Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 7:34 PM
Default Giving Away / Receing An Expansion Pack of Origin / Steam
I lately I been thinking of trying to look for a person to give away a expansion pack of Origin of TS3, reason being I have a complete on Steam platform. My two questions would be:
1. Is it possible to hand-off/gift someone an expansion pack you own to another user on Origin?
2. Is it possible for someone else to hand-off/gift you an expansion on steam version?
3. Check the rules, don't seem to find a rule here, but safe to ask than to be sorry: Is it ok to post a thread/ask here to trade an expansion pack of crossplatform with someone else? Or just giveaway a EP/SP through legimate ways (I recall there being a thread on TS2 section for someone giving away disks).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I lately I been thinking of trying to look for a person to give away a expansion pack of Origin of TS3, reason being I have a complete on Steam platform. My two questions would be:
1. Is it possible to hand-off/gift someone an expansion pack you own to another user on Origin?
2. Is it possible for someone else to hand-off/gift you an expansion on steam version?
3. Check the rules, don't seem to find a rule here, but safe to ask than to be sorry: Is it ok to post a thread/ask here to trade an expansion pack of crossplatform with someone else? Or just giveaway a EP/SP through legimate ways (I recall there being a thread on TS2 section for someone giving away disks).

1. No. If you own them, they're PERMANENTLY attached to your account and connot be given away or lend or whatever. You need to buy the game / DLC as a gift from the get go.
2. Yes, if they buy it as a gift. That means they aren't buying it for themselves and won't be able to use it or have it in their accounts. I will be added to the account of the person you chose.
3. Like I said before, it is not possible to give away an EP you got from using a serial number as those games are permanently attached to you account.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 10:09 PM
Ah ok. Welp.... kinda crap since I stuck repurchasing Generations, lol. The 5€ sale was very enticing for me to buy it without thinking I'll move to Steam.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.