Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#176 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Then again, I could totally be wrong and there could be no creature in this EP. Not like that hasn't been done before, even in Sims 2.

There has always been a creature. Even though some of them sucked: genie, bigfoot, etc. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Life_state

My point here being that there will almost definitely (99%) be an occult. And honestly, they haven't been as bad in TS3 as TS2.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#177 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:53 AM
I don't think the new venues are gonna be rabbit holes, I think it's gonna be something like clubs in Late Night. The description says "Create your own venue! Build a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium, or an indie club. How the stage is built will influence your Sims’ performance and career progression" so I think we are gonna be able to build our own lots, just like with clubs, and there are gonna be certain objects necessary for the lot to function properly and with all advantages, and different types of lots are gonna attract different types of sims, and different size of audience like a full on riot or a cosy recital, and maybe some types of performances are gonna be allowed only on specific lots, but I don't know, that's just my impression...
Scholar
#178 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
There are already rewards for sharing memories. I have no problem ignoring them

What, exactly, are those rewards?

I have not been playing my game much (for various reasons) since the Generations patch came around so I'm not familiar with the memories system like everybody else is.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#179 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lexylu
I don't think the new venues are gonna be rabbit holes, I think it's gonna be something like clubs in Late Night. The description says "Create your own venue! Build a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium, or an indie club. How the stage is built will influence your Sims’ performance and career progression" so I think we are gonna be able to build our own lots, just like with clubs, and there are gonna be certain objects necessary for the lot to function properly and with all advantages, and different types of lots are gonna attract different types of sims, and different size of audience like a full on riot or a cosy recital, and maybe some types of performances are gonna be allowed only on specific lots, but I don't know, that's just my impression...

Well, if they are going to make an EP based on only that, they better include every little detail possible to make it entertaining for the longest amount of time possible. I can't see Showtime being a "Create a community lot, place a karaoke stand, some instruments and chairs, popcorn and let's roll" type of thing. It has to have more to it.

But yeah venues are not going to be rabbit holes. Imagine an EP centered around a rabbit hole (get your sim in, get a popup "X is doing terrible. His magic trick failed, and he cut his assistant's head off by mistake! Your sim has lost 2000 simoleons") Lol.

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

The thing you have to love about the Sims community ----->Its creativity.
Field Researcher
#180 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:05 AM
If you share enough memories on facebook or your sims3.com account you get some outfits and objects, but I've never tried it so I don't know the details...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#181 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jcalispupo01
Well, if they are going to make an EP based on only that, they better include every little detail possible to make it entertaining for the longest amount of time possible. I can't see Showtime being a "Create a community lot, place a karaoke stand, some instruments and chairs, popcorn and let's roll" type of thing. It has to have more to it.

But yeah venues are not going to be rabbit holes. Imagine an EP centered around a rabbit hole (get your sim in, get a popup "X is doing terrible. His magic trick failed, and he cut his assistant's head off by mistake! Your sim has lost 2000 simoleons") Lol.

Yeah, Generations.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#182 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I think that Generations is one of the best S3 EPs, I use its features more than any of the others.

Same here.

Also: EA! Y U NO USE SIMLISH VERSION OF THAT SONG?!!
Field Researcher
#183 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Yeah, Generations.

Point taken LOL.

"And every now and then people find the bugs, and they interpret those as cool failures in the Sims terms. For them it's like a treasure hunt, you know." Will Wright

Instructor
#184 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 4:42 AM
Well I do agree that they're too big of a feature to make into rabbit holes - considering that apart from this SHT simport/passport feature it is the main feature of the game.
But seeing that "speshul content!11!!" screamed Rabbit hole, although it could just be a shell as was mentioned. An ugly shell..
But yeah, Generations and Pets did just that "Updates" in a rabbit hole - Prom, Races, etc. So my skepticism does have grounding, I swear! :P
Mad Poster
#185 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:13 AM
If you share enough memories on facebook or your sims3.com account you get some outfits and objects, but I've never tried it so I don't know the details...

