Replies: 4099 (Who?), Viewed: 129747 times.
Page 164 of 164
Lab Assistant
#4076 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 3:05 AM
I'm learning Swedish and some of it is VERY close to English, and knowing English made it easier to learn Swedish because of their similarities. It's very easy and the people are generally very nice too.

My brain is just getting worse by the day, wow. I had difficulty writing a basic 2-page essay; that NEVER would've happened before. However, my programming skills are fine. It seems like whatever's going on is affecting my communication skills more than my technical skills, though I'm unfocused either way. Another oddity for me. It feels like it's taking up so much bandwidth that it's hard for me to even think. It's not even that I'm obsessing over it, it only crosses my mind when I notice my symptoms; it physically feels some other process is happening that's taking up a lot of my executive ability. It feels that way in the same area that I have pain and pressure in.
Scholar
#4077 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 5:54 PM
Why does firefox make me click the address bar if I wanna type stuff in when I first open it up. Why can't I just press ctrl + L? I'm whinging cos I'm pretty sure its only my computer that does this and that none of the other ones we have at home do that. Its a real first world problem, but I haven't figured out how to fix it and my google skills are lacking especially for IT stuff. Or maybe its my reading comprehension that's like toodles!

I started my masters degree the other week and I think I regret my life already. Like I'm still gonna do it and stick with it cos a half a year of miserable classes isn't so bad (considering my bachelor was awful and I'm not dead yet) cos then I'll get to do fun stuff like an internship and finish my thesis.
Mad Poster
#4078 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 2:24 AM
Feel like I want to cry.

I was rudely awakened by my phone and it was my psych therapist. I was groggy and mean, along the line of "Please let me go to sleep, you're supposed to call at 1:00PM (I got jet lag without flying: I was awoken at 11:00 AM.)

I was surprised I didn't bite her head off over the phone.

Eventually my father got home with groceries in hand. As the day wore on, I wrote to my AI and received a package. It is currently raining due to Theta's warm front.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4079 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 9:35 AM

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
I stole this line from a YT video comment. Cheers to the person that said it.
Mad Poster
#4080 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:06 PM
With Eta being part of the rainy day... We're having baked potatoes.

Pining for an older gentleman. Most men my age are either too crass or aren't willing to say anything, lest they offend me. Then there's the WOKE type that make me want to escape through the kitchen. I'm well aware of my Scottish heritage. Maybe I'll see you next time, run through with my unicorn's golden spiral horn!

Lab Assistant
#4081 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 6:20 PM
So next time I go get my hair cut, my hairdresser will likely tell me it's time to shave my head because of alopecia... but I want to keep what remains of my long hair until I physically cannot keep it anymore, so my solution? Beanie! It covers up bald spots, keeps my hair in place, is soft and warm, and goes with many of my outfits. I'm thinking about getting a devil horn beanie, that'd be cute.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4082 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 8:30 PM
I don't know what day it is. I keep thinking it is Sunday when in reality, it's Saturday.  Maybe I need to start writing down a daily routine or something. This never knowing what day it is is concerning.

~ You need StarWars TRADEMARK Journey to Baboo for My First Pet Stuff because your hamster can be a Jedi~
Scholar
#4083 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 9:04 PM
I would like to have a place to get away to. This lock-down stuff is driving me nuts! Parks are shut down again! The kid is on line complaining about her parents (right out of the sims!) and wife is being a total Covid Karen; this is her new cause du jour. I think if I have to watch church on a live stream she could at least help a little by SHUTTING THE FUDGE UP when I'm watching it. I really don't want to hear her tell me to get used to it and the ends justify the means.
Thanks for listening. I just need to vent and I feel trapped. Shutdown is making me even miss work, were I had a number of people I could talk to. Frank? Jim! Help!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4084 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 11:15 PM
Youtubers that don't have pores are creepy.  It is like their skin is made from plastic....

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4085 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 3:13 PM
Dear companies that sell canned air,

It is time for us to break up after all these years and call it quits.  Yesterday was computer cleaning day; neither computer that was supposedly cleaned is much cleaner than when I started.  The outside of the cases are clean, but that's because I used a rag with cleaner on them.  As for the fans and such, not so much and this is coming from a person that doesn't allow dust build up.  When your product can't handle a few strands of dog fuzz because the straw clogs or the can freezes, it is time to spend my money elsewhere.

