Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Create your own no effects mod tool (updated 07/02/2013)

by velocitygrass Posted 21st Jun 2011 at 4:36 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:52 PM by Nysha

228 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 10
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:24 AM
@ninoo: Ah, hehe. I've been wondering about your phrasing. Glad it works now!

@Tripcore: It can be a guessing game. I searched for "friend" and "relation" first, but then "plus" worked very nicely.
Instructor
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:13 PM
can someone please tell me where to look for the effects made by science experiments & the effects from the speakers from stereos?

Thanks

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:16 PM
This is a most awesome mod for me. Now I can tailor make the effects they way I want to play. I am totally squeeing right now! Thank you very much for being ingenious enough to create this. Very appreciative for your sharing it too!
Inventor
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:29 PM
@knightguy82: For stereo effects search for "stereo" (there are different ones for the different stereos). I'm not sure what you mean by science experiments? Do you mean the science gun? For that try "sciencegun". There are also various other effects if you filter for "science" (e.g. scienceposarealarge, which is a pulsing circle). The easiest way to find the correct one is using to fog emitter to quickly test them out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 10:48 PM
Hi thanks for this and the memories tool. Just yesterday I was thinking how much those memories popping up for such meaningless things would drive me insane.

I'm wondering whether the file generated by this will conflict with the sHoNi vampire overhaul no V/tattoo mods? I can find vampirezzz but not the tattoo in the effects list.
Instructor
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@knightguy82: For stereo effects search for "stereo" (there are different ones for the different stereos). I'm not sure what you mean by science experiments? Do you mean the science gun? For that try "sciencegun". There are also various other effects if you filter for "science" (e.g. scienceposarealarge, which is a pulsing circle). The easiest way to find the correct one is using to fog emitter to quickly test them out.

so i would just disable all sciencepos*** effects if i wanted to use the science gun but get not the effects it leaves on whatever objects that was experimented on?

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:02 AM
Hmmm this mod is awesome XD! Lol Thanks :3 It'll help alot with annoying sim effects but there is this one thing I just cant figure out. I've seen the effect for the glow of vampire eyes but not for the glow of their skin. I cant seem to figure out which effect name it would be... any ideas?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 1:20 AM
Been playing with this for a good while, but a couple of things are still eluding me. I still can't figure out how to get rid of the skill bar and progress bar that floats above the Sims' heads when they're learning/repairing/upgrading/whatever. I unchecked everything that had "bar" or "meter" or "progress" in it, and I deleted the cache files, but I can't get those bars to disappear. I suspect that they may not be effects at all, but objects or something, in which case I'd have to hide them elsewhere. I also can't hide the plumbbob, but I think it's the same deal.

Anyone know anything about this? Maybe I should start a thread.
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 2:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zymish
I still can't figure out how to get rid of the skill bar and progress bar that floats above the Sims' heads when they're learning/repairing/upgrading/whatever.

@zymish: Try hideHeadlineEffects on cheat, I think it solves the bar & plumbob things, if not I dunno.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:59 AM
This is absolutely brilliant, thanks a bunch!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 12:43 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 23rd Jun 2011 at 2:32 PM.
@silent_j: My guess would be that they don't conflict. The vampire tattoo is an outfit accessory and not an effect.

@knightguy82: Yes, that should work. You could also uncheck scienceneg*** to remove the failed experiments.

@geargirl94: The vampire skin is actually a visual override (which I think accesses the shader effects more directly). You can remove it with Twallan's DebugEnabler (Click on the sim, then NRaas -> DebugEnabler -> Options: CellPhone -> Visual Override -> Remove Override). This won't remove the skin in the head for the popup menus however (or the preview in the panel) or in CAS. Completely removing the skin everywhere seems to be relatively difficult if you'd want to do it in a non-core mod (in a core mod it should be trivial). ETA: Since I did a little test mod when I tried this out, I thought I might as well share it here.

@zymish: Yes, there are effects for the skill meter, but they only do the glowing and the little plusses. The actual meter seems to be an actual object. But I tried Tripcore's tip and it removed the plumbob and skillmeter (didn't test upgrades).

