Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 12:37 PM
Default Unroutable sims
So apparently some families that live on houseboats tend to get unroutable every night, does anyone know of a solution to this?
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 1:16 PM
Wait for EA to patch it (highly unlikely), or wait for Twallan to fix it (probably by the end of this week).
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:03 PM
I am terrible at remembering names, but I think I will start writing them down to see if is the same group of sims each time. If so I will tar and feather them followed by a switch kick in the behind right out of town...or if I am in a friendly mood I will just try to find out what the heck is wrong with their homes instead of tearing them down.

Also I noticed a whole group of horses on an island all with the "how the heck can I go there or anywhere for that matter"- thought bubble over their head so I decided to disabled horses when playing Isla Paradiso. Not sure if those horses also caused extra stutter like stuck npc's do though. I just felt sorry for them poor horsies. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:11 PM
Some names appear regularly, like Scott, Porter and Arias (family names).
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:18 PM
A lot of the unrouteables reported by Overwatch seem to be... either in error, or... something? I had it report a dog in my playable family as unrouteable when she was fast asleep on a bed in the houseboat at sea.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
A lot of the unrouteables reported by Overwatch seem to be... either in error, or... something? I had it report a dog in my playable family as unrouteable when she was fast asleep on a bed in the houseboat at sea.

Maybe your dog was stuck in a bad dream and needed rescuing? Overwatch is like a god, he comes to the rescue wherever he can! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it is Overwatch!

Serieusly though, I think Overwatch is still being tweaked atm and Isla Paradiso seems to have loads and loads of routing issues. Apparently even inside doggy dreams!

Don't you just love the fact that fans are able to make better worlds with far less problems than the official devs?

edit: I think your dog was dreaming of your avatar, I am not surprised he got stuck after that! :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
From my past experience Overwatch does not distinguish between Sims that are really stuck (like mysteriously standing in places one cannot go to or sunk into the ground) and those that simply haven't moved for quite some time. In the early times of Stuck Check it therefore constantly reset my mixologists and bouncers and families that were too far away from my Sims to be in high detail mode very often. So, this might be why your dog was "unstuck" without being stuck.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:22 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:24 AM.
A few hours ago I bulldozed a houseboat that suddenly had unroutable floor spaces. I couldn't place any furniture or build around them. I probably should have tried using MC's reset lot commands (don't know if that would have worked or not), but in my frustration my brain reverted back to the Sims 2. I found myself consumed with the desire to burninate the houseboat. My frustration compounded when I realized that I couldn't, since that is a Pescado Sims 2 thing, and sooo I just evicted everybody and bulldozed the place.

Other than that, I have found that my little CAW world that I tinker with is a lot more enjoyable to play than Isla Paradiso.

EDIT: The invisible 'socialjigs' are probably the culprit. MC has a setting in order to clear them, but I haven't tried it myself. I will next time, though.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:29 AM
Found several chairs in the game that were not snapped to tables (aka moveobjects) and sims could not route to them. (3 so far)
Found a bathtub on one the houseboats which was turned around backwards so sims could not enter it.
When it was corrected the toilet was in the way so had to move that.
Retired
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:45 AM
Quote:
Found several chairs in the game that were not snapped to tables (aka moveobjects) and sims could not route to them. (3 so far)
Found a bathtub on one the houseboats which was turned around backwards so sims could not enter it.
When it was corrected the toilet was in the way so had to move that.

Okay that's not funny. That's the sort of stuff that should be picked up earlier rather than this late. The chairs can be deceptive to the eye, but playtesting always uncovers them fast.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:30 AM
I have had no unroutable Sims so far at all. I have Overwatch too.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 4:37 PM
Which Lot, which Household, @fullsheet?

I've sort of have a call to arms post in my blog as I need reports like these to do the routing fixes (for any world, not just this latest Isla Paradiso) - Routing issues – report here.
It is this sort of reports that would be so helpful if I know where to look and what to do, instead of me personally trawling websites and posts to read each thread out there regarding routing issues. If I have to take time to do research, the "doing" part is delayed...

The threads on MTS here would still be read and I'm taking notes, it is those posts mainly on other sites and blogs and tweets and everything else under the Sun that don't make it to MTS, and thus not under my radar that I need help with.

If everyone could help me, it would be much appreciated. Much thanks.

