Replies: 3767 (Who?), Viewed: 223111 times.
Page 151 of 151
dodgy builder
#3751 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 2:49 PM
I updated my game yesterday. It was just adressing these crash issues.
Field Researcher
#3752 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 12:14 PM
Does anyone else encounter another critical bug beside sketchpad?
My sims don't recognize recently cooked food they have made, they don't get leftovers from the fridge. Moreover, my YA sims can't age up. He blows the candles and went reset. I have only base game and Discover University, with 2 mods which are MCCC and Sketchpad fix.
Forum Resident
#3753 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompaktive
Does anyone else encounter another critical bug beside sketchpad?
My sims don't recognize recently cooked food they have made, they don't get leftovers from the fridge. Moreover, my YA sims can't age up. He blows the candles and went reset. I have only base game and Discover University, with 2 mods which are MCCC and Sketchpad fix.

LittleMsSam released age up fix today. get it here
Mad Poster
#3754 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 5:00 PM
Quote:
Yamachan from the newest pack, Snowy Escape, keeps entering my sims home uninvited and proceeds to visit the refrigerator and takes out a class of water and walks around the house or sits to drink the water. In gameplay, I am unable to "send home" or ask him to leave. This is also after adjusting the doors and their allowance features in the gameplay.

Quote:
Yamachan keeps walking in to my house and catching the stove on fire from all the cake he starts. Please can you make it so yamachan can't just walk in please.

Quote:
Turning Yamachan off has not helped for me. He is still showing up.It wasn't too big of an issue before. He'd just start trying to make a white cake, cancel the task and then stare aimlessly into the abyss of time before quietly leaving. But just now he burned down my entire kitchen while my sims were off skiing. The firefighters who showed up burned alive, but Yamachan walked away scorched from standing in the middle of an entire room on fire... He's immortal... And incredibly annoying.
The insurance company only gave me 1257 simoleons. Damages totaled over 7000 simoleons plus the loss of two lives. Yamachan must be stopped.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...es/td-p/9733342

Oh my!

This isn't funny and not everybody in the community is a jerk, but this is what $40.00 ( more if you live in Canada and beyond) gets people plus all the other bugs.

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
Forum Resident
#3755 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 6:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...es/td-p/9733342

Oh my!

This isn't funny and not everybody in the community is a jerk, but this is what $40.00 ( more if you live in Canada and beyond) gets people plus all the other bugs.

Can I assume this is an issue with those who chose to live in the new world?
Mad Poster
#3756 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 7:27 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 24th Nov 2020 at 3:49 PM.
I don’t understand why NPC role Sims are STILL having this issue. They have a limited number of tasks to fulfill. Why is this hard?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Smeg Head
#3757 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 11:25 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 24th Nov 2020 at 12:02 PM.
Maxis have probably not placed any hidden Appropriateness Buff blocks (Rendering interactions Inappropriate) to this NPC's Role State XML. Further to that, they have probably made new Static Commodities to actually push things like cooking when entering homes, much like those given to apartment neighbours in City Living. Annoying as heck, and the only way to stop it is to fetch out the Role State XML and remove any unique buffs that push this behavior, also add Appropriateness blocks to further cement what is banned, and finally remove the affordance link that allows this bringer of doom to enter the home as pre-invited, add the affordance link that allows the option Ask to Leave. And hell, while you're at it, if your modding skills are up to the challenge, why not throw in the Static Commodities for maids, gardeners, butlers, hanyman, and watch this NPC go round the house doing chores, instead of being an utter nuisance.

Or, at a pinch, (the course I would take) fetch out this NPC's Sim Filter XML, and prevent the mindless fucker from ever being created at all. I mean, does this walking menace actually bring anything worthwhile to the game? Or just there as a bumbling fool to guarantee damage to life, limb and property? Get shot of it, pronto!

Or at the very least, use MC to max its cooking skills, so it won't burn the house down during those uninvited and inevitable kitchen raids.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#3758 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mspigglypooh

Can I assume this is an issue with those who chose to live in the new world?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally posted by coolspear1

Or, at a pinch, (the course I would take) fetch out this NPC's Sim Filter XML, and prevent the mindless fucker from ever being created at all. I mean, does this walking menace actually bring anything worthwhile to the game? Or just there as a bumbling fool to guarantee damage to life, limb and property? Get shot of it, pronto!