@Tripcore: It worked for me. Thanks for the tip
Test Subject
#37 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 7:07 PM
you know when your a vampire then your eyes sparkle but i dont wnat that and when i type VAMPIRE or EYE there are 2 of the same and i dont know wich one is the right one can u please help enyone please!!!
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 9:50 PM
@Vamplock: Both vampireeyerays effects are actually the rays shooting out of the eyes when turning into a vampire. They "normal" glowing eyes are part of the visual override, I believe. If you are willing to remove both the skin effect and the eyes, then you can do that with Twallan's DebugEnabler (Click on the sim, then NRaas -> DebugEnabler -> Options: CellPhone -> Visual Override -> Remove Override). I've also done a little script mod that automates that, available here.
Test Subject
#39 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Vamplock: Both vampireeyerays effects are actually the rays shooting out of the eyes when turning into a vampire. They "normal" glowing eyes are part of the visual override, I believe. If you are willing to remove both the skin effect and the eyes, then you can do that with Twallan's DebugEnabler (Click on the sim, then NRaas -> DebugEnabler -> Options: CellPhone -> Visual Override -> Remove Override). I've also done a little script mod that automates that, available here.

Thanks for the quick answer lol I'm no good at modding so I guess I'll have to wait to see if someone will ever come out with a mod that overrides the skin effect...Its just annoying sometimes how pale and glowy it makes the sims look...I don't mind the eyes though :3 It looks cool. Thanks for this mod btw very useful indeed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:27 PM Last edited by cyprys : 28th Jun 2011 at 6:28 PM. Reason: typo
Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 4:12 PM
Default Vamplock
Thanx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 5:31 PM
this is exactly what i needed! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#43 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:00 PM
If you're able to turn effects on and off with this, and I can't see my effects now, would I be able to see them with this, or is that only No Mosaic, which by the way doesn't work for me for some reason.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#44 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:01 PM
loljoker1 - If you aren't able to see effects now, this isn't going to help you. You probably have an outdated no mosaic causing that problem (or another mod) and the solution is to remove the problem file(s), not add more mods.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 11:30 PM
It all started in HELS, I had no mods. Then when Late Night came out, I downloaded the No Mosaic mod for late night, it didn't work, and every updated no mosaic including the newest hasn't worked, i have every Sims 3 game (I bought them in order) So I'm not using an out dated No mosaic.
Inventor
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:02 AM
@loljoker1:

You have always removed the No Mosaic mod that didn't work? If you don't have an outdated No Mosaic, then you must have a different mod that influences/breaks the effects in your game. This mod tool can't help, because it does nothing but create a custom mod that works exactly like the No Mosaic mod, so if No Mosaic doesn't work for you, a mod created with this tool wouldn't work either.

I would suggest checking your mod folder for other mods that might cause this problem. The quickest test would be to remove all mods and start a new test game to see if your effects are back and then put the mods back in batches to narrow it down to the mod causing this.

You could also put back the latest No Mosaic in your mods folder and then try the Sims 3 Dashboard tool to see if one of your mods is a duplicate and thus conflicting with it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:03 AM
Thanks for this. Was looking for a mod that got rid of eye candy sparkle and I stumbled across your mod. Now I can make my own and get rid of some of the other particularly annoying and useless animations. :D
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#48 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:39 PM
Is there a way for this tool to remember which boxes the user has checked/unchecked, perhaps in an xml file, to make it easier to create an updated file when a new patch or EP introduces new effects?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:25 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 7th Aug 2011 at 9:51 PM.
@whiterider: I've implemented a "load" option for the memory tool that takes an existing package to restore the checkbox states. It should be fairly simply to do the same for this (new effects would be left checked). I have a few deadlines coming up, but maybe I can look into this tomorrow.

ETA: Okay, I looked at this and actually I can only get the names of effects that remained checked, so there's no way for me to know for sure which effects were unchecked and which are simply new. I can make it so that loading an old package will uncheck everything and then check the effects that were checked in the old mod. However that would mean new effects are unchecked by default and someone would have to manually check them (and find them first, e.g. through a diff of an exported effects name list). Since that is potentially very annoying I will add export/import functionality, so that you can export a map with the effect name and its checkstate when you create your mod and then import it for a new patch, so that new effects will remain checked unless you explicitly uncheck them. I probably won't have time to release a new version until next week.

ETA 08/07/2011: Tool has been updated to v1.0.4 with export/import functionality (and also additional filters for checked/unchecked effects).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 11:40 PM
This is awesome! What I want is to get rid of the Zeniport light ring when you use the Ninja smoke Bombs. Does anyone know what effect that is or if the two effects are tied together.
Page 2 of 10