Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: What do you think about TS3?
I HATE it!
7 4.29%
I dislike it.
15 9.20%
It's okay, I guess.
25 15.34%
I like it.
47 28.83%
I LOVE it!
59 36.20%
Where are the llamas???
10 6.13%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Top Secret Researcher
#476 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 3:02 AM
My opinion is that it's a stupid game and it's boring. But the Pets expansion and the Generations expansion look pretty cool . . . but I'm not falling for it. I hate that game. (And one of the reasons is with stupid glitchy Bridgeport, I just hate it )

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#477 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 2:24 AM
I have mixed feelings about it. I wish they had just revisited the sims 2 and made it better instead of making everything all weird. its hard to create good looking sims for me. I wish EA would have just kept things the same on the outside and changed all the crap on the inside. I like some of twallans mods but it's still not as great as the sims 2 was.

someone get me out of here
Test Subject
#478 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 4:37 AM
I can't really decide what to think about it.

The open world was one of the main things that was supposed to make this into a new, fresh and great game. But seeing how there isn't a darn thing to do in the open neighboorhoods, since everything that used to be fun is stuck into rabbit holes, the open world kind of feels pointless. The only reason I prefer it over how the neighboorhoods looked before, is that I get less loading screens from it.

But the game is still laggy, it doesn't seem to matter what kind of computer you have. There's framerate drops and can sometimes feels like ages to load a neighboorhood. And seeing how the graphics felt outdated even for the time the game came out, and there's plenty of other games with open worlds that runs extremely smoothly with a lot better graphics, there's really no excuse for it. Shame on EAxis!

As for how the Sims look now, I at first thought they looked like weird smudgy dolls. But with some really nice CC, I'm not complaining. The ones I make myself kind of tend to look TOO good at times. Silly, how I at first had problems making pretty sims, and now feel that all my sims turn out to be a bit too beautiful. So I have no problems with their look - anymore. Though the ones generated in the game still look dull, it's easy to change them. (Thank god for mods!)

Then there's the interactions in the game. I recognize a lot of the animations from Sims 2. Which is extremely lazy, as they didn't even bother making new ones. At the same time, there's not many social interactions at all. The friendly ones are usually just the same ones with different names, but nothing interesting.

And the items. Well, the few that they put in the base game! It felt extremely weird at first, after having loads of items to choose from in Sims 2, and so few in S3 base game. Come on, ONE coffee machine?! For over 1000 simonleons!? Luckily it's feeling less empty now, with some expansions and butt loads of CC. But still, I thought it to be very lazy to stuff in such small amount of items for the base game, just to then sell the rest ones for extra money at the store/stuff packs/expansions. I'd rather they skipped the whole Store business and even the stuffpacks, and just put it in the base game. The way they do it now are greedy as heck.

And lastly, the stuff to actually do in the game. Since I didn't enjoy building houses and fiddle with the interior at first, as there wasn't enough items to fill my needs and creativity, the actual gameplay was the main part to enjoy. And well, I love that there is traits, altough a lot of the traits doesn't feel very well done. I'd also like to see more opposite traits. We have a trait that makes our sims overly excited about stuff - but we don't have a "calm" trait, for example. So I do hope they fill up the game with buttloads of more traits, the ones we have atm doesn't always satisfy my needs. And some traits feel quite pointless, as they don't actually do much at all.

The base game was overall just about working and breeding up tons of kids. 6 expansions later, and I'm still far from satisfied. The part I like most about The Sims series is the roleplaying aspect. I love to create stories about my sims and I really wish that the sky COULD be the limit here. But the relationships between the simmies gets dull quite fast because of the lack of interesting interactions, working gets boring fast as you don't get to do much at all, and the expansions kind of have an end to them fast. A part of that is the questing system, as you kind of feel that you've "completed" an expansion and feel the need to move on to something new. But since I'm the RP'er type of person, I don't always WANT to move on, as the possibilites wouldn't fit my sims personality.

