Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:05 PM Last edited by the_arit : 30th Mar 2010 at 7:18 PM.
Default Showing Error when trying to run S2PCI
Recently I reinstalled my sims 2 games, so I tried to also reinstall S2PCI. Went and downloaded the latest version, I ran the installation program, everything is well until I try to run the PCI, then it will show me THIS message:

Ive tried to reinstall the PCI, delete the registry, uninstall/install the NET. Framework 1.1 and nothing is working.

Any idea what could be causing this?

My sims 2 are working fine, I have all EP plus the Mansions and Garden SP running on Windows XP.

EDIT! I feel silly for not trying this before but, I tried using an older version, version 1.5.1 sends me to a blank page, but version 1.5.0.2 works for me.

The latest version (1.5.1.4) still isnt working.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:57 PM
Unfortunately, the error message doesn't give me enough information to even guess at what the problem is. I also can't reproduce your problem, since I'm running successfully on Windows XP with all EPs and M&G.

Would you be willing to try the lastest test version (1.6), to see whether it solves your problems? If not, I could add some debugging code to try to help narrow down where the problem is occurring.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:59 PM
I got the same problem too unfortunately.
Site Helper
#4 Old 12th May 2010 at 6:25 PM
Did you try running with an earlier version?

What are you trying to do when this occurs?

Are you installing something? If so, perhaps you could give me a link, so that I can try installing it to see whether I can reproduce the problem.

Are you viewing a directory? If so, which directory? Could you try using a binary search to see whether the problem occurs with everything, or whether there's a limited number of files causing the problem? Basically, backup everything, then remove half of the files. If the problem continues, remove half of the remaining files. If the problem goes away, then try again with the other half.

Basically, I need more information to find this problem. The best thing would be if I could reproduce the problem on my machine.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd May 2010 at 10:12 PM
SUPER THANK YOU!! I'VE BEEN SITTING HERE HOUUURS WITH EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOURS!
YOUR BRIGHTFULL IDEA TO TRY TO INSTALL THE OTHER VERSION WORKED LIKE MAGIC! THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT!!!

Quote: Originally posted by the_arit
Recently I reinstalled my sims 2 games, so I tried to also reinstall S2PCI. Went and downloaded the latest version, I ran the installation program, everything is well until I try to run the PCI, then it will show me THIS message:

Ive tried to reinstall the PCI, delete the registry, uninstall/install the NET. Framework 1.1 and nothing is working.

Any idea what could be causing this?

My sims 2 are working fine, I have all EP plus the Mansions and Garden SP running on Windows XP.

EDIT! I feel silly for not trying this before but, I tried using an older version, version 1.5.1 sends me to a blank page, but version 1.5.0.2 works for me.

The latest version (1.5.1.4) still isnt working.