All I've read since this pack was released is how cute and wonderful this NPC is.  I personally don't think arson is cute, but to each their own.

I think he looks like something I'd find in the dog toy bin at Pet Smart, but that's just me.

NPCs generally speaking are problematic in this game.  Yamachan takes things up a notch.  I think EA should be adding some of these 'wonderful' scenes to their trailers.  Some honesty for a change instead of their usual fantasy bullshit that is nothing more than eye candy for those that are drawn to such things. 

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3759 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 12:43 PM
So this NPC just barge in in your house uninvited, to do some food cooking? Well, I guess someone has to do the job, which would be fire fighters that we been begging for ages to come back, to start showing up because that's what be asking for. Probz Maxis way of saying "yall whined with them too much, so in turn get lots of fires that can be dealt with ".

It's an interesting "feature" non the less. While in TS3, and afai-remember in TS2, there was no instances of heavily tasked NPC to start arsons, this I guess brings more danger to the game, despite in a broken and irksome methos tho That's "tots" (totally) what players want when they are asking for consequences in the game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#3760 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 3:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
It's an interesting "feature" non the less. While in TS3, and afai-remember in TS2, there was no instances of heavily tasked NPC to start arsons...


Someone clearly doesn't recall TS2's infamous Nanny NPCs and their penchant for making (and setting the house ablaze with) Baked Alaska.


There's also the hidden Pyromaniac trait in TS3. Supposedly, you can only inherit it if one of your sim's parents was a firefighter, but I have had instances of random NPC spawning with the trait. One was a maid (she is no longer employed) and the other was the most troublesome burglar ever.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3761 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 4:47 AM
I admit, I did forget it (been a while since I played, so you got me!)

Though for the sake of complaint, that wouldn't really be my point.Well they're exception, because how else Nannies are suppose to feed children? There's a difference where an NPC that's dedicated to sort of take care of whoever is inside the house as a supervisior during a STAY, which makes sense as to why she is deliberately coded to cook, and where the other is being a basic standard nuance NPC with an aggravation glitch, bug or oversight in developers part of forgetting to flag that they're "not nvited" Sims, and therefor shouldn't do things like using your stove. Imagine if firefighters, repoman, burglars snd Vlad came in and after finishing their duty headed to fix up a raw meal lol.

As for pyromaniacs, I would argue ,(not that is really related to cooking or causing permanent destruction) those NPCs, such as maid hadn't that trait by default unless you tweaked something like the pool of which Sims get to become maids, etc.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#3762 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
There's a difference where an NPC that's dedicated to sort of take care of whoever is inside the house as a supervisior during a STAY, which makes sense as to why she is deliberately coded to cook, and where the other is being a basic standard nuance NPC with an aggravation glitch, bug or oversight in developers part of forgetting to flag that they're "not nvited" Sims, and therefor shouldn't do things like using your stove. Imagine if firefighters, repoman, burglars snd Vlad came in and after finishing their duty headed to fix up a raw meal lol.


Fair point. Though I would argue that Vlad is (in some sense) fixing himself up a raw meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
As for pyromaniacs, I would argue ,(not that is really related to cooking or causing permanent destruction) those NPCs, such as maid hadn't that trait by default unless you tweaked something like the pool of which Sims get to become maids, etc.


I never changed anything like that, but I did use AwesomeMod, so that might have been a factor with the traits getting assigned to NPCs. The ways of AwesomeMod are many, mysterious, and mostly undocumented.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#3763 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I admit, I did forget it (been a while since I played, so you got me!)

Though for the sake of complaint, that wouldn't really be my point.Well they're exception, because how else Nannies are suppose to feed children? There's a difference where an NPC that's dedicated to sort of take care of whoever is inside the house as a supervisior during a STAY, which makes sense as to why she is deliberately coded to cook, and where the other is being a basic standard nuance NPC with an aggravation glitch, bug or oversight in developers part of forgetting to flag that they're "not nvited" Sims, and therefor shouldn't do things like using your stove. Imagine if firefighters, repoman, burglars snd Vlad came in and after finishing their duty headed to fix up a raw meal lol.

