Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

An Improved Thicker Transparent Wall

by hazuitokage Posted 12th Nov 2009 at 7:44 PM - Updated 21st Jul 2012 at 12:03 AM by hazuitokage : Fixed version of the set added !

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 10:32 AM
Please update these, they haven't worked since I updated to patch 1.17 I think.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#102 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jvardon
Please update these, they haven't worked since I updated to patch 1.17 I think.

Go read comments 89 and 82.
Test Subject
#103 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 6:32 AM
Default Thanks
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr
Just tested this in my game and I believe I fixed it. I simply re-saved the masks to dxt1 alpha bit 1 via S3PE and photoshop.

The file is included in this post (hope mods don't mind as I know we were getting somewhat desperate)

There is one problem with these and that is the diagonal windows are not seamless. I do not know why this is as the dimensions of the textures seems to be the same as the original hazui provided. That said, I do not remember if the original diagonal walls were seamless when built in walls and after further investigation I believe it has to do with the way default windows are textured in game. Hopefully hazui will come back and try making the windows jutt out of the wall. I wonder if that will fix that texture issue.

Thanks so much for this. I needed the glass walls for a conservatory/greenhouse I wanted to add to my house; and, I was perturbed when the original set of windows I downloaded didn't work. With your fix, I was able to add the greenhouse and now my sims are happy. Thanks, again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 5:40 PM
fxxking great thing~Thanks for upload~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 8:07 AM
woohoo, i've been looking for these forever!
thanks so much looking forward to seamless version!
Test Subject
#106 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 2:37 PM
Do You have problems with the fixed diagonal wall too ? I believe, that the length is not correct. I see the edges of the original wall.
And the borders of the normal wall are transparent, so I have a look through the neighbour rooms.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#107 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 2:40 PM
Hazuitokage...I do not run windows and doors in the game...! Why is this...? It will be the fault of the game updates...? Thanks for your reply...!Greetings!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:41 PM
For some reason this and the older version both won't show up! I place them and they seem to just be engulfed in the wall. Not sure what I'm doing wrong
Test Subject
#109 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZOIVII3IE
For some reason this and the older version both won't show up! I place them and they seem to just be engulfed in the wall. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

you need to download winzip. i kept trying to open and extract the file and it kept saying there was nothing there.. it didn't even look like a folder just a piece of paper.. eventually i ended up downloading WinZIP and extracted the file that way then copied and pasted the package files into the mod package folder and voila it worked.

btw im talking about the new file that someone posted to fix the issue. for some reason i couldn't extract it with my extractor. i had to download WinZIP for it to finally work
Test Subject
#110 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 5:07 PM
I put the files from the new zip file someone posted a few pages back in the mod folder. But the wall doesn't show up. The door and window do but I can't use it at all. It's like I can see the name but can't see the door and window. Someone helps me please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 5:23 AM
hey hazuitokage great job
btw talking abut glass floors plz take a look

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=353.0
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 18th Dec 2011 at 8:29 PM
uh, i know this is probably really stupid but... where are the glass walls? in doors? i can't find them...
dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#113 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 10:25 AM
The fix for these doors are on page 3 or 4 corapntr made them and attached.

Hazuitokage: I would really appreciate if you would update these and fix them for Pets too. That would be awesome. It's just great quality too them. I don't care about the diagonals not working. There is a lot of diagonal windows not working, but then I just have to make them square don't I?
Test Subject
#114 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 2:22 PM
Yeah, I would really appreciate an update for Pets as well
Because these no longer seem to work with version 1.29
dodgy builder
#115 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 9:18 AM
I have 1.29 and the corapntr fix windows works in my game. But I ran them through the fixer ...
Test Subject
#116 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:16 PM Last edited by Sunnaie : 24th Feb 2012 at 6:03 PM.
i tried this, but when i tried to put the windows in it didnt put windows in for me it just sat like in the middle of the wall between the layers.

dodgy builder
THANKS POST
#117 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 5:23 PM
That's what you need the corapntr fix for. Look above. It is NOT compatible with Pets.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 11:04 AM
Hello everyone, Im a new memeber here. And I try and try to download theese awesome glasswalls. But everytime I press any download or link to a download Google Chrome tells me... Ooops! Have I missed something in my settings or?

Thanks for help <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#119 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:30 AM
I was wondering if there is something like that on the site and I finally found it! Thank you a lot
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 2:20 PM Last edited by datass : 14th Mar 2012 at 2:33 PM.
diagonals dont work anymore, idk if they ever did. they just kinda make the center of every wall section transparent. only way to make them look like in the picture is to place em like objects with moveobjects on, but in that case they arent really walls anymore...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 8:47 AM
why does this to me ?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 9th May 2012 at 6:55 AM
i love it but i cant get them.... do i need another mod before i download them i have mastercontroller do i need a different one? thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 11th May 2012 at 11:42 PM
hi where abouts can u find the wall is it with the other wall or somewhere else
Test Subject
#124 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:39 PM
Problem!
Hi,
I have a problem the windows do not show up when I place them in my game. I can see they are stuck between the wall and all and the light shines in but the window itself isn't recognized by by the wall; the only other way I can use the windows is if I place them w/o using a wall with the *moveobjects [on/off] tool. Can you help me, many I'm doing something wrong in which i don't know about. =(

Thanks,
Harrytheplatypus
Test Subject
#125 Old 12th May 2012 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arisvamp
why does this to me ?

I have the same problem, are you working the game off a Macbook?

Sincerely,
harrytheplatypus
Page 5 of 7