I don't want every person in my neighboorhood to be extremely famous adventuring vampires working as journalists with maxed out skills in painting, cooking and fishing. (For an example!) But since everything you do kind of have an ending to it, I sometimes feel prompted to having to move on to something else. And too often, I find myself creating a new sim just for that purpose.

I have to say that my thought overall sounds almost completely negative. But it's still a decent game, since it's a Sims game. I like The Sims, I just feel that there's too many things that they could have done better, and instead of improving said things they kind of let their greediness go first.
Test Subject
#479 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 6:17 AM
Hello Simmers,

I really appriciate all the CAS slider in Mod The Sims.

- Really new to this. .So if my post is in the wrong section I hope someone could kindly place it in the right place.

- Anyways, So right now I download um 15 sliders , Just wondering if someone made a hands size slider for both genders ?

-thx,
Test Subject
#480 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 7:37 AM
the sims 3 review
i dont think ea would have to make a sims 4, lol

The sims 3 has a lot of options and you can finally visit your neighbours!
I like the map view and customizing fabrics. It is much easier to build house and get that special color you want. Lots of skills and special objects. Relationships are much more clearer when you view them. The only annoying thing is the memories from generations and laundry from ambitions. Well, thats it. Id give the game an 9/10 . But be careful, once you start you just cant stop!
Lab Assistant
#481 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 6:09 AM
Well, since Pets brought back the Collections feature, I'd like to see EA make suitable collection icons for the store sets themselves, rather than just having the ones we were given. For previous sets,just offer it as a free store download pack, then for subsequent packs just include the icon with the set download.

(Boy,for being here nearly 8 years, you'd think I'd have more than 108 posts by now,lol)

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Test Subject
#482 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 8:18 AM
in the new Pets expansion, sims with high autonomy, even when their needs are in the orange/red, will choose to play with their beloved pets instead, thereby disrupting pet's autonomy as well. I really wish EA would fix that and decrease the interaction rate or however you would word that.
Field Researcher
#483 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 1:39 PM Last edited by starryeyedSim : 13th Jan 2012 at 1:58 PM. Reason: spelling
If this is the the thread where I can say things about TS3 that I dislike then I have found new reasons not to like it so much.

I have been playing (trying to) again after 3yrs of having it in my collection of Sim series games. First, I will say when first released i played it for about 3 months. Large family and all, etc.

I got a new EP for Christmas, LateNight. So, I decided to give it another try.
I was building (or trying to really get into building like I am into TS2 building).
I noticed things that irk me other than things already stated in other threads.

Place any wall on any lot. Paint it or wallpaper it. What do you see? The line onlong the very top of that wall doesn't get painted! Arrgh. No cheating or patches will fix that! It is by design.

Why would anyone want just one wall up? Maybe to place a dartboard or something outside like in the good ole days when you built cabin like lots in TS2. Try it, it will bug you if you are a stickler for things like that.

When placing roofs, it can't be painted like in TS2! Along the front of the roof, underneath it, there is sometimes a tiny wall in both games, but in TS3 it can't be altered! No paint. So you see a white line on some buildings. depending on which roof you chose.

Design in game is great, however, it takes me about 4 hours to build lots in TS3, find or make the correct patterns and colors for wall papers and carpets, and redesign furniture textures. Way too time consuming!

As I have stated before, I hate the auto roof system in this game! Left on, of course it covers the entire house, but makes the rooms way too dark when building. Turning it off and then back on and applying the roof with auto roof once done building the house, it may not cover the entire house! And some roofs (auto roof choices) are seen inside the rooms on the upper floors. No patch fixes this either.

As far as the EP I got, EA did it again. It's O.K. but Your everyday nonplayable Sim becomes a celeb (by how many Sims they met etc.) or a vamp. The next time you visit your world (any of them) you may be overrun with vamps and Celebs. Even children are celebs. The Celeb system set up is horrible. You become a celeb by how many Sims that are celebs or meeting 25 Sims etc. I know you all already know it takes a hack to end the spawing of your Sims all becoming Celebs, but yeah, that bugs me.