You got some silly outfits, or hair or something. I saw somebody post what they got and it was barely worth the effort of pushing the "Share" button in the game.

I'll definitely buy this. All facebook-twitter things I'll just turn off, either within the game, or with a mod. But like Srikandi said, it's very unlikely there is not an option in game to turn off the online things. Parents would freak out if all their minor kiddies would go online if it's against their own value system.

The pool-table and karaoke machine I can use in my normal game, but the rest of the objects, will get less used because my Sims don't really live such flashy lives. Sure if somebody wants to become a singer or something, then fine with me.

All EP's expand the game even if you never use the main features that much.

I need to see the trailer again, as I've completely missed the plumbob in a clam thing.

If the supernatural creature is a mermaid, then even if we don't get swimming in this EP, there is hope we might get it in another EP. But it would be weird if we got mermaids but nowhere to swim but the pool.
Inventor
#186 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:22 AM
I'm buying it too. There's only one thing that would make me not buy it, which is the inability to turn off the social features, and that's unlikely like the others said.

I'm really looking forward to the singing. And I would love mermaids. I just wish the magic was more Harry Potter-ish.
Top Secret Researcher
#187 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:41 AM
What gets me is not the content. The content looks appealing and fun.

What gets me is that all of this stuff could've been added in Late Night.

DJ booths, microphone, fame. Come on, EA. You give us clubs with no DJs, bands with no singers, and a watered down form of the fame system.

At least before EA tried to hide their 'IDGAF' attitude. Now, it's all out in the open and plain to see. They must have really lost their minds with their blatantly awful business idea and compensating it by adding Facebook features. Facebook features, really now? That takes the place of actual gameplay nowadays?

Maybe EA needs to get rid of that hideous advertisement posted everywhere on Youtube, fire whoever the hell's responsible for The Sims department, and go back to the drawing board immediately.
Field Researcher
#188 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 5:48 AM
Everything that was on here is what I wanted on Late Night; DJs Karaoke Bars and fire dancers would have been better in Late Night... well at least this is some derivative of the Superstar Ep for TS1. I loved that EP.
Scholar
#189 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:01 AM

i believe(course i could just be tired)...a leotard jumper for women...a kids full outfit...a mens sweater...
a hot tub....computer...and something else which i can't remember right now...
Forum Resident
#190 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:13 AM
Well, if anyone had doubts that this EP exists still, the official forum has added a Showtime thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/fo...1B4A2031.015060

I am hoping the social features are optional though since I do not want to send my deformed sims to my grandmother.
Things I am really curious about are:
Are there any new instruments?
What will the creature be?
Will there be a new town?
Are the social feature optional?

Has there been any mention of the release date yet?
Mad Poster
#191 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:14 AM
Yeah, I think I'm giving in after seeing the trailer and screen shots, as well as reading the new info. I highly doubt that the social features are mandatory at this point. Even though I will always believe that this is LN 2.0, it still has things that I have wanted for quite some time now. I can't wait to learn more.

Do you think the Limited Edition will still be sold in stores and not just as a preorder? Because I fell for that gimmick with Pets with the way EA had worded things. On the plus side, I was able not to have to worry about shelling out the money when Pets was released, and I received it on the release day. I am still debating whether to preorder again for that case. Anyone else preordering? It's available now, apparently.
Forum Resident
#192 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:16 AM
Sorry for another post, but I just read that the new town might be Starlight Shores.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/473370.page

Edit:
It appears that it has been confirmed.
Field Researcher
#193 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:39 AM
I've been inquiring about the Passport or SimPort feature. This is what I've found out so far:

1. Seems that you can't actually send your sim to another persons' complete neighborhood, so you can't just go there and travel the whole neighborhood. It seems to be venue-specific, you can only visit other people's venues to increase your career level.

