Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#201 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
There is also an FP01 already installed, at least for those who have the Christmas set.

Cool. It'd be nice to have the old maxis freebies every once in a while.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#202 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The1996
Going slightly off topic here, do you think they'll release one of these game packs for the 15th anniversary? Like the best of the sims theme?

WTB Livin' Large remake.
Theorist
#203 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
WTB Livin' Large remake.

Only if they grow a pair and include the dance cage and cake dancer.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Forum Resident
#204 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 3:50 AM
Pfft, dance cage was from House Party.
Instructor
#205 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:25 AM
Come to think of it, TS1 did have a lot of cool and crazy items that for some reason were not added in the later games. The mechanical bull from House Party, the volleyball net from Vacation, and the Scuba Diving and Skydiving Simulators in Superstar come to mind.

Scratch the bull, as it was added in one of the TS3 expansions, but still.
Theorist
#206 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:59 AM
Pfft, dance cage was from House Party.

The first 2-3 sims 1 expansions kind of melt together in some weird soup. I was late to the party so I got 'em all within a few months of each other.

I just know that I loved those items. So quirky!

Forum Resident
#207 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 8:28 AM
Skydiving simulator was by far my favorite TS1 object. Remake that shit, EA.

Actually, I would be 100% behind them releasing a full Superstar remake someday.
Alchemist
#208 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 8:59 AM
There needs to be a new Superstar (TS1-style) because Showtime is awful
Forum Resident
#209 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 7:48 PM
I don't get why they're acting like this "Game Pack" is a completely new idea. According to SimGuru Grant, "...a Game Pack provides new gameplay features, new objects and new clothing based around one central theme."

Last time I checked, that's what an Expansion Pack is....

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#210 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
I don't get why they're acting like this "Game Pack" is a completely new idea. According to SimGuru Grant, "...a Game Pack provides new gameplay features, new objects and new clothing based around one central theme."

But they're the same price as stuff packs are/were rather than expansion packs, and there is less new content compared to expansion packs. So it is a new idea. It's basically a mini expansion pack, which isn't something that we've seen with the sims series.
Test Subject
#211 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 7:52 PM

I think it's about the quantity of change. There may only be a few changes and the rest made up by CAS and build/buy content. The game pack is also very specific, like it's not a holiday/vacation addition it's just camping and things associated with that.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#212 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 8:43 PM
Both Skydiving and Scuba Diving were in 3.

Skydiving was a rabbit hole. Scuba diving...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...=20130414123504

Much improved.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
One Minute Ninja'd
#213 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Both Skydiving and Scuba Diving were in 3.

Skydiving was a rabbit hole. Scuba diving...

Much improved.

When I tried skydiving in 3, that Ford building didn't even give my sim some special "I jumped from a plane" moodlet. I think their fun went up a bit, but not enough to justify taking up a lot for the building. That should have been a tipoff to how they were going to approach lots of potentially fun stuff for 3. Make some content sound really cool (I mean, skydiving, that should be cool, right?), then suck the fun out of it before release.

Scuba diving, however, was terrific in 3. Of course, that was after Shimrod put out a fix for the reseting cave bug that sent your sim back to land whenever you explored a cave. I think they eventually fixed that in a later patch, though, as well. So I guess they cared.
Forum Resident
#214 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The1996
I think it's about the quantity of change. There may only be a few changes and the rest made up by CAS and build/buy content. The game pack is also very specific, like it's not a holiday/vacation addition it's just camping and things associated with that.

Eh, $20 for some camping shit? No thanks.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#215 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 10:38 PM

Their new twist is...now it's smaller!

Wait a minute...
Top Secret Researcher
#216 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 3:35 AM
Eh, $20 for some camping shit? No thanks.

That's the whole point of the game packs they are aiming for. Last time, items like these they would've bundled with Vacation Islands, Sim-Fu and whatever other stuffs. And people complaint about having to buy an entire pack just to get a few of the selected features that they wanted. Like I basically only keep World Adventures installed in my game during TS3 times just to have Sim-Fu. Because after a month or two, the destination and adventure got lame.

With this new model, if you don't like "camping shit", you don't have to get it without missing out on any other additional features that an expansion pack might have. People who actually enjoy "camping shit" can get it.

But then again, of course people would still be complaining as you can't please everyone.
Mad Poster
#217 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 5:09 AM
i was getting the impression they were making 'gameplay packs' instead of expansion packs, but they're making them instead of 'stuff packs', right?
Theorist
#218 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 5:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i was getting the impression they were making 'gameplay packs' instead of expansion packs, but they're making them instead of 'stuff packs', right?

This is still not certainly clear, however, the GP's are definitely replacing the stuff pack price tags. According to the players who dug into the gameplay files SP01 is still listed, so we're unsure when/if we are getting any stuff packs. Nonetheless, there's going to be price change in SP's when/if announced, it'll either go up, or down; most likely (and hopefully) go down.
Forum Resident
#219 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilliandulcia
But they're the same price as stuff packs are/were rather than expansion packs, and there is less new content compared to expansion packs. So it is a new idea. It's basically a mini expansion pack, which isn't something that we've seen with the sims series.