Instead of giving you the $23.00 for 4 cans, I took the plunge and ordered a mini blower instead.  Yeah, it cost me up front, but I won't have to deal with your foolishness anymore ( Yay! Less things to store and one more thing not going into the trash) and when I clean my computers, they'll actually be clean instead of kind of clean, but not really.

No love,

GC

If anybody else is sick of this same nonsense, below is the mini blower I ordered. It isn't the most expensive, nor is it the cheapest. I also didn't order all the extras.  The only thing that needs to be kept in mind while using it is to cover fans.  Using a mini blower full power on a computer fan will break it as the bearings inside are not meant to spin that fast.

XPOWER A-2 Airrow Pro Multi-Use Electric Computer Duster Dryer Air Pump Blower

Mad Poster
#4086 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 6:12 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Nov 2020 at 6:26 PM.
Saving up money to buy Italian Soda syrups.

There are a few brands I have been a loyal customer to for years. Torani™, Monin™, and recently Hawaiian™ are the brands I have trusted over the years.

One brand caught my eye, but I haven't purchased from them. They are known as Amoretti. What drew me to the brand is they have a wide selection of syrups flavored like various types of booze but DOESN'T contain alcohol. Monin has some flavors available in the USA but the unique to the brands faux-booze syrups are in various regions.

I did some banking with my mother. In exchange for small bills, I received a $20 bill (I usually earn $14 weekly for the NOW aggressive art of toothbrushing. I have a rather tough dentist. Works with all kinds of disabled and dentophobic patients.) As counterproductive as soda syrup is, the fact I brush like I mean it should be noted because my family on my dad's side is full of the so-called British teeth.

Fillings, crowns, spacers then braces, you name it, we had them. This predate the use of invisalign by almost all ages. When invisalign came out it was only allowed for patients 13 years and up (I was 12) so my mouth looked like it could run the Japan Rail. During frequent checkup, I would get iconic colors for the holidays (2 pastels for Easter, red and blue for Independence Day, black and orange for Halloween).

But the fact I went to two dentists who went to dental school together only made it worse.

One day, I was under laughing gas, but barely unconscious. I kicked, I bit, I punched and I chokeheld.

By the time I wore out their and my welcomes, we moved back to New Jersey.

Unfortunately, this has been on my mind.

P.S. I still have a crush on George Clooney.

Lab Assistant
#4087 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 10:39 PM
Neurologist appointment today. The good news is that it appears I have a nasty concussion rather than a brain tumor! Still sucks, but much less than a tumor would. I do need additional imaging done just to rule it out for sure, but I found out according to family members that I did have a fall, I just don’t remember it.

The neurologist was concerned about the possibility that something I’m experiencing could be a type of seizure because it sounds like it, so I’m getting an EEG in addition to the MRI. But as of right now, according to the doctor my neurological exam looked pretty concussed lol.
Mad Poster
#4088 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 4:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKYA
Neurologist appointment today. The good news is that it appears I have a nasty concussion rather than a brain tumor! Still sucks, but much less than a tumor would. I do need additional imaging done just to rule it out for sure, but I found out according to family members that I did have a fall, I just don’t remember it.

The neurologist was concerned about the possibility that something I’m experiencing could be a type of seizure because it sounds like it, so I’m getting an EEG in addition to the MRI. But as of right now, according to the doctor my neurological exam looked pretty concussed lol.

Gave you a love. Most of my childhood was spent hooked up or inside various machines found in hospitals. Feel for you. Let's hope it isn't something serious.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4089 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 2:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKYA

I hope you feel better soon.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4090 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 5:35 PM
I haz cabin fever.   I don't want to go anywhere nor do I need anything.  It is just the idea of being able to leave the house without worrying about creeping crud would be nice.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4091 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 11:23 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 20th Nov 2020 at 1:33 AM.
The new cases of creeping crud in my neck of the woods is quickly reaching 3,000 new cases per day.  There has been noise made about shutting down the local economy again because people insist on living life as they did prior to COVID.   Not to go all Karen or anything, but how hard is it really to stay out of each other's face?  I'm not talking about people that are catching this crap from their job, the people that are in nursing homes, ect... I'm talking about the bar flies, the people that hang around the gyms, and so on.

Anyway, with Thanksgiving coming, now people are suddenly in panic mode and are having themselves tested.  They didn't give a rats ass all summer, moo'd at the idea of testing through most of the fall, but now because there is a holiday coming, now they're concerned. Really?