Wait, counters and bars, no corner curves! I can't place a counter on the end of the bar turned sideways to make it come around the side! If this available in an EP then I guess I will live without it. But this should have been a feature in the base game.

Appliances or really anything doesn't snap to the floor tile- sidewall, which is great I suppose for some that wanted to have a gap between a wall and an object. Maybe they can place a trash can there in that small gap but this also irks me. It may look like a quarter inch or more gap (not a full tile size) if this was placed that way in real life. You can move the object closer to the sidewall but you may not notice unless you are really into how things look in a room.
Field Researcher
#484 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 2:14 PM
I like the open hood but I have one more that really gets on my last nerve. At night, the walls half down etc, have a blue line around the tops of them etc. I really don't think that is my video card, as this is the 3rd PC I have gotten or upgraded since this game and TS2 series. This video card is an HD ATI card in the list of later video cards beyond the ones required. It's a 2D game, this shouldn't be like that. But I think it may be by design. If it isn't then I won't be getting another card just for a game I 'try' to play. Animations, have already been discussed, how the eat like a chicken pecking at corn, or how the walk so I won't rehash those. Still trying to 'like' it and play it.
Test Subject
#485 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starryeyedSim
If this is the the thread where I can say things about TS3 that I dislike then I have found new reasons not to like it so much.

Place any wall on any lot. Paint it or wallpaper it. What do you see? The line onlong the very top of that wall doesn't get painted! Arrgh. No cheating or patches will fix that! It is by design.

When placing roofs, it can't be painted like in TS2! Along the front of the roof, underneath it, there is sometimes a tiny wall in both games, but in TS3 it can't be altered! No paint. So you see a white line on some buildings. depending on which roof you chose.

Design in game is great, however, it takes me about 4 hours to build lots in TS3, find or make the correct patterns and colors for wall papers and carpets, and redesign furniture textures. Way too time consuming!

As I have stated before, I hate the auto roof system in this game! Left on, of course it covers the entire house, but makes the rooms way too dark when building. Turning it off and then back on and applying the roof with auto roof once done building the house, it may not cover the entire house! And some roofs (auto roof choices) are seen inside the rooms on the upper floors. No patch fixes this either.

As far as the EP I got, EA did it again. It's O.K. but Your everyday nonplayable Sim becomes a celeb (by how many Sims they met etc.) or a vamp. The next time you visit your world (any of them) you may be overrun with vamps and Celebs. Even children are celebs. The Celeb system set up is horrible. You become a celeb by how many Sims that are celebs or meeting 25 Sims etc. I know you all already know it takes a hack to end the spawing of your Sims all becoming Celebs, but yeah, that bugs me.

Wait, counters and bars, no corner curves! I can't place a counter on the end of the bar turned sideways to make it come around the side! If this available in an EP then I guess I will live without it. But this should have been a feature in the base game.

I personally disagree..I played sims 3 like hell..and i don't know why...i was wayyy to bored with sims 3, but i still manage to play it somehow

"The line onlong the very top of that wall doesn't get painted!" DISAGREE..personally, my ep and me was fine..and i can even change pattern..maybe it was a bug..
"When placing roofs, it can't be painted like in TS2!" As far as I know..I Agree, i think we can only change the pattern and style..but the tiny wall below the roof is paint-able..
"it takes me about 4 hours to build lots in TS3, find or make the correct patterns and colors for wall papers and carpets, and redesign furniture textures." yeah, its the perfect way to achieve perfectness...perfectness doesn't come easily
"And some roofs (auto roof choices) are seen inside the rooms on the upper floors" simple...doesn't have that in mine...for building tips, try to build from lower story, every architect would do the same..then try to create your roof manually..it works perfect with me..be patient though, sims 3 decor can be..as u say, time consuming (and nerving..I cursing every other time)
" Even children are celebs. The Celeb system set up is horrible." AGRRREEEEE....!!!

maybe some bugs bother your game...maybe
Forum Resident
#486 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 12:30 AM
- I really do like the game, but to try and get everything the way I want it, I have to get so much more mods, hacks and so on (for example, the dreadful EA story progression). I barely have any mods in my Sims 2 game compared to The Sims 3.