Or they could just make expansion packs and stop trying to gouge us. That would be nice. Make fully fleshed out expansion packs you know like the sims 1 & 2.
Forum Resident
#220 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I actually like the look of Granit Falls but seems like you won't be able to live there. So meh

Meh meh meh

Yes exactly. It doesn't need to be a vacation world because you know we can go between neighborhoods like that. So why does it need to be separate? It would be nice to have more space for sims. Just make it a regular hood EA! Or at least give us the option. I fucking hate subhoods. HATE HATE HATE.
Forum Resident
#221 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Well damn...you good, bruh?

It is very annoying when someone ignores 90% of your comment to nitpick at one thing. Beach, Europe, Ireland, etc etc a nice wide net
Forum Resident
#222 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
Why insult? My point is they are doing something they don't always do. I know you said more than the beach but I was responding to that because if it were the beach this time around I'd be "Ugh..again." and it's not even summertime! I don't know, I love the idea of camping if it is done right.

You are right it is just one option, when compared to other vacation EPs that is lacking. But it's not a EP and not even priced that way so that's why I'm not comparing it to that. If this is priced at $40 then EA is crazy. I guess we don't even know the official price yet either.

As someone else said they have done the camping thing twice. So it isn't new. It is the same ol' boring thing they've always done. I don't care about the beach. I'm saying they should offer more than ONE thing that's it especially since "camping" is the low ball of a vacation. It SHOULD be an EP. That's my point. They are just going to gouge us by asking for 20 dollars whenever they decide to poop out another vacation hood. We all know that since they weren't built at the same time with the same ideas in mind it'll break the game every fucking time. I'm just tired of them making the same STUPID mistakes. Make expacks and stop trying to milk us. If you are going to milk us at least stop insulting our intelligence. $20 is too high for what amounts to a few thing CAS items, objects, and 5-7 new "lots". That we can't really even enjoy.
Forum Resident
#223 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 6:22 AM
Well you probably don't usually go on holiday in the distant future either but EA also covered that one so I really don't understand what your personal life has to do with anything here.

Considering how they seem to be setting up this "game pack" concept as a smaller, cheaper alternative to an expansion pack, it's not unlikely that they'll come out with a beach themed "game pack" eventually. My theory is that they'll release three of these separate holiday themed packs, to cover three different themes like each past holiday expansion has done. The info going around is that this first pack is going to be $20, so if they're all that price then that would be 3 destinations for $60, whereas releasing another 3-destination EP would probably run at about $40, like they did with TS3, and that extra $20 seems right up EA's alley.
Anyway, This idea seems pretty interesting, but it would probably be a lot better for people who only want a few of these packs, as it would probably cost a lot more to get every single one than it would to get the same amount of content if it was sold in larger chunks (a.k.a. the expansions we're used to).

My gaming reflects my personal life. If I could go to the distant future I would. I would be all about time traveling especially if it involved a blue box. I don't care about the beach. I just want more than one option if they are going to make a pack all around vacations. I mean one vacation world is pathetic. I don't want to buy one at a time because that's how you get broken shit. Their coding is already messy as hell I don't want them to spread it over 3-4 packs so that I spend more than I would on a regular expansion AND have it be all broke dick. At least if it is one expansion then it will only break twice. Once for the ep and once more for the patch. 3-4? That's 8 times my game will be unusable for questionable amounts of time. Even if I don't buy it that's still 4 times I'll have to suffer through patches for their broken shit that I didn't even buy.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 7:35 AM
I didn't see anyone mention this. but in the last update's files it mentions EP's, SP's, and GP's. Stuff Packs is a collection of crap, Game Pack is half of an expansion pack, and....well we know what an EP is. Actually, the "free" updates we've been getting were originally supposed to be sold. Someone (forget who) found a listing somewhere for a Ghost Gamepack, and a Pool game pack. When everyone gave Maxis and EA the bird they decided to release them as free updates. Now they have released the final free update and are in full "buy the rest of the game" mode. So.....yeah. They totally intended to sale ghosts and the ability to swim. Once I learned that for certain.....my dignity does not allow me to even think of launching Sims 4. Them throwing us a couple of free GP's doesn't matter......it proves that Sims 4 will forever be a microtransaction based experience. The business model of a free to play MMO, but single player and $60......to get started. What this means is that there will never be toddlers. They didn't make pools and ghosts out of popular demand. They were going to sale them to you. Essentially if you don't love Sims 4 right now....you probably never will.
Top Secret Researcher
#225 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tonicmole
Actually, the "free" updates we've been getting were originally supposed to be sold. Someone (forget who) found a listing somewhere for a Ghost Gamepack, and a Pool game pack.

If this is true, then I'm tossing the sims 4 out of the window... I hated this game well enough, and now this?! No more spending money on EAs SHIT! I quit from the Sims franchise totally.
THANK GOD there are still TS2 and TS3. After this I might as well play TS1.
Page 9 of 185