Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#676 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
rodents (chinchillas, hedgehogs, squirrels, rats, shrews, womrats)[*]

That settles it, my self-sim's going to get a hedgehog and name him Sonic.

Wow...this definitely looks much better than TS2 Pets, heck maybe even Unleashed. I'm so happy about the mechanical bull returning. I remember that being one of the objects that attracted me to The Sims. I'm glad dogs can swim. The selection of small animals as a whole looks great. Interesting that unicorns are the new creature. They look like they'll be really useful. But sims can't ride them?

3 games in and pets still can't be taken on vacation? I think that's the only major disappointment for me. That and Scottish Folds aren't on the list of cat breeds. Maybe EA's not done making breeds yet because the list of cat breeds looks very small.

Thanks for sharing this info! I'm surprised to see a leak this big from The Sims. I wonder if all those things will be in the final product, I didn't expect vending machines and an ice cream truck in a Pets EP. I guess it works since part of the idea of having pets is to take them to the park, but I would have expected those two things to be sold in the store. Actually, the vending machine was on that store survey back in December.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#677 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:04 PM Last edited by brillo_pad : 26th Jul 2011 at 1:58 PM.
Unicorns....

FUCK THAT..

SHIEEEEEEEEEET

I'll just have to make "dog people" or "cat people" or "hedgehog people" for shape shifters.. sheeeeet... I'm actually annoyed.

Go suck an elf...
Top Secret Researcher
#678 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:12 PM
So unicorns... no shapeshifters aww. But sure sounds like there is going to be wayyy more than sims 1 or 2 pets has ever had Has the date when it comes to stores been announced or still unknown? I wish it wont be like only october or november. Can't wait for it either, must get it already >.<
Test Subject
#679 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 1:20 PM
After reading through that document there's also an interaction relating to a "Sing A Gram".

"Romantic Sing A Gram"
"Celebration Sing A Gram"
"Call for Sing A Gram"
"Cheer up Sing A Gram"
"You are special Sing A Gram"

Lab Assistant
#680 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 2:04 PM
I would sooooo rather have a unicorn than a stupid werewolf. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they're both there.
Forum Resident
#681 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:03 PM
I really disliked TS2's werewolves; they were pretty pointless. But a unicorn sounds awesome!
Field Researcher
#682 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Unicorns....

FUCK THAT..

SHIEEEEEEEEEET

Nope, it's more like OMG !

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Theorist
#683 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:36 PM
Well the simbot is called Frankenstein in the game files so I wouldn't take anything too seriously.

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#684 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:55 PM
WoW WoW WoW WoW....that is alot!

deers and raccoons<3and so much more!

*needs time to digest it all*
Mad Poster
#685 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Well the simbot is called Frankenstein in the game files so I wouldn't take anything too seriously.

Maybe they changed Frankenstein into Simbot at the last minute. That would explain a lot of things about it's behaviour.
Theorist
#686 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
Nope, it's more like OMG !

Yay!!!!

Just you wait, the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic characters are going to take over the exchange!

I see there's wants about brushing horses, so that seems to confirm the brushes in the concept art are indeed usable. There's also a want to pet a raccoon. I also saw stuff about asking permission to ride another sim's horse. I wouldn't have thought of that, I figured our sims would have been able to hop on any tamed horse whenever they wanted to.
Forum Resident
#687 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:27 PM
I'll be honest that I am upset that we won't have werewolves as the new creature since it is my favorite out of all the creatures in the Sims series.

With the unicorn, it looks like it will be the first creature to not be part of a human Sim. Like with the other creatures, the Sim can become that creature or the creature can become a Sim. I wonder if it's possible for a regular horse to become a unicorn. I think that might be interesting, but it may cause problems like the Late Night vampires where every horse turns into a unicorn.
Instructor
#688 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:36 PM
Hopefully unicorns and deers will be restricted to suburban worlds, I wouldn't like to see them in Bridgeport or another downtown world.

On a side note, horses can be directed to kick Sims!
"{0.SimFirstName} can't Kick with a rider on {MA.his}{FA.her} back!"
"There is not enough space around {0.SimFirstName} for me to kick {MA.him}{FA.her}."
Top Secret Researcher
#689 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:37 PM
The Unicorn sounds kind of nice...although I never play with the special creatures. My daughters will be thrilled though.

I suspect that many of the smaller creatures will be spawned and you can probably keep them in a tank or a cage. Still, it will be cool to have animals running round in the world. I sure hope most of these make it into the game!
Mad Poster
#690 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
With the unicorn, it looks like it will be the first creature to not be part of a human Sim. Like with the other creatures, the Sim can become that creature or the creature can become a Sim.

The unicorn is like Bigfoot from TS2, only cuter, and fluffier, and somewhat magical.
Field Researcher
#691 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:41 PM
OMG. As soon as my mom gives me my 50 dollars for work, I know what I'm pre-ordering!
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Has the date when it comes to stores been announced or still unknown? I wish it wont be like only october or november. Can't wait for it either, must get it already >.<

Release date is October 18. Far too long for me, though!
Lab Assistant
#692 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 4:48 PM
I REALLY hope Unicorn-fire is autonomous... along with the ability to curse people. I mean, at first, I was thinking this was a pretty lame creature, but then I realized "DUDE! APOCALYPTIC UNICORNS!" This totally made my day. Now I gotta go pre-order!
Forum Resident
#693 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:01 PM Last edited by birdyfly : 26th Jul 2011 at 5:11 PM.
I found this topic in the Sims 3 official forums: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/413512.page

Although I wouldn't say that the unicorn is ridiculous. In fact, I'm excited to have it around, I do agree that I wouldn't call it a life state. I'm not sure if they will include something else like a werewolf, but it would be nice. If they don't include it though, I'll just install my Sims 2 game and hope that my computer doesn't blow up from having all three generations of Sims games on it (and my CC addiction for all three games).