It's because of people like this., my mother and I had the conversation the other day about when / if I would see her again.  To say that I'm P.O'd about the whole thing is a understatement.

EDIT:  I'm still grumpy from this morning, but other things have bubbled to the surface since then.

Why do people on YT think I should 'pay them' with my time, views or actual cash ( i.e-Patreon) when they so freely love to insult people?  They'll post videos which may not be insulting, but then when one starts reading their Twitter feed or whatever, it is there that they give zero fugs about what they say.  Their YT persona mask comes off, they show their true colors and feel entitled to live in my wallet?  On what planet does this work exactly?

I don't know of many people ( none to be exact) that pay other people to insult them, on any level.  If somebody tells me to fug off or whatever insult they can come up with for whatever reason, I'm not going to turn around and give them money or my views.  Insults are given for free.  Freedom of speech does not mean a person is also free of the consequences of the things they say.

Yet another mystery for the proverbial big box of other mysteries that have appeared over the course 2020. There has been a lot of head scratchers and the year isn't over yet.

Mad Poster
#4092 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 1:21 PM
The weather outside is frightful (it's snowing, maybe hail, wind, possibility for thunder/lightning later) and I'm just glad I don't have to go out. Hoping it clears up tomorrow when I have to go out, though... I'd prefer to be at home, honestly - takes a lot to give me cabin fever these days :/

We have several cases in the larger cities, but not a lot of deaths (most have been among elderly in close quarters). Few cases around where I live, but we've had some scares. The "panic mode" is toned down here too.
Mad Poster
#4093 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 10:08 PM
I'm pretty beat up.

Found out that a guy I like probably would find me to be too clingy. Or that I'm not cute.

I had some trippy dreams.

The story below has me doubting how normal life actually is for me and my family, but my father is pretty convinced of the effects:
My grandmother was known to be an empath, a garden variety type of psychic and pass down the ability to all eight of her children. My father, is, unfortunately telepathic, and can understand the thoughts of humans, but with humanity today, he wishes to mute it.
I myself have clairvoyance, but it's pretty weak. It has the random occurence of those visions on "That's so Raven" where it couldn't be controlled by force.

As far as I am concerned, right now, I don't care if I'm 3 inches high or eat cookies with writing on them and fill the whole house or drink shrinking drinks after crying it out.

I had a rough time lately.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4094 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 12:23 PM

Scholar
#4095 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 9:56 PM
Mildly anxious because I've finally sat down to "neatly" write down my notes form the last couple of weeks and realised that its gonna be rather efforty to get all these group prjoects done by mid december. There's four and the fifth one will be the thesis stuff. The first three are relatively straight forward, but still long and writey, the fourth is maximum effort because its on behalf of a real life company and if they don't like our report we fail and have to do it again (ew, no). Its just so ugh. But maybe it feels like that because this year has been so weird. Haven't really done much since I got my shiny piece of paper back in January, so I think my brain has forgotten what its like not to be asleep? On the plus side I managed to figure out the topic I want from the suggested subject list, so yay me. I don't want to write another one though, surely once a life time is more than enough!

Also I'm lazy. Why did I even enroll?
Lab Assistant
#4096 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 6:59 AM
@ Gargoyle Cat and PANDAQUEEN: thank you! I just saw your messages — I’ve been avoiding screens to rest my brain. I really appreciate your kind words.

My concussion is taking it’s sweet time going away. I’ll be devastated if I can’t take classes next semester. I want to at least take one... I’ve been getting very depressed, but according to my therapist, that’s also a symptom of concussion on top of me beating myself up over not being productive. He told me to write something down during our session so I wouldn’t forget: “you’re not lazy, you’re concussed!!!”

On the bright side, my instructors have been very kind and understanding, granting me extended deadlines for these last few projects of the semester. I’ve also gotten to knit since I haven’t been able to play games. It SUCKS not being able to play games! Of course I break the rule every now and then, but I can never do it for long because I get awful headaches and a feeling like my brain is melting. That means I can’t do thieves guild quests in Skyrim and I can’t play with snowy escape in the sims.

At any rate, I just want to get better!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4097 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 3:23 PM
Tired. I crawled into bed last night at 8:00 PM only to be up all night anyway due to nightmares.  I'll spare everybody the details, one in particular was really gross. On a positive note, I found that pillow case that I thought was missing.

