Replies: 3857 (Who?), Viewed: 222366 times.
Page 153 of 155
Inventor
#3801 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 7:14 PM
At this point I believe a huge portion of the fan base would buy a pack centered around watching your Sims watch paint dry just to have the full collection. This is the level of ADDICTION we're dealing with here.
Forum Resident
#3802 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 9:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
At this point I believe a huge portion of the fan base would buy a pack centered around watching your Sims watch paint dry just to have the full collection. This is the level of ADDICTION we're dealing with here.

I absolutely agree
Forum Resident
#3803 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 10:22 PM
A thought just occurred to me....

It's been pointed out you can't bring any items to Batuu and occult powers don't work. Question is why.

I assumed items was a stability thing. Yknow, if the new world is really taxing, they can improve performance by limiting player inventory and the like. The vampire powers though is really odd and must be a bug, though it's hard to name a reason why the bug occurs, especially since it univerally affects all occults.

What do you guys think are the odds that this isn't just some sporatic, out-of-nowhere bug, but instead they wanted to disable EVERYTHING that could possibly harm the "integrity" of Kylo Ren and Rey?

These characters cannot be romanced even though there's absolutely no reason to restrict people from doing so. The only reason to restrict people from romancing Kylo Ren or Rey is either A) It was a blanket limitation so no one can romance any of the aliens, or B) because they don't want people messing with Star Wars lore by romancing and marrying them or something. Wasn't that "celebrity" in the Get Famous pack immortal and doesn't age? It's something they've done before.

Someone else pointed out they could not win a lightsaber duel vs. Rey and no matter what they did, she'd do a jedi mind trick to win any attempt at a confrontation. Again, this is needless unless someone at the team was like "NUUUU they can't beat Rey it's not allowed!!"

And then it occured to me: Vampires are the only Sims in the game that can actively kill other sims. They have that emotional bomb that can kill via embarassment or anger. Additionally, you can also kill or age up Sims via a flower bouquet in Seasons, simply by gifting it to them. Again though, you can't bring items, so doing this is legit impossible. If you challenged yourself to kill Kylo Ren or Rey....how would you do it? Every kill method involves either using a power (Vampires) or giving them an item. Like I realized if I was frustrated about not being able to win against Rey, I'd freeze her with the Freeze Ray. Except wait, that isn't allowed either, because you can't bring items.

Does this seem plausible...? I don't know myself. It's something I thought of because the fact people cannot romance or defeat these two in combat seems really odd and like there was some lore-happy Star Wars fan on staff forbidding these things to happen to these characters. It wouldn't be the first time either, since as stated, the "celebrity" they featured in Get Famous is marked immortal too. No reason for it beyond "we don't want her to die." Still, it would be really odd in the sense there would be other solutions if they wanted to make them immortal; vampires are resistant to emotional deaths, they could just give Kylo Ren and Rey a permanent +10,000 fine mood, they could simply make giving them gifts impossible, or what-have-you. There'd be loads of more elegant solutions to make them unkillable if that were the goal. Alternatively, it could also be that for some reason, Sims dying or aging up within Batuu might spark technical issues.

Either way the decisions around restricting all items from coming in, preventing romance and the bug (bug...?) with occult powers seems really odd to me and I wonder if there's a really dumb reasoning behind these.
Field Researcher
#3804 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 10:29 PM
I never understood the need to have a complete collection of dlcs.

But I understand that EA pulled every marketing trick in the book to enforce this compulsion. Every icon pack highly visible, the ones you don't have greyed out. "Limited" offers for said packs you don't have. Ads for the missing packs right there on the main menu. I can easily imagine people buying all packs that way. And there are enough who say, yeah, I'll buy it when it has a discount.
There are still making enough money with 50% off. Enough to justify another product placement dlc, make no mistake. Maybe the day 1 buys will be less, that's probably all.

I'm really curious how the silent majority will treat this pack. If this will do poorly or not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3805 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:24 PM
It's so strange. SimsCommunity made a video of what's in buy debug - there's actually a bunch of children's toys in the pack. If only they included a bedroom set for the kids as well.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#3806 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:27 PM
The easiest solution to this whole BS would have been to just not put Rey and Kylo in the game. Why? Why do they need to be in it in the first place? This is Journey to Batuu, not Journey to the Last Jedi. It's just a stupid cash-grab by some idiot monkey-suit at EA. "Oh look, you can go visit Kylo-Ren and Rey at Batuu, isn't that cool!? Hmm?"
Mad Poster
#3807 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
A thought just occurred to me....