+ Personally I don't mind the pudding faces too much, since I don't mind spending a good chunk of my time tweaking a Sim's features so that he/she doesn't look like the boring pre-made Sims.

- Rabbit holes are the things which annoys me so much! I love watching my Sim walk into a store searching through clothes racks, talking to the store clerk, and Woo-Hooing in the changing booth in The Sims 2, but I can't experience those things in The Sims 3. I think I'll stick to the loading times.

For me, The Sims 3 is a game where I can create and customise houses, furniture, clothing, and Sims with their own look that suits their personality for hours on end, and The Sims 2 is where I play with my many different families, expand their life stories, and get immersed into a fun and quirky story. If only those two elements could come together...

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Forum Resident
#487 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:05 AM
I notice there is no EP6 separate section for Showtime, I know there are many people who dislikes it here on MTS, but every EP are created equal ^^...so...just some thought.
Scholar
#488 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
but every EP are created equal

Lol. No, sorry, we can't all agree on that.

Although I have also been wondering why SHT doesn't have its own section yet. Usually they go up the day the EP is released.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Test Subject
#489 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:36 AM
Sims 3... It's OK. Mainly, I just wanted to be able to do something when I get bored...

I'm just SO unsatisfied with Sims 3 Pets. It doesn't seem like much difference from the one they released for Sims 2 Pets... I'd have thought by now that they'd look MUCH better. It's impossible to create my cat too... It makes me want to cry.

The Sims 3 Pets should have the option of hair in the cats ears... Like this cat:

And don't get me started on whiskers.... Why can't I have massive ones? My cat has long white ones. EA makes making my feline impossible...

& The paws should be adjustable. Not ALL cats have the same feet. Some are floppy and some are small! Right?

What about height, too? Male cats are usually always taller than the ladies!

And what about Sphynx's? The infamous hairless cat?

Stupid EA...
Lab Assistant
#490 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 1:45 PM
this thread does not look like a venting thread, but if I may be allowed to express my frustration: WHY CANT WE PAINT THE TERRAIN IN EDIT TOWN????? and, why can't we put lots next to each other so there's no gap between them? seriously.
Field Researcher
#491 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 8:57 AM
The memory system is so stupid. It puts all the walls up in the picture whenever it creates a new memory, so most of the time the only thing you see is the outside of the house or the inside of my sim's office that is right next to the bedroom. Real nice, I'm always going to want to remember how the colour of my sim's house at night. Reeeeeeal nice. I wish there was a way to replace the pictures with pictures in your launcher cause most of the time when there's a big event (felt x's tummy, had first woohoo, got married), I take a TON of pictures.
Instructor
#492 Old 5th May 2012 at 5:46 PM
I'd really like to see more custom content. Take the clothing download section here on mts for instance. There are over 17,000 clothing downloads for TS3 but only 600 for TS3. I know TS2 has been around a lot longer but that's still a huge gap. I feel like TS2 custom content is so abundant and easy to find, but TS3 is completely lacking. If I had the time and talent I'd convert all my TS2 stuff to TS3.
Top Secret Researcher
#493 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 10:53 PM
I hate sims 3 but not as much as I used to as at one point I hated anything and everything to do with sims 3 in it but my hatred for it has lessend and I am giving sims 3 another chance to impress me with the sims 3 supernatural installed along with the other 2 expasion packs I own to see if sims 3 is any better that it was the last time I played it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#494 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 10:51 AM
Default Review
TS3 is a fun game without expansion packs or not, because I had to play without for a long time. I just got Showtime, and I am currently trying to find my Pets CD. I also love in every expansion pack that is identical to the Sims 2 (pets, late night, etc.) that it modernizes it and updates new things to the pack. I also like the new career paths, and what you get for being in a cool career. The new skills are amazing, too.