2. Directly correlating to #1, it seems (high emphasis on SEEMS) that in order for you to progress further in the show business, you are required to go to other people's games and perform at their venues to progress.

Eminence Grise
#194 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:46 AM
I've been inquiring about the Passport or SimPort feature. This is what I've found out so far:

1. Seems that you can't actually send your sim to another persons' complete neighborhood, so you can't just go there and travel the whole neighborhood. It seems to be venue-specific, you can only visit other people's venues to increase your career level.

2. Directly correlating to #1, it seems (high emphasis on SEEMS) that in order for you to progress further in the show business, you are required to go to other people's games and perform at their venues to progress.

Oh dear :/ If that's the case I won't be playing those careers. I am not going to use a game feature that REQUIRES me to pester friends. And that would make this a feature that folks who play offline can't use at all.

As for the "you visit people's venues"... what does that MEAN? your sim appears in their game and when they play that hood, they might see your sim performing? or... you take control of their version of the venue while your sim is performing? or is it all done with text like an opportunity? Do you and your friend have to be online and in the sims at the same time?
Inventor
#195 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 6:52 AM

If that's true, that is really awful. Like Srikandi said, what about people who play offline? This is not a Facebook game ._.
Field Researcher
#196 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:09 AM

If that's true then I'm doomed, because I don't really have any friends that play The Sims 3, not on my level anyway, when it goes to buying all expansions it appears I'm the only nut job in town...

Ok, so who wanna be my new friend?
Mad Poster
#197 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 7:39 AM
Hopefully there will be a mod to open those things up, or maybe Twallan's MC will have an option to give your Sim the needed boost in the career.

If SHT comes out in march, when is Master Suit coming? and I wonder will the autumn EP then come in september.
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 8:08 AM
I'm liking this EP so far.

Because it has a feature which is a major turn off to me. Sure the DJ booth, Karaoke Machine and pool table are nice additions, but it still doesn't justify the full price of an EP. Which means I get to save my $40 and spend less time on the forums griping about how shit SHT is.

And who is to say... EA won't be putting up new skins for DJ booth, Karaoke machines or pool tables in the Store sometime in the future.
Instructor
#199 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 8:53 AM
Someone mentioned that Parents would be all "rawr facebook for my minor kids" - kinda wonder whether EA'd take that into account considering it is M (here at least - 15+, I assume that converts to a Teen rating everywhere), so if the child is playing it, it's not like EA were intentioning for them to? (Does that make sense? I rarely make sense; it's school holidays)
I mean you're SUPPOSED to be 13+ to sign up for facebook, so shouldn't they be fine? (Note: Since when has this stopped anyone? Psh my generation. Tsk tsk).
I mean, they wouldn't be able to do all those things?
Don't get me wrong, my 4 year old cousin demanded to play the Sims the other day (never mind she thinks she's 14) so I know how difficult it is to keep them from it, considering I assume most grow up around it with parents or siblings playing it, so they'd be naturally curious.

Never mind most childrens shows/movies have worse themes than the Sims..

P.S- I do hope it's a turn off-able feature. I just got lost in my wall of nonsense text.
Forum Resident
#200 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:53 AM
Well I'm starting to worry...
EA changed their words in the Shotime Press Release...
They now say:

Players who enjoy building can customise their Sims’ stages using props and special effects to create unique venues such as a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium or an indie club. How the stage is built will directly influence a player’s Sim’s performance and career progression. For players who love a challenge, they can earn in-game rewards and accomplish goals such as performing a legendary show in a high-level venue. For players who enjoy experimenting, an endless amount of gameplay opportunities and choices within the game provide a vast array of situations for cause-and-effect play and hilarity to ensue.

I'm starting to thing that the stages are already built and we can only customise them...
I don't know what to think anymore..

This expansion pack seems nice so far... I really hate the Social Features... I'm not gonna use them so I don't really care.

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Page 8 of 73