's in C#)

No idea if that would actually help.

I also use package.FindAll instead of GetResourceList, but I doubt it makes any difference.

I found s4pi to be very difficult to work with until I got more familiar with it. I still often have to spend hours of frustration trying to figure out how to do something new.

Another random thought - did you unzip the dll and pdb with 7-Zip? We've had problems with using other unzippers, sometimes WrapperDealer can't find or use the wrappers.

Test Subject
#192 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 8:15 PM
Is that Java? While I did some work in it many years ago, I've pretty much forgotten everything.

That's C# :D I only pasted the method, was sure everything else's not needed. I guess 'C# is just Java for .Net' is really close to the truth

Did you replace the CASPartResource dll and pdb in your folder? Just checking. The blank preview in s4pe may mean WrapperDealer isn't working properly so reading the CASP using it may be a problem. I've never worked directly with WrapperDealer like that so I don't know. I normally would read the CASP directly from the package like this:
CASPartResource.CASPartResource casp = new CASPartResource.CASPartResource(0, package.GetResource(iresourceindexentry)); (That's in C#)

No idea if that would actually help.

I also use package.FindAll instead of GetResourceList, but I doubt it makes any difference.

I found s4pi to be very difficult to work with until I got more familiar with it. I still often have to spend hours of frustration trying to figure out how to do something new.

I placed both files into s4pe directory (replacing the ones that were there), and it's certain that s4pe is the latest release. In my project I added a reference to the files you provided instead of the ones from CASPartResource (athough I'm not 100% positive I did everything correctly, but I simply don't know what else can be needed)

Using constructor instead of WrapperDealer and FindAll instead of GetResourceList didn't help

I think the new CASPartResource isn't compatible with 0.5.5? I found out I had 0.5.4 referenced by my project, that's why it still worked even though the result was still incorrect (s4pe 0.5.4 + updated CASPartResource lets me change the tgi manually, still invisible in the game). After referencing 0.5.5 and running my code I got "System.BadImageFormatException Could not load s4pi.CASPartResource, Version=2103.3.2215.31069"

Edit: tried 7zip as well, nothing changed
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#193 Old 4th Mar 2021 at 10:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 4th Mar 2021 at 10:52 PM.
Lol, I guess I was fooled by a different programming style.

First, s4pe and the wrapper dlls are pretty much independent of each other - as far as I know any version of s4pe can call any wrapper version. They're set up that way so users can write or modify their own wrappers. Also, when using the CASPartResource wrapper directly s4pe doesn't even come into it.

That said, it's very possible that it's a mismatch in, um, bitness - calling a 64-bit dll from a 32-bit process won't work. The new CASPartResource dll is 64-bit, former versions were Any CPU and should run either way. The BadImage error suggests that might be the problem if you're running in 32-bit. If so, it's worth trying changing it to 64-bit, assuming you're on a 64-bit machine. If not, I can recompile it for any CPU or 32-bit. I've never run into this myself with 32-bit apps but I've only recently been working on changing s4pe to 64-bit so who knows.

S4pe is really a challenge - while working on it I've seen it (apparently) randomly stop loading dlls or start throwing errors. Maybe I've screwed it up by trying to force 64-bit. For sure I just don't understand what's going on.

Edit: If you don't mind, I'll grab your code and see if it works on my system.

Test Subject
#194 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 5:51 PM
Lol, I guess I was fooled by a different programming style.

First, s4pe and the wrapper dlls are pretty much independent of each other - as far as I know any version of s4pe can call any wrapper version. They're set up that way so users can write or modify their own wrappers. Also, when using the CASPartResource wrapper directly s4pe doesn't even come into it.

That said, it's very possible that it's a mismatch in, um, bitness - calling a 64-bit dll from a 32-bit process won't work. The new CASPartResource dll is 64-bit, former versions were Any CPU and should run either way. The BadImage error suggests that might be the problem if you're running in 32-bit. If so, it's worth trying changing it to 64-bit, assuming you're on a 64-bit machine. If not, I can recompile it for any CPU or 32-bit. I've never run into this myself with 32-bit apps but I've only recently been working on changing s4pe to 64-bit so who knows.

S4pe is really a challenge - while working on it I've seen it (apparently) randomly stop loading dlls or start throwing errors. Maybe I've screwed it up by trying to force 64-bit. For sure I just don't understand what's going on.

Edit: If you don't mind, I'll grab your code and see if it works on my system.

Woaaah, it's working! The bitness was indeed the cause of the problem - I overlooked that it said Mixed Platforms and ModelViewer was set to x86. And it seems the updated casp dll is still needed, even with the proper configuration. Thanks a lot for your help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#195 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 7:41 PM
Woaaah, it's working! The bitness was indeed the cause of the problem - I overlooked that it said Mixed Platforms and ModelViewer was set to x86. And it seems the updated casp dll is still needed, even with the proper configuration. Thanks a lot for your help!

I'm so glad you got it working! Something for me to think about as I prepare the next version - I want compatibility with 32-bit systems and applications but according to my experience with other tools apps compiled for mixed platforms seem not to use memory above 4 GB (or whatever the limit is) like 64-bit compiled apps do, and I know people here want true 64-bit performance. IMO almost everyone has 64-bit now. I have a feeling I'll end up with a 64-bit s4pe and a separate set of Any CPU dlls to be used by 32-bit applications.

Test Subject
#196 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 6:07 PM
Hello Cmar, is there any "s4pe helper" to import and export mlod files directly into blender, like we have for S3PE (or any other possible way to open MLODs in blender that I don't know)? thanks in advance
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#197 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipsonfire
Hello Cmar, is there any "s4pe helper" to import and export mlod files directly into blender, like we have for S3PE (or any other possible way to open MLODs in blender that I don't know)? thanks in advance

Not that I'm aware of, and I think you'd also need a Blender plugin. S4S and maybe TSRW can export objects to Blender if that's what you need.

Test Subject
#198 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 9:05 PM
Not that I'm aware of, and I think you'd also need a Blender plugin. S4S and maybe TSRW can export objects to Blender if that's what you need.

thanks for the answer I was looking for a solution that could bypass the installation of sims 4, as I just want to extract and convert some meshes to sims 3, but it looks like I need it installed for both TSRW and S4S. Well...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#199 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lipsonfire
thanks for the answer I was looking for a solution that could bypass the installation of sims 4, as I just want to extract and convert some meshes to sims 3, but it looks like I need it installed for both TSRW and S4S. Well...

There's a preview function, so I might be able to export them in .obj, .ms3d, or .dae format eventually.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#200 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:44 PM
Version 0.6.0 FINALLY uploaded, with LRLE support and several resources updated. This is 64-bit only, but I can make a 32-bit compatible version if needed.

On my list to work on:

- Update the CLIP resource
- Improve DATA and JAZZ to decode the blobs it displays now
- Do something about KDTR (and others) throwing an error when the resource is empty
- Export an OBJ for MLOD and I think MODL
- Get rid of the &%&^*% update error message

Have I forgotten or omitted anything?

Page 8 of 10