As for pyromaniacs, I would argue ,(not that is really related to cooking or causing permanent destruction) those NPCs, such as maid hadn't that trait by default unless you tweaked something like the pool of which Sims get to become maids, etc.

Through NRAAS, there is a setting in I believe Story Progression where arson is allowed. I have it set to yes, but the only fires I've had is from sims with no / too few cooking skills.  I've also checked yes for things like sparing injuries and other stuff that doesn't come with a TS3 vanilla game.

Sims such as maids are supposed to be service sims. In other words, they show up, clean up then disappear.  Grim is a service sim; he's only supposed to show up when a sim dies, then not be seen or heard from again until another sim dies.

Role sims are sims where a player can control a sim such as with the fire fighter career.  I just found out the other day that if a player gives everything these sims need for their career, on their lot, they will progress through their career while not being actively played. If they don't have the stuff they need, they won't do anything or earn any money. Learn something new everyday. TS4 does have role sims, but the careers for that in TS4 are so poorly done, I rarely see people play them.

I don't know if TS4 makes this distinction for role sims / service sims or not.  Going by appearances only, the game treats all NPCs like role sims when they should be service sims.  There is no reason for Father Winter, Grim or any other NPC for that matter to be hanging out in bars, stalking sims from one neighborhood to another, ect... In the case of Vlad, he is neither a service or a role sim. Vampires are programmed to break in and bother sims while they sleep. 

In the case of Yamachan the Arsonist, he's not a role sim. I guess one could say technically he's a service sim as playables can have their pictures taken with him, dance with him and what not, but even that is a stretch. EA is intentionally blurring the line of what a service sim is supposed to be.  A player cannot click on the Arsonist and change his traits; unlike a babysitter with the klepto trait in TS3.  Traits can be changed with TS3 for service sims. As far as I can tell, the only way traits can be changed for service sims in TS4 is to have specific behaviors modded out.  I could be completely wrong about this and if I am, I expect to hear about it. 

Currently, the only way to get away from Yamachan is to move out Snowy Escape.  Whether he shows up in other worlds or not, who knows. I haven't seen anything about that, but because EA has the habit of saying things that happen with packs stay within specific worlds only to find out otherwise,  Yamachan may very well make his rounds from on world to the next at some point.

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3764 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 2:16 AM
Well, I don't know exactly which or what pool, but under NRASS mod's definition Role Sims are more than npc profession fire fighters. Grim Reaper does sometimes, but rarely, take a break during a break to go loo or watch a commercisl in TS2/TS3 before disappearing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3765 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Well, I don't know exactly which or what pool, but under NRASS mod's definition Role Sims are more than npc profession fire fighters. Grim Reaper does sometimes, but rarely, take a break during a break to go loo or watch a commercisl in TS2/TS3 before disappearing.

I never said that role sims were limited to fire fighters.  

Grim also takes a minute to pet cowplants, because who doesn't love a good cowplant.  Petting a cowplant, watching TV for a few minutes, ect... is not the same as hanging out in a bar for many sim hours.



This game of twisting words around and or saying things that were not said is boring among other things. 
Screenshots

Simgurugraham on the future of the sims 4
EA's strategy, when filling a long-time request for more depth, is to occasionally subvert expectations. - Graham Nardone
Footage Not Representitive of Actual GamePlay
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3766 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 10:01 AM
I preferred TS1 NPCs. They just got on with their job, and didn't steal stuff while they were at it. However they were a bit overzealous, so if your sim went to the toilet the maid would go in to clean it before they had finished then they both got trapped in the toilet and died.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Site Helper
#3767 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 1:33 PM
Another discount on Sims 4 items: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+4
Mad Poster
#3768 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 3:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
I preferred TS1 NPCs. They just got on with their job, and didn't steal stuff while they were at it. However they were a bit overzealous, so if your sim went to the toilet the maid would go in to clean it before they had finished then they both got trapped in the toilet and died.


We need this back so badly - NPCs who just work. Nothing more. I don’t need NPCs to have needs, a personality, or work shifts.

Noooooo... Pat Newbie is a real person with thoughts and feeling. They needs to have a lunch break and choke on their pufferfish nagiri they stole from someone and die in the job.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 151 of 151
Back to top