Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:28 PM
Some sad news
Today I have very sad news to share with you all - one of our long term members, Mootilda, had been ill with cancer for some time. On Monday 1st September she was admitted to hospital and died peacefully on Tuesday morning. This announcement post gives us the opportunity to share our condolences with her family and to remember her for all the great mods she made for us, and more importantly, to remember her for her great character and her kindness in helping others.

Mootilda was a highly respected member of the community and could frequently be found helping out in modding discussions and help forums. She was an accomplished programmer who loved to share her knowledge with others as well as being a site helper here on MTS for a number of years, and contributed extensively to the site and the community.

Mootilda - we will miss you, rest in peace.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
273 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:29 PM Last edited by leefish : 4th Sep 2014 at 2:40 PM.
I will always remember Mootilda as a no-nonsense person with a genuinely kind heart. She helped me when I was new to the site and I always enjoyed reading her replies and of course using the great mods she made for us. Whenever I play my game or visit this site I shall remember her.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
OMG this is very sad! She was amazing with her work on the lot mover, and I spent quite a bit of time working with her.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
Oh my God, that's really awful.

Dear Mootilda, we will all miss you so very much!
You were always helpful and nice.
I hope you will now find peace.

My heart goes out to the family.

Come, let us go insane and let us sleep until we rot away~
I ship Drarry, am an Autistic teen who's addicted to gaming and reading.
I love Matt Miller from Saints Row.
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:34 PM
Oh wow. I've never really known her, nor her creations, but I'm glad to hear she died peacefully. Cancer can lead to an awful death.
Rest in peace, fellow Simmer.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:42 PM
Oh my gosh, how awfully sad. Mootilda was always so patient, talented and a truly creative problem solver. A huge loss to the sims community, and I am sure to the world in general. She will be sadly missed. My thoughts are with her family.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:46 PM
Oh my gosh how awful. She was a very integral part in keeping the community and the Sims 2 afloat. She was amazing.
I only knew her a little and I'm really sad. You will be missed Mootilda.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:00 PM
My condolences to her family.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:07 PM
This is terrible news! So very sorry to hear this
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#10 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:08 PM
Prayers and condolences to her family. So sad to hear.
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:13 PM
That's so sad. I'm glad she was a part of this community. I didn't know her personally, but she was a big part of this.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:26 PM
I am a long time member of Mod the Sims. Mootilda has always been an integral part of this site. So when I read the news today, it was a tremendous blow. I am terribly sorry to hear this news. I send my heartfelt condolences to her family, friends and loved ones. In their healng, I hope they know that she was admired and had a wonderful impact here. Rest in peace and thank you very much, Mootilda. You will never be forgotten.

--Ceci
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:35 PM
Sad, sad news - for us, the simming community, and the world...
She is in a better place now - and her pain is gone.
Peace be with her.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#14 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:00 PM
My thoughts and love go out to her family and friends.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#15 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:07 PM
Such sad news, my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends. Thank you for all the help and support given to myself and the simming community.

Rest in peace, Mootilda.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#16 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:14 PM
This is so sad. I always found her to be extremelly helpful both with her posts and her work. She was an amazing part of the community and will surely be missed a great deal and never forgotten. My best wishes are with her family and friends. Rest in peace.

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Scholar
#17 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:18 PM
Goodbye Mootilda. I didn't know her but it's still very sad to hear.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#18 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:38 PM
Condolences to her family. We'll have her in our prayers.
Scholar
#19 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Gosh, that is so sad to hear. Condolences to her family, and may she Rest In Peace.

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:02 PM
Thoughts are with the family. That's so sad to hear.
Alchemist
#21 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:12 PM
Very sad news. Rest in peace, Mootilda.
Thank you for letting us know, Delphy.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I have no words. May she rest in peace.
Space Pony
#23 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:23 PM
didn''t know her...but that's so sad.Condolences to her family.rest in peace Mootilda.
Test Subject
#24 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:24 PM
farewell our beloved friend rip
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#25 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 5:39 PM
Oh no, this is terrible My thoughts are with her friends and her family.
Page 1 of 19