Come on, EA! We're 10 EPs out! This shit is no longer funny; I don't know if I wanna cry or laugh.
Screenshots
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:48 PM
Bless you, Ella, for doing this work that EA has already been paid to do. I'll make use of your site for any routing issues I spot. I've had little time for play so far, but I'm having more trouble with the glitchy dive caves and the resorts that discriminate against self employed sims.

Those map images you posted are not very pretty. Are they really THAT rushed and understaffed to go through these maps carefully before releasing them?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 3:56 AM Last edited by fullsheet : 3rd Jul 2013 at 4:20 AM.
"The floating fortress" upstairs bathroom with shower/tub combo. The tub is turned around backwards.
The chairs were around town. I'll try to find them again with a new game. I felt foolish on finding it because
my active sims kept screaming about route fail and wouldn't take a bath. (note that when turned around
correctly sims still cannot enter the tub because the toilet is in the way.)

In the Arena
retired moderator
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:17 AM
@~MadameButterfly~ , is the houseboat you have issues with the same as @fullsheet's? Or different?

Thanks, @eskie227. I'm trying to see how they do those Dive spots and the kind of routing it has underwater; still digging.

And everyone, please, when reporting something, don't just say "some houseboat", "some Lot" or "this household", "the resort"; name them! So that I can identify them. If I cannot identify and I have to keep coming back to ask these questions, that again takes time away I could be spending on the "doing" part. As my blog post states, I'm no longer playing the darn game beyond testing for my mods and fixes, and so I don't know what or who you meant when you say "the Sim on that houseboat by that thing".
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:36 AM Last edited by fullsheet : 3rd Jul 2013 at 11:47 AM.
Well I'm not playing the game much these days. I should have been paying closer attention to where the broken chairs are.
When I located them it was by accident as I was just browsing the the new ep casually to see what was new.

This is not the first with the chairs though. In sunset valley at the landgraab estate the chess table in the living room. One of the chairs
is inaccessible by sims because it was moveobjects too close to a wall. After all this time that isn't fixed lol.

Hobart's Hideaway chair not connected to fire pit.
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 8:34 AM Last edited by babele44 : 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:27 PM.
The chairs not snapping into place is not necessarily the result of moveobjects, nor is the chess table that is too close to the wall. It happens regularly to me that the chair "positions" itself correctly towards a table but is just a tiny fraction too far away from snapping into place. It seems that there are two slots near a table that cause the chair to at least take the right direction. The only way to make sure is to pick up the table again and check whether all chairs go with it.
And if you place the chesstable close to a wall first and then the chairs, when one of them doesn't snap into place the game does not complain that the table is too close. This only happens when you try to move a "full" chess set, i.e. a table and two chairs. One chair and the table are perfectly fine most of the time.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@~MadameButterfly~ , is the houseboat you have issues with the same as @fullsheet's? Or different?

My problem had nothing to do with the Isla Paradiso. I was in my CAW world when it happened on one of my own houseboats. My problem has to do with invisible things called "socialjigs" that aren't deleting themselves properly, which then cause additional routing issues that can happen in any world.

MasterController fixes it under MC-Town-Object Stats-Local and then finding "socialjigs" in the list and then "flushing" them away. I've had to clear them a few times now, and my current game is only about two weeks old.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:09 PM
There's a weird glitch with Port Pleasant where sims get out of their boat onto land, then walk back into the water for a few seconds, then back onto land again to get onto their houseboat. Llandros09 has it here in his Island Paradise LP: http://youtu.be/uWNEF-r_Als?t=4m58s
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 11:59 PM
I am confused - I read where it was said that tourists and strays were disabled in this game - the strays were like WA worlds and city worlds, and for tourists it was a first time ep to have them disabled - so when I see posts about strays and wild horses showing routing issues - I feel myself going numb and wondering how this can be when by all rights they should not even be in the game. I received IP the day it came out, so I feel I have been playing it off and on most days since it came out, and true to the reports of it not having strays or tourists, I have not seen any tourists or animals with the exception of those in families - which so far has just been cats and dogs. Now I am beginning to wonder how is it some people are seeing stray horses, never mind being stuck, but seeing them period?

