Replies: 6680 (Who?), Viewed: 369236 times.
Page 268 of 268
Lab Assistant
#6676 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:33 PM.
@TadOlson It actually makes me a bit mad that I don't have the concentration to make a really lasting one with many generations. I suppose that when my stage of creating neighborhoods passes, I will go back to concentrating on playing for real. I think in another life I must have been a historian because I love very long family trees.

I'm very interested in playing medieval, but I don't want to waste hours setting up and downloading items or clothes ... Is there somewhere that summarizes how to start and what should I get? In fact, I am secretly creating a medieval but modern (ccfree) neighborhood for that reason.

These Maraletsplay videos were the ones that made me want to play medieval. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28fv89IdwI&t
Top Secret Researcher
#6677 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:30 PM
I went to Medevelsims for some content so my sims won't have to take jobs and I just pretend the clothing is old fashioned.It's fine to just pretend things aren't that modern though I would use a Mod to unlock aspiration and career rewards to buy mode which is the case in my game and also take advatage of gardening to play farmers.I started with playing my BACC and am learning to be patient with bluilding my towns up slowly instead of rushing and getting lost.
Mad Poster
#6678 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 10:04 PM
The one thing I've done to help make my medieval game appear and feel like it truly is in that time zone is encompassed by two words:
Default Replacement.

And that means every thing. From clothing to careers, food and furniture, you have to replace or hide nearly every single 'modern' item in the game to replicate the medieval era.
Plumbob Keep is a major resource to use, as well as individual creators such as Almighty Hat who plays (or did) a very intensely medieval game, and has default replaced a ton of stuff for it

She has lists of resources from everywhere, including MTS and all you have to do is be prepared to download a ton of defaults and replacement items. She was also a creator here.

Yes, it is labor intensive and time consuming but if you're a purist like I am, it's well worth the time and effort to do it this way.

Almighty Hat's page would be the first place I'd go if I were to start all over again.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Lab Assistant
#6679 Old Yesterday at 2:24 AM
Half times the welcome wagon comes, Nina and Nervous are part of the wagon. And they hate each other. It's always slap slap fight fight with those two.
Alternatively, when it's not them, it's Mortimer and Olive, who don't fight, but eye each other suspiciously, cautiously chatting.
I am pleased with both patterns.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Instructor
#6680 Old Yesterday at 3:50 AM
I downloaded some beautiful houses from here in the midcentury-modern architectural style and I just had to try them out, which meant rebooting Strangetown. This time with a clean version to keep it from going kablooey. The Curious boys, the Smiths, and the Beakers all got new houses because I can't stand the houses they start out in. Surprisingly, the Grunts didn't have enough money to afford one of the new houses I downloaded, but theirs is not too bad once it's revamped some, and it suits General Buzz's personality. And of course Olive keeps her house, which is the only one in Strangetown I like. I like to give her the phone to call the Grim Reaper for that little room she has back there. The Singles girls and Ajay are all living together in a cheap roadside motel, so we'll see which one of the girls nails Ajay in his little leopard-print briefs first.
Mad Poster
#6681 Old Yesterday at 4:14 AM
I'm playing through my version of Old Town-and admiring with due diligence my transformation of one of the larger houses in Old Town into a worthy and very attractive mansion for those who are wealthy enough to afford it. It has everything a rich person needs-a pool, a sauna and hot tub. Does not include hot and cold running maids, though.

And also getting everyone introduced. That means the Agency people are having the hots for one another (but not solving any crimes), and Jimmy Maximus is making plans to have a few girlfriends on the side just to keep his edge as a romancer. His wife does not know of this,and he prefers it that way.

As part of their routine, the pixels have to go to the investment bank to deposit their money. Chip Patooty did so, and after he'd done his banking he snatched up and stole a gold bar! He's very happy nobody noticed-and that was $2,000 he didn't have to work too hard for.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Page 268 of 268