Overall, I loved the Sims 3, and I always will! There IS some ups and downs, how it may not work so well on other computers, and how sometimes they can't think of anything to come up with, so sometimes they do ridiculous stuff packs. Anyway, as I said, I love the Sims 3 <3 rock on simmers!!
Lab Assistant
#495 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
I'd really like to see more custom content. Take the clothing download section here on mts for instance. There are over 17,000 clothing downloads for TS3 but only 600 for TS3. I know TS2 has been around a lot longer but that's still a huge gap. I feel like TS2 custom content is so abundant and easy to find, but TS3 is completely lacking. If I had the time and talent I'd convert all my TS2 stuff to TS3.

Yes but many of the TS2 downloads will be recolours of the same mesh, we don't need that in TS3. I've tried to go back I couldn't remember how to build anything!
Scholar
#496 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 3:34 PM
I actually went back to TS2 about two years ago and immediately knew that I made a mistake. I won't go back to TS2. No way.
TS3 is better all the way around. Especially with custom content.
As lovingthesims said, "there are ups and downs with TS3", but I had more downs with TS2: object placing, aging (or should I say not aging), no create a style... I could go on, but I want to play TS3.
Test Subject
#497 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:09 PM
I really enjoy sims 3. I also enjoyed sims 2, but became bored because I had to play all the families in rotation so that they would age equally. And also I got fed up with the same townies year after year. The thing that makes sims 3 so much better, in my opinion, is the fact that all the sims in town age. It used to get so annoying when each generation of my family became friends with Goopy Gilscarbo and he never aged.
Test Subject
#498 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 4:32 PM
Hi folks, I apologize for ever, if my question here should be false.

It is about extending Supernatural.

Annoys me the artificial light to full moon really! Maybe a mod in planning, which prevents this light or have a more natural leaves?
I've already downloaded the mod for natural sunrises and sunsets in the hope that this will help, but None. : (
I hope there are a lot of nice users who might know what I mean and know what you can do about it.

Best regards, Katja
Test Subject
#499 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 6:11 PM
Disagree with me if I'm wrong here but it seems that the game has been left in the hands of amateur game designers You might as well let a child poke random buttons on a copier machine and see with happens. That's the only way I can describe The Sims 3 design team. And Yes, it's easier said than done when it comes to creating games. Although I love Sims 3, I think that the actual game itself is a test subject for the creator's to see where their going wrong in the creation of the game; and amending the mistakes by releasing patches. Well, thats my opinion anyway, and wherever another person agree's with me is another matter. I also think they created The Sims Medieval to make up for the things that didn't exactly appear as they should have. For instance, the appearance of the Character's on Sims 3 (namely their skin) look different when outside of CAS. I have seen a few texture replacement mods that fix this though, as the design team didn't really create a fix for the poorly rendered textures when playing the sim outside of the CAS setting/Surrounding.

I'm not victimizing the Design Team by the way, as it is quite difficult to create a game that runs smoothly on a range of different systems, computers etc. Even games with the most highest ratings have their flaws. I love all the features on the sims 3: The smoother graphics, seamless neighbourhoods, Sim customization, and for those who have World Adventures installed, the heat that emits off the sand dunes in Egypt.
Test Subject
#500 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Villucia
Annoys me the artificial light to full moon really

The design team cannot please everyone I suppose. But they should take our suggestions of improvement into consideration ( I think the 'usage sharing' button is how they use our game-play cache for future reference).

But I think that they should open up an official thread on the actual Sims 3 website and take the ideas from posters there! Or take a look through some of the threads here on MTS; because there are some really good ideas and speculations on threads like this one! and therefore, the design team will be able to please everyone of the Simmers by using 'their' ideas of improvement.
Page 20 of 21