Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 5:37 PM
Default Sims2 pack old version thing.
Hi all,
Just installed the latest version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer as I would be on the journey to have custom content sooner rather than later. I installed it, read the readme and saw the todo . There is one thing more which is remaining, it needs to figure out if I have the latest or not. This is from the latest version, doing the web update.

Quote:
D:\Sims2Pack Clean Installer\url.txt
Starting Web Update
Connecting to: http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/15/
Checking Version
You have an old version, download the update
by clicking on one of the website buttons below.

Local version: 1.6.12.0
Online version: 1.6.11.0

This incidentally is my first post to the forum.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 7:01 PM
Sorry, looks like I haven't updated that site for the latest version; I'll look into that when I have the time. You can always download the latest version (currently V1.6.13) here:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409950
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2011 at 9:20 PM
Mootilda, love you. For some reason didn't see that the program is FOSS (under GNU GPL) . Some more ideas for improvements.

The README.txt is actually a version listing. So instead you could name it version.txt rather than README.txt . A README.txt usually more often that not would have a listing of the contents of the files/directories (if its small), some precautions to be taken while using that program, a URL where they are pointed out to in case something goes awash and stuff like that.

I also tried to check out the Packages.txt file and it is filled up. At first I thought it was parsing, categorizing all the .packages files in the Sim2 program folder/directory. A slightly deeper look resulted in seeing that it was a sort of a database dump of some objects (which perhaps the UI is using ?) .

I am yet to really use the program as there is no custom content as of now but who knows.

Looking to know more.