It's been pointed out you can't bring any items to Batuu and occult powers don't work. Question is why.

...SNIP...

I think the answer you're looking for is Disney. I expect this was probably outside of EA's direct control.
I would imagine Disney are extremely protective over their IPs and would have set out some rules for what they deem allowable or not when concerning their characters.
Kind of like how Nintendo get about Mario.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Inventor
#3808 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 12:03 AM
I don't know if you heard guys, but LGR is DONE with The Sims 4 and the franchise. He won't review this pack. He bought it, played for an hour, and decided it was a waste of time. He'll still review expansion packs, but he's done with fluffy packs.

https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews...336772311691266

They did it. They broke LGR with so many god-awful packs. This is honestly so sad. He's one of the biggest Maxis fans out there and he just couldn't cope with so many terrible packs. I could tell he was done with The Sims 4 after his Nifty Knitting review video. He even said that TS4 has far overstayed its welcome. I really hope this is as bad as it gets for the series.
Scholar
#3809 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 1:39 AM
Too bad. But I get it. There are better ways to spend a day than putting together a review that could be done with snippets from previous ones.
Boring, no repeat value, doesn't work, glitchy, too expensive, not enough content for the price.

It's more or less always the same.
Theorist
#3810 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 1:45 AM
Quote:
I don't know if you heard guys, but LGR is DONE with The Sims 4 and the franchise. He won't review this pack. He bought it, played for an hour, and decided it was a waste of time. He'll still review expansion packs, but he's done with fluffy packs.

https://twitter.com/lazygamereviews...336772311691266

They did it. They broke LGR with so many god-awful packs. This is honestly so sad. He's one of the biggest Maxis fans out there and he just couldn't cope with so many terrible packs. I could tell he was done with The Sims 4 after his Nifty Knitting review video. He even said that TS4 has far overstayed its welcome. I really hope this is as bad as it gets for the series.

This really shows the state of things. Very sad. EA will need to up their game quite a bit, if even possible, to draw back players who have lost interest in 4. Like me.
Mad Poster
#3811 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 1:56 AM
For people that don't think developers are shoving their stories, this pack is evidential of it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#3812 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:09 AM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3813 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:29 AM
the shade ... the DRAMA of it all

Scholar
#3814 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 6:01 AM
Well TS4 started in disaster, now it's going to end in disaster.

As for in-between, it had potential, but for the aggressive marketing, people throwing money for rubbish packs, shows quality/gameplay/functionality is no longer important.
Inventor
#3815 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 6:36 AM
The fact Journey to Batuu is currently one of the best selling games on Steam and Origin makes me want to puke. Pardon my French, but WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COMMUNITY? What does it take for people not to buy a pack?!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3816 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 12:15 PM
Are we sure they didn’t pay to put that there for marketing purposes? Reception bas been awful since launch.

I’m sure someone is all over this, but I’m not going to pretend like it’s the best pack ever.

Mad Poster
#3817 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 1:19 PM
It's not the best pack ever anyone whom isn't a diehard TS4 can see that. Let's not pretend that people are stupid. I showed the new pack to my brother who is both a big TS4 nerd and a Star Wars fan and even he said this pack was a stupid cash grab by Maxis, He wasn't okay with that how vapid this pack is How bad is portrayed Stars Wars.

Join Discord
Keep up with what your friends say and what they play at the MTS discord channel.
https://discord.gg/3KY7SXP

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Mad Poster
#3818 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 2:39 PM
Quote:
The fact Journey to Batuu is currently one of the best selling games on Steam and Origin makes me want to puke. Pardon my French, but WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS COMMUNITY? What does it take for people not to buy a pack?!

You can't keep people from buying things, even if it is in their best interest not to buy said things. The more people say 'Don't buy it!" the more the other side is going to dig in their heels.  The good part about this whole thing is we are only talking about a game pack here versus something serious like trying to convince a person wanting to buy a house not to do so when they are up to their eyeballs in debt and have no savings.

This is going to play out the same way Stranger Danger did.  Those that bought it will play through the story line even though they are supposed to be able to tell their own story. After the new and shiny wears off in a week or so, the complaints about being bored and or second guessing the purchase decision will start.