I know it was in one of the discussions here where a simmer showed the line of text in the programming that proved at least pets were disabled in the game - and also having played the game a good 9 days not seeing strays - it is very believeable seeing I have never once touched the option to restrict any creatures in my game and do not use any mods - so yeah I believe they aren't in game. Can anyone explain how they have strays then? This is also not the first time I have seen someone mention stray horses - but it is not something I am seeing very often. I did find out one report of stray problems though the simmer was not in the IP world, so that made sense.
One Minute Ninja'd
#21 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 12:16 AM
While this is not exactly a routing error, I did find one odd glitch with the new lot positioning system. I placed a 40X40 lot onto the 64X64 lot at 77 Paradise Road on the main island. I moved the lot to the right front corner of the larger lot. The house came with a basement. Everything repositioned just fine, but when I went to place a new pool in the larger backyard, I found areas that were blocked by "objects underneath". Now, there were no objects, and I started to map out where I could not place the pool. It turns out it was the areas of the lot that the original basement had occupied, before the smaller lot was repositioned. So, while the lot was relocated on the larger lot, and the basement was in the correct spot relative to the house, there was some residual alteration to the underground space that occurred where the basement had been located when first plopped down in the center of the larger lot.

I ended up building a pool in an odd shape somewhat off from the spot I originally wanted, but it looked just fine. I am grateful for the ability to reposition lots on larger parcels, but this does seem like an error that could drive you nuts if you didn't realize what was occurring.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Writin_Reg
so when I see posts about strays and wild horses showing routing issues - I feel myself going numb and wondering how this can be when by all rights they should not even be in the game.

There are a number of mods that unlock strays/pets/tourists for all worlds, one of them being one of mine: [Register].

It is entirely possible that those other users have mods installed that unlock such.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 12:22 AM
Ahhh, okay then I was wondering if that might have been the case - as I had no clue how to help them with something that should not have existed - thank you for explaining that.
#24 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 8:47 AM Last edited by babele44 : 6th Jul 2013 at 10:00 AM.
I came across this one recently: The castle of the Ichtaca household cannot be visited as Sims cannot ring the bell and get route failures immediately upon entering the lot. I think there are two issues going on: First, there is an arch as the immediate front entrance, followed by a small atrium and then the proper double entrance door. The arch does not function as the Front Door, however.
Second, after removing the arch (and the walls) I then noticed that the double door is not set as the Front Door either, so removing the arch still didn't make it possible to ring the door bell. (Sorry, I forgot to check which door is set as the front one initially.)
There are two ways to fix this: either use debug commands and set the arch as the front door (entering Sims will then congregate in the tiny atrium space, however), or remove the arch PLUS set the double door as the front door.

ETA: I am also frequently seeing Sims with route failure bubbles along the shoreline of the larger island facing the smaller one. They are not stuck, they just are unable to go where they want to and will leave after several tantrums.

Edit 2: So, yes, the Ichtaca door issue is two-fold in a way: because of the arch the entrance door cannot be set as the front door, only removing the arch makes it possible to set a front door at all. The only two doors that can be set as front doors with the arch in place are two small ones at the *top* floor. So, removing the arch without setting the entrance door as the front door probably confused my visiting Sim as then he must have tried to enter one of those doors three floors up.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#25 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 2:37 PM
I have a few questions, for you all to test and come back with the status, if you would.
I'm trying to collect statistics if a certain combo is affecting it or it occurs for a specific houseboat no matter where it is docked at. So if you get routing glitches like Sim getting off the boat at one spot and swimming around a port to get to the other side of the port and then travel one big round to the port deck stairs. Also, if this round-trip wackadoo is also happening when the houseboat is at sea? ie Sim aims for a spot to get off the boat/jetski, but then he swims around the houseboat to enter it but still from the same spot
  1. are these issues occurring only with EA default Houseboat/Lot ? which one? or, custom Houseboats/Lot - self-made or downloaded?
    • or is the issue gone with custom designed Port but an EA Houseboat?
    • or is it an issue with the port and the Houseboat does not matter?
  2. are the routing issues / glitches replicable (is that a word?) or maybe this is better: can you replicate this issue again with these changed variables, ie does the same glitchy-thing happen if we change out one thing like -
    1. same port, same household, but different houseboat
    2. same port, same houseboat, but different household
    3. same houseboat, same household, but different port
Page 1 of 3