Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:31 AM
Never got the chance to get to know anyone on here but there's a lot of passion and creativity towards the content uploaded here. It's all from the heart and I loved all of Mootilda's content. Wherever her spirit stays now, she's not in pain anymore and can live on happily. I'm sorry for the loss.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#102 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:39 AM
Rest in peace. I have appreciated her and always will, her community lots have been a feature of my hoods for a long time, and always will be - and I am sad that I did not really know her or actually talked to her on this forum. I am sure she is a huge loss to all of us, but even a huger loss to her family and friends. You are in my thoughts.
Scholar
#103 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:59 AM
How awfully sad! I didn't know Mootilda, but I remember very well how active , creative, helpful she was just after the release of Sims 2. There was not yet any cc and she was always here to help in the long discussions about modding the game.

I am just adding my sadness, thoughts and prayers to yours, dear fellow simmers. Sincerest condoleances to her family, especially to you, Quatchi.
Test Subject
#104 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:02 AM
So very, very sorry to hear that. Condolences to her loved ones.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:47 AM
She helped me numerous times and developed an entirely new theory on how to save my neighbourhood back from corruption which I still use to this day. She was always so frank and kind. I'll miss her. RIP.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#106 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:05 AM
an amazing person taken too soon.

Light, love & peace Mootilda

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Alchemist
#107 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:12 AM
I can't believe she's gone, it makes me really sad to hear, R.I.P
Mad Poster
#108 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:44 AM
Quatchi, thank you for telling us a little about her. From her work here and her posts, it was clear that she was extremely intelligent, but she never acted smug or superior. On the contrary, she was patient and kind.

Yes, indeed. She was an amazing person, as so many others have also written.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#109 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:54 AM
Requiescat in pace
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:08 PM
Awful news. I can't believe Mootilda is gone. She was a wonderful person, always polite and helpful, who knew the game inside out. I never spoke to her myself but I read many of her posts. I now regret not having told her how much I appreciated her advice and everything she uploaded. My heart goes out to her loved ones: I cannot even begin to grasp how they must be feeling. Mootilda will be deeply missed. May she rest in peace.
Theorist
#111 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:53 PM
This is devastating. She has been an amazing person who brought numerous contributions to the community. My heart goes out to Mootilda's family and friends.

Rest in peace, Mootilda. You will be missed.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quatchi, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've always been more of a lurker and builder than a player, but any time my account here got purged for inactivity Mootilda's would always be the first creator page I re-favourited, for all the cool utilities she gave us to play with. When I came back from a break from the game there'd often be something new and marvellous to explore, and her discussions of how to overcome some of its quirks were always fascinating and constructive to read.

Her love for the game shone through, and I'm glad for whatever comfort and distraction and joy it was able to give her.

She'll be much missed. RIP Mootilda.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:50 PM
R.I.P Mootilda...May you forever be connected in our hearts.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Acadia : 5th Sep 2014 at 2:56 PM.
I think I will never forget Mootildas avatar for some reason, that feels like part of mod the sims community She must have been one of those far too rare talented people who use their talent to create fun and good time, and I truly feel sorry for the loss. Rest in peace Mootilda, and thank you for everything you gave us while you still were here. We were so lucky to have her. (Condolences Quatchi and sorry for seemingly cold tone of my post, I'm clumsy expressing my feelings in any language especially english.)
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:44 PM
Very sad news and I don't know what to say. Any time I saw Mootilda's avitar I'd make a point to read it. You would know you were going to learn something. Condolences to you Quatchi and to all her family and friends. Condolences to all the Sims comunity too. You will be sorely missed Mootilda.
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Today I have very sad news to share with you all - one of our long term members, Mootilda, had been ill with cancer for some time. On Monday 1st September she was admitted to hospital and died peacefully on Tuesday morning. This announcement post gives us the opportunity to share our condolences with her family and to remember her for all the great mods she made for us, and more importantly, to remember her for her great character and her kindness in helping others.

Mootilda was a highly respected member of the community and could frequently be found helping out in modding discussions and help forums. She was an accomplished programmer who loved to share her knowledge with others as well as being a site helper here on MTS for a number of years, and contributed extensively to the site and the community.

Mootilda - we will miss you, rest in peace.

Such sad news

Cancer is an indiscriminate beast. My condolences to her family.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#117 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:16 PM
Mootilda was one of The Greats of simming community, who was involved for such a long time with this game series and this community. Her presence, impact and influence around the community was large and irreplaceable... And like others have said, she was such a genuinely kind-hearted, utterly lovely and sweet person.

She will always be remembered very fondly by this community, and as one of The Greats of Simming!
Scholar
#118 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM
Oh my gosh..while I never knew her, she had great creations and she seemed nice. Rest in Peace.
Link Ninja
#119 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:56 PM
This is very devastating news - she was a staple of the sims 2 discussion board, she was so very helpful, patient, and responsive and had such good insight. Even if some things she posted I disagreed with, I still respected the tar out of her. I will miss her contributions greatly

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#120 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:56 PM
So sorry to hear this, she was a very talented individual. Many condolences to her family and friends.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:04 PM
This is very sad. Mootilda will be missed.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:09 PM
This is a very bad news!
I didn't know her and I didn't know of her illness, but I know that she was a very important part of ModTheSims: Mootilda was one of the best creators of mods (especially programs and utilities) and many modders must thank her for the valuable help she gave.
My deepest condolences to the family and may God protect her in the kingdom of heaven.
Alchemist
#123 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:10 PM
To Mootilda's family, may you be comforted by the love you see here for her. I will remember her every time I play Sims2 which is everyday because she added so much to the game just out of the goodness of her heart. She shared her wonderful talent with all of us and will be sorely missed.

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Scholar
#124 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
RIP Mootilda
Field Researcher
#125 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM Last edited by fer456 : 5th Sep 2014 at 7:59 PM.
Sorry for her family and loved people! This is a really sad new.

You will be missed for everybody, Mootilda.

I don't know MooTilda very well as now. I only see the times when she help somebody and share a download. But, yes, like everybody say, is very sad. A lot of condolences to her family and goodbye to a talent modder.
Page 5 of 19