If you want another example of what buyers remorse / being impulsive looks like, take a look at what EA did with UFC 4.

The game came out; was ad free. Two weeks later or past the review period, EA not only added ads, but they added ads that take up the whole screen so a player cannot see what is going on.

As a side note, the ads are from Amazon. Anybody remember the conversation when they added the sims version of Alexa to TS4 and people were suspicious about EA crawling into bed with Amazon?  There was a reason a large swath of the sims community was suspicious. It's because EA is in bed with Amazon even through gurus swore up and down that the whole thing was a mere coincidence. Yeah, no.  I digress.

EA Pisses Off UFC 4 Players By Sneaking Disruptive In-Game Ads 2 Weeks After Launch & Reviews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3E...channel=YongYea

For those that don't want to watch the video, EA had their butts handed back to them and gave their usual mealy, boilerplate excuses and 'apology' which isn't a apology at all as they tested these types of ads before the game was released.  Now the ads have gone away, for now. 

People keep insisting on playing with snakes [EA] and clearly they haven't been bitten enough. The same applies for the sims community. The EA snakes don't care that they bite the hands that 'feed them'.

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV
Lion, Rhino, Camel
Field Researcher
#3819 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 3:22 PM
Quote:

A little too soon to get upset IMO. It doesn’t take much to top Origin sales charts, and as far as I can tell it has not charted on Steam at all. It’s in the “new and trending” tab, but that isn’t based on purchases.
Forum Resident
#3820 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 5:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Well TS4 started in disaster, now it's going to end in disaster.

As for in-between, it had potential, but for the aggressive marketing, people throwing money for rubbish packs, shows quality/gameplay/functionality is no longer important.

Honestly they could've made Vampires, Parenthood, GTW's Scientist Career, Seasons and Get Famous and then called it a day before getting to work on Sims 5 and the game would probably still feel more or less the same. Those are the only features I can think of that were created that actually looked/felt meaningful.

That's like 5 packs out of the 38 or so they've released...
Scholar
DELETED POST
9th Sep 2020 at 8:20 PM
This message has been deleted by Emmett Brown. Reason: You'd think I could do math by now.
Forum Resident
#3821 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 8:54 PM
Quote:

Evidence of Stockholm maybe? Lol

But on a serious note I'm not even surprised. This is why the game is where it is today and this is why I personally am done. And I'm not trying to say I wasnt apart of it before because I was. I was part of the reason too. And I became an enabler for them to end up coming to this point. I kept giving them the benefit of the doubt in the past and look where we are now. This game is the worst in the franchise and Idgaf who tries to convince me other wise. I've been simming for a LONG time and have no problem shouting it from the roof tops! ITS THE WEAKEST AND WORST SIMS GAME! And quite frankly I'm about ready for this embarrassment to be done and over it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3822 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 10:06 PM
Yeah, for Steam you want top of "Top Sellers." Nothing related to Sims 4 is currently on that list.
Mad Poster
#3823 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
Honestly they could've made Vampires, Parenthood, GTW's Scientist Career, Seasons and Get Famous and then called it a day before getting to work on Sims 5 and the game would probably still feel more or less the same. Those are the only features I can think of that were created that actually looked/felt meaningful.

That's like 5 packs out of the 38 or so they've released...

I don't know about Parenthood being meaningful. I feel like my choices don't really matter much and Sims grow up to be the same. Plus the constant spam about anger issues, without me being able to do anything other than click okay, gets rather stale after a while.

Personally thought Get Together was more useful for my play style than parenthood. With Get Together I make a cult out of anything and offered me a little bit of control on NPCs that were in my cult.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Test Subject
#3824 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 9:40 AM Last edited by karenh3 : 10th Sep 2020 at 5:33 PM.
I'm a longtime Sims player, since the TS2 days. I play with just about all packs except Vampires, ROM, and My Pet Stuff, and I have zero interest in the Star Wars pack. But I watched this video review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sigf-YL7PY&t=534s just to get a look at what the gameplay is like. Now I am 100% convinced I made the right decision in skipping this pack! Much better to avoid it entirely than to pay money for it, download it, and quickly discover that I didn't really want it in the first place. (That's what I did with Strangerville, and I have regretted it ever since.)
Test Subject
#3825 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 3:08 PM
I'm more interested in what modders will do with the Batuu setting, or if they will just pretend it doesn't exist.
Page 153 of 155