Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2022 at 10:25 PM Last edited by Bellisa : 17th Jul 2022 at 7:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Solved. Opened another neighborhood when entering community lot wtf?
Ok so I played in my custom hood that I have been extremely careful not to corrupt. When I played a sim and was going to go the cemetery community lot the game suddenly opened up Strangetown instead! How and why did this happen? Ive not played Strangetown either

I enterd the cemetery with another household earlier today and all went ok.

After that I had a teen sim living alone die from sickness and i got the option to move all graves (dont remember if this is a game thing or custom content) and this was probably the first time i tried to enter the lot after that

So did I corrupt my hood?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 17th May 2022 at 9:36 AM

Do you have Strangetown in your game even? How did you have your Sim go to the cemetery (by what means)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th May 2022 at 10:18 AM
I have strangetown as another neighborhood but I havent played it. I used the walk to lot option
Theorist
#4 Old 18th May 2022 at 10:14 AM
Try running HoodChecker on your neighborhood and fixing any issues. What does it report back?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th May 2022 at 12:59 AM
There was a lot to fix when i ran it, used the remove option. Tried to enter the lot again from the same household, and that went smoothly. What can I assume did it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th May 2022 at 1:01 AM
Mostly to make regular back ups and hood checker runs. It sounds like corruption to me but hopefully just an odd glitch or could even be the neighbourhood manager file got corrupted, delete it and let it regen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 7:47 PM
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but wanted to play for a while before making any assumptions. Thank you @joandsarah77, I deleted the neighborhood manager and it hasnt happened again since. Nor have I seen any other signs of corruption so it COULD be that file that was corrupted, but time will show i guess
Space Pony
#8 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:36 PM
How in the--- I'm glad you go it solved. That's one for the books, because I've never heard of such a glitch before.