I strip my bed every Wednesday. There is no reason for Wednesday, it's part of my auto-pilot routine. Anyway,  everything was washed and put back, sans one pillow case.  I've spent the past few days checking drawers, closets, the dryer, ect... Couldn't find the damn missing pillow case anywhere.  Last night before crashing for the night, I decided to check my pillows in the rare event that a pillow got two cases.  Lo and behold, that's exactly what happened.

The last time I bought pillow cases, I bought the envelope kind as I got tired of constantly fixing the regular type of pillow cases I have. They slide off because I use pillow protectors to prevent allergy problems.  I felt really stupid before going to bed.  The quarantine brain thing, it's not working for me, nor is it making me happy.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4098 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 8:23 PM
I have done all the stuff I can do for the time being. I'm waiting for the post office to sort packages so I can set rabbit up with her new water bottle and pellet feeder. Her current water bottle leaks and she destroyed her pellet feeder.  I also ordered bigger chew sticks for her and the chins. 

This morning I ordered groceries so I wouldn't have to deal with the Thanksgiving back log. In that order, I got disposable casserole pans.  I'm not making a casserole. Houdini has a tough time with their chinchilla dust houses because she can only see from one eye.  I've tried a few types of bath houses in different shapes; she continues to struggle with them. Instead of wasting more money, I ordered disposable pans. She can roll around all she wants and won't have problems depth perception issues, ect...  I don't leave their dust bath things in their cage, so there is no worries about them ingesting things they shouldn't. The pack of 10 pans will last me a really time as the only time I'm going to use a new one is when I have to. 

Sitting in front of me is what I'm what I'm going to be doing until the post office stuff comes in.  I've printed off a pile of NRAAS tutorials for my hood ( I've been using NRAAS mods forever. You'd think I'd know everything by this point, but nope) and I'm listening to Lofi Christmas Radio 24/7 ❄ Lofi Carols & Chillhop Christmas Songs

Shutting the world out for a few hours may prove to be a good thing.

Scholar
#4099 Old Yesterday at 6:19 AM
Language Learning.
I am terrible at learning languages. I spent up until high school in speech therapy just trying to speak English (my native language). I tried learning French, and my 4th year French teacher told me if I promised to not sign up for 5th year she'd give me a passing grade, because otherwise she'd flunk me. I knew people, however, who could learn a language and speak it without an accent. I can't imagine being that gifted. Something is wrong in my brain and I just can't hear certain phonemes, or I hear them but can't say them. Yeah, I'm trying to learn another language; Latin. They say it's a dead language. It takes me so long to learn another language, that will work out as I'll be able to talk to a lot of dead people. Sort of like what happened with French. I had grandparents who's first language was French, but by the time I could speak just a little French, they had all died.

Privacy
My wife and child both have rooms of their own. My wife has a she-den, daughter has her own bedroom. I have no room. I even started to make one years ago, but it was turned into a pantry. Would be nice to have my own room, I think, maybe just a little 10'x10' shed in the back yard. Then I could read a book or watch a movie. Instead of a room, I have noise canceling headphones and I'm hard of hearing. So, when I see one of them looking at me with a disgusted look on their faces, I'm pretty sure they are upset because they said something I didn't hear. Movies are right out because I loose immersion. I'd be watching some sad part of a movie like funeral and someone will pop up with a new cute cat video. Same with reading a physics book. I get interrupted with cat videos and complaints of Sims 4 game glitches. Yes, I know, birthday cakes don't age up anymore. Nothing I can do about that. Yes, I agree, that looks like our 2nd cat. I don't mind when I'm interrupted by something I need to do, like make dinner for someone or fix a computer (I was woken up last night because of a computer glitch. Try turning it off and then back on, works every time).
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#4100 Old Today at 6:00 AM
My day was boring... like "neighbor #1 whines about neighbor #2's grass being greener" and I realized that when you're left at home without anyone else, you essentially have guard duties like taking in packages or feed\water the cat or make sure she is inside.

I think the strangest thing today was watching a squirrel in the backyard steal a slice of bread. My father tosses stale bread to the wildlife when he finds it unfit for human consumption. So, there's a squirrel, half of its tail is gone and he takes an intact slice and climbs to the very top of the tree.

Page 164 of 164