2 people viewing
Replies: 10011 (Who?), Viewed: 400495 times.
Page 401 of 401
Mad Poster
#10001 Old Yesterday at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
P.S. I've just noticed that this is the 10,000th post in this thread that I started nearly five years ago!

Awww, your little baby's growing up so fast!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#10002 Old Yesterday at 1:46 AM
Quote:
The "double houses" in Veronaville have always kind of puzzled me.

I would turn them into apartments so that two families could live there, do you have Apartment life?

Quote:
P.S. I've just noticed that this is the 10,000th post in this thread that I started nearly five years ago!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Field Researcher
#10003 Old Yesterday at 2:07 AM
I really wanted to use a sim I haven't used for years, finally found the simspack, loaded her in Bodyshop where she looked great, then went into the game. She didn't show up in CAS. Very confused, I went out, went into another neighborhood, tried again. No sim. Reset the whole damned game (renamed the Doc Sims game file name), put her in by herself and tried again. Nothing. Very sad now, convinced something was just corrupt and hopeless and I was going to have to try to recreate her, I put everything back and went back into Bodyshop to start the recreation when I discovered....she was a Young Adult. It had been so many years I forgot why I created her in the first place and never once even glanced at her age.
Field Researcher
#10004 Old Yesterday at 2:11 AM
Quote:
The "double houses" in Veronaville have always kind of puzzled me. Maybe they made sense in the 16th and 17th centuries when they were built -- servants' quarters, or a dower house? -- but how does a modern family use them. Especially bearing in mind that they're all grade 1 listed buildings in a conservation area -- it's hard to get planning permission to make substantial changes. But I've found a use for them now. When I had a Sim with 'flu, by far the easiest way to isolate him was to send him to bed in the smaller house, while the rest of the family went about their lives in the main house.

Woowoo! 10000. That's impressive.

I don't play Veronaville, but I do have a couple lots divided into two houses and enjoy then.

For instance, the Gavigans are Modest Sims (sort of a religious order in Pleasantview that requires Sims to dress a certain way, have few electronics at home, have one parent stay home while the other works). As part of their culture, a Sim should always live with family. But Karen Gast has no family, so she is living in a small house attached to the bigger house. They took her into the family, but she still has independence.

I'm probably going to build a small house for Jessica Picaso at her son's unless the votes on my thread change directions drastically too. Together but independent.
Top Secret Researcher
#10005 Old Yesterday at 2:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
"I can't believe I'm on generation four of Veronaville already with Edward and Jacob... wait. Edward... and Jacob... Edward and Ja- OH MY GOD"
For the record this was unintentional.

WAIT I JUST REALIZED
I NAMED BIANCA'S DAUGHTER BELLA AFTER ISABELLA
I'M

When I was first playing Sims 2 as a kid, when it was freshly released I had Cassandra Goth married Darren Dreamer gave birth to a daughter whom I named Bella Dreamer after Cassandra's mother. Meanwhile Don and Nina had a son whom I named Ron. By the time Bella and Ron were teens Nightlife was released I was going through a vampire phase, so I made Ron a vampire. And of course I paired off Bella with Ron the Vampire.
It was one of the story lines I repeated almost every time I play Pleasantview (though these days it's Bella Landgraab and Diego Lothario) but it took me an embarrassingly long time to realized that I was routinely pairing off a girl named Bella with a teenaged vampire
Though tbf I'm pretty sure this was before Twilight and I had Buffy and Angel in mind rather than Bella and Edward.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#10006 Old Yesterday at 3:48 AM
I have no motivation for any of my projects, and that always makes me feel bad since I know some people really like seeing new posts of mine...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#10007 Old Yesterday at 9:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
I have no motivation for any of my projects, and that always makes me feel bad since I know some people really like seeing new posts of mine...

While I am definitely a fan of your majestic builds, I also understand lacking motivation for building. Your builds wouldn't be half as amazing if you just built without desire, inspiration or a plan. I know mine could look better and I have used your dedication and care as inspiration from time to time.
Mad Poster
#10008 Old Yesterday at 12:32 PM
Quote:

Why don't you play for a while and see where that takes you.
Mad Poster
#10009 Old Yesterday at 4:21 PM Last edited by FranH : Today at 12:09 PM.
Quote:

Just a hint-go into your game and ask yourself, "what building have I not built yet?"

Versailles comes to mind for me..but the game would probably collapse and die from the sheer size of it.

Lord knows, I've tried-but everything over 3x3 size makes it lag unbelievably.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#10010 Old Yesterday at 4:52 PM
@Zarathustra -I've been lacking inspriration to play so I just went into the game to start building more apartment lots because I've been lacking enough up to date options in my game and would love to not have to keep editing them every time I place one down.I also started playing a BACC to build up a town and came up with some ideas for story and drama suitable for a small community just starting out.

I can't wait for winter to begin in Dodge so I can see how this one will turn out.
Scholar
#10011 Old Today at 1:57 AM
managed to build a house with a foundation and an attached garage! I know this is ho-hum for most of you but it's my first and I couldn't be prouder. It's still a bit boxy to look at but I've come a very long way from the boring boxes with hipped roofs I usually build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapshot.jpg (791.1 KB, 23 downloads)
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#10012 Old Today at 10:08 AM
Well done @Clashfan , split levels are tricky! Especially the lighting.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Page 401 of 401