Locked thread | Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 1426 times.
Page 2 of 2
Theorist
#26 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Well I actually don't know your history ...


I know much of the history, saw the nonstop posts before the ban(s), the thread interruptions, and so on. This person is not being funny and clearly needs help for mental issues. She has been banned for her actions due to Susan and now has started right up again posting about her.

As said, I think most of us wish her well. She does have a problem and needs help.

Kind of wish a mod would just lock this and it will be up to the poster to see if she can refrain from further Susan posts or not?
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 1:35 AM
Obsessive behavior is not funny and can lead to serious problems. Especially obsessions with real life people, it can lead to stalking, kidnappings, rape, murder. Not amusing at all. Now yes, this person is fixated on a pixel character but what would happen if they ran into someone who resembles her enough in real life that they become fixated on that person. They clearly do not have a handle on their obsession and need serious help, which honestly should include staying away from all things Sims until they have gotten over the fixation. They need to find other activities that they enjoy and spend more time with real life family and friends. It isn't something to joke about or make light of, they are clearly suffering and need to step back from all Sims related things for a while, at least.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 3:10 AM
Pretty sure this guy is just trolling. Welcome to the internet.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Theorist
#29 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 3:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Pretty sure this guy is just trolling. Welcome to the internet.


In this case I do not think so. As said I have seen her posts in the past. I think this a person that needs some serious help.

I just suggested that a mod lock this as it is now all about the poster and not the topic of the Sim.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 8:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
In this case I do not think so. As said I have seen her posts in the past. I think this a person that needs some serious help.

I just suggested that a mod lock this as it is now all about the poster and not the topic of the Sim.


Yes, I need help. And I did get help. I don’t play sims anymore but I still go on modthesims when I miss playing it. I’m just sorry about accidentally vandalizing the Susan wiki page.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandelyn
Obsessive behavior is not funny and can lead to serious problems. Especially obsessions with real life people, it can lead to stalking, kidnappings, rape, murder. Not amusing at all. Now yes, this person is fixated on a pixel character but what would happen if they ran into someone who resembles her enough in real life that they become fixated on that person. They clearly do not have a handle on their obsession and need serious help, which honestly should include staying away from all things Sims until they have gotten over the fixation. They need to find other activities that they enjoy and spend more time with real life family and friends. It isn't something to joke about or make light of, they are clearly suffering and need to step back from all Sims related things for a while, at least.


I was going to say at least it is pixels she is obsessing about and not a real person. But your are right this could spill over into the real world. You may think how can that happen Sims aren't real? They don't look human but I've seen actresses that look like they have stepped out of the Sims. An average red headed woman might set her off. I'm not even going to even attempt arm chair psychiatry here or words of wisdom, she needs to really want or need to fix this . I've got my own obsessions with this game and I have an idea what is behind them and I tend to put the brakes on it if I feel it is getting too much. I really hope she is truly getting help and isn't putting herself onto a path that she can't come back from, that isn't going to end with her in jail or somebody dead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo5
I was going to say at least it is pixels she is obsessing about and not a real person. But your are right this could spill over into the real world. You may think how can that happen Sims aren't real? They don't look human but I've seen actresses that look like they have stepped out of the Sims. An average red headed woman might set her off. I'm not even going to even attempt arm chair psychiatry here or words of wisdom, she needs to really want or need to fix this . I've got my own obsessions with this game and I have an idea what is behind them and I tend to put the brakes on it if I feel it is getting too much. I really hope she is truly getting help and isn't putting herself onto a path that she can't come back from, that isn't going to end with her in jail or somebody dead.


I actually have already physically hurt myself and other people over crisis of abstinence.

Of course now that was long ago.
Instructor
#33 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 2:49 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojtek


Nobody does
(also the pic didnt show up )
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2
Back to top