I would like to know a little more information on the unicorn on whether or not you can play as it, or if your Sim/Horse can become a unicorn. (I love playing the life states )
I'm a little worried that it will be more like an NPC like the witch doctor in Sims 2 Bon Voyage. If it is playable, I wonder if we will get baby unicorns as well.

I am wondering if they are going to include a magic expansion pack eventually since it seems like they added the magic elements to the pets expansion pack and have the spell book at the Sims 3 store.

Hopefully we will hear more about the unicorn since it's now been introduced.

EDIT:

BlackGuardian stated some other things found in the file as well.
Quote: Originally posted by BlackGuardian
Some of the info included in the file is just weird. Something about "something" escaping a sim's pair of pants. It also states that certain animals can "guard" objects. You can bathe dogs, animals can "go to mother", and a possible option to tie up pets? Like on an object, for there is an "Be untied" interaction. Something about "exploring under". Animals can "Fetch date". Animals can "guard house". There may be a "young again" pet potion. Animals can "scare into tombstone". They can have "favorite sleeping spots". An interactiong for "being thrown"(O_O), something about a "trick exhibition". Pets(Or even Sims) can also apparently interact with wild animals, such as "play with raccoon". There's also something about a "power failure"?

Some birds as well: Cockatoos, Falcons, Crows etc.
Some reptiles: "Ancient dragon", Iguana, a pygmy Komodo Dragon, Chameleons, Agama lizards, Texas Spiny lizards etc.
Some rodents: Hedgehogs, Rats, Shrews, Womrats.

You can apparently sell horses(Perhaps other pets as well?)
Several types of ice creams.
Cats can hunt(Guessing rodents?)
Loads of interactions between pets.
The social worker can come take your pet away if they're not cared for.
You cannot have a household consisting of just pets. There must be at least one sim. You can pay to breed pets, such as horses.

That's just some interesting tidbits I've found. The document is HUGE. I think it includes basically the whole game.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/413362.page

Quote: Originally posted by BlackGuardian
You have a "ranch"(It sounds like you can keep your horses on community lots), along with various objects such as a trough and skill equipment(Such as jumps, and racing sections), you then "upgrade" these objects and upgrade your 'riding' skill. You then enter competitions at the Equestrian centre(Most likely a rabbit hole), which then gets you rewards. According to the skill "blurbs" it sounds like you get paid while you train your horse and care for them, so it may well be a playable career of sorts(Like the inventing career from Ambitions) More a skill where you're paid, rather than a full on profession.

You also get money by selling and breeding horses. According to the file sims also gain new interactions and options as they progress the riding skill. These unlockables include:

- The option to enter the Equestrian center show jumping competitions.
- The option to ride a horse bareback.
- The option to enter Cross Country competitions at the Equestrian center.
- The option to peform a "dramatic heroic pose" while riding.
- The option to adopt wild horses.

There is also a lifetime reward that allows you to get a clone of your pet, along with the option of plastic surgery for sims.

There are also five new community lot types: Equestrian Center, Cat Jungle, Dog Park, Horse Ranch and Pet Store(I assume for the Limited Edition)

Wild horses can also be panicked and spooked(Most likely to do with "adopting" them).

New interactions with the mechanical bull:

- Bucking Bronco
- Crazy Cowboy
- Crazy Cowgirl
- Easy Rider
- Watch Bull Ride

This is all subject to change of course, I'm just getting this from the patch notes.

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/413362.page

Top Secret Researcher
#694 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:07 PM
So much talk of them that I'm getting more exited of the unicorns! Yay for unicorns, we can play with werewolves in the sims 2 anyway But darn that it's not gonna be in stores until 18th of October, that's like forrever :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#695 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:32 PM
We're FINALLY getting new roofing.
WA roofing was nice, but it's good to get more.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#696 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:39 PM
Unicorns seem really beast. But I didn't like werewolves and I don't think they will add another creature. Because there is usually only one occult per game. Does anyone know if we can control the unicorns? (You know, make them curse, set fires, and bless stuff? That would make this game worth it.)

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
#697 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Unicorns seem really beast. But I didn't like werewolves and I don't think they will add another creature. Because there is usually only one occult per game. Does anyone know if we can control the unicorns? (You know, make them curse, set fires, and bless stuff? That would make this game worth it.)

I'm hoping we can. I think people will be upset if they can't control it, so I doubt that they would make it the new creature and be uncontrollable. I wonder if Sims will get that "OMG a Unicorn!" reaction as well. It would be interesting to have one of my insane Sims show up to work on a unicorn and have his co-workers freak out.
Alchemist
#698 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:52 PM
"Originally Posted by BlackGuardian
Some of the info included in the file is just weird. Something about "something" escaping a sim's pair of pants."

Damn trouser snakes....
Forum Resident
#699 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
"Originally Posted by BlackGuardian
Some of the info included in the file is just weird. Something about "something" escaping a sim's pair of pants."

Damn trouser snakes....

Don't forget mice and wormrats too.
My old hamster used to have a thing about wanting to go down people's shirts and going up pant legs. This new addition is all too realistic for me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#700 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:57 PM
can the game even recognize what is and is not pants.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread
Page 28 of 100