1 people viewing
Replies: 6677 (Who?), Viewed: 369048 times.
Page 268 of 268
Lab Assistant
#6676 Old Yesterday at 7:23 PM Last edited by Sokisims : Yesterday at 7:33 PM.
@TadOlson It actually makes me a bit mad that I don't have the concentration to make a really lasting one with many generations. I suppose that when my stage of creating neighborhoods passes, I will go back to concentrating on playing for real. I think in another life I must have been a historian because I love very long family trees.

I'm very interested in playing medieval, but I don't want to waste hours setting up and downloading items or clothes ... Is there somewhere that summarizes how to start and what should I get? In fact, I am secretly creating a medieval but modern (ccfree) neighborhood for that reason.

These Maraletsplay videos were the ones that made me want to play medieval. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I28fv89IdwI&t
Top Secret Researcher
#6677 Old Yesterday at 7:30 PM
I went to Medevelsims for some content so my sims won't have to take jobs and I just pretend the clothing is old fashioned.It's fine to just pretend things aren't that modern though I would use a Mod to unlock aspiration and career rewards to buy mode which is the case in my game and also take advatage of gardening to play farmers.I started with playing my BACC and am learning to be patient with bluilding my towns up slowly instead of rushing and getting lost.
Mad Poster
#6678 Old Yesterday at 10:04 PM
The one thing I've done to help make my medieval game appear and feel like it truly is in that time zone is encompassed by two words:
Default Replacement.

And that means every thing. From clothing to careers, food and furniture, you have to replace or hide nearly every single 'modern' item in the game to replicate the medieval era.
Plumbob Keep is a major resource to use, as well as individual creators such as Almighty Hat who plays (or did) a very intensely medieval game, and has default replaced a ton of stuff for it

She has lists of resources from everywhere, including MTS and all you have to do is be prepared to download a ton of defaults and replacement items. She was also a creator here.

Yes, it is labor intensive and time consuming but if you're a purist like I am, it's well worth the time and effort to do it this way.

Almighty Hat's page would be the first place I'd go if I were to start all over again.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Page 268 of 268