Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 11:04 PM
Default Creating Custom Gemstones?
Not sure which Forum to post on, but I was wondering if it is possible to create custom gemstones? I haven't found any cc in my search nor any thread related to it, so has anyone ever even tried it (and succeeded)? Does anybody have any idea how and where one would need to start to create a custom gem, if it is possible?

Ideally I would like to "copy" existing gems and recolor them, so that I don't overwrite the defaults.. I've tried to look through the game files with S3pe, but i don't even know where to begin to look for gems specifically. Anyone with experience have any word of advice?

Cheers.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Markymaxy
Not sure which Forum to post on, but I was wondering if it is possible to create custom gemstones? I haven't found any cc in my search nor any thread related to it, so has anyone ever even tried it (and succeeded)? Does anybody have any idea how and where one would need to start to create a custom gem, if it is possible?

Ideally I would like to "copy" existing gems and recolor them, so that I don't overwrite the defaults.. I've tried to look through the game files with S3pe, but i don't even know where to begin to look for gems specifically. Anyone with experience have any word of advice?

Cheers.

It's possible to extract the cut meshes - TheJim07 extracted, them converted them as TS4 deco here, although you would need S3OC instead of TSRW as far as I know. The problem after extracting them gem meshes is to separate them - they come all jumbled together in the same group, it gets... difficult to select, then separate them, even in Blender.

Now, modding the gems to add new types, I never saw it, but I won't deny I am interested
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deniisu
It's possible to extract the cut meshes - TheJim07 extracted, them converted them as TS4 deco here, although you would need S3OC instead of TSRW as far as I know. The problem after extracting them gem meshes is to separate them - they come all jumbled together in the same group, it gets... difficult to select, then separate them, even in Blender.

Now, modding the gems to add new types, I never saw it, but I won't deny I am interested

Thanks for the lead, I'll look into it!