Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#1576 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 4:44 AM
There's also still hope for a university EP, and I don't know, after finally getting Magic and Seasons I don't have much doubt that we'll also get University.

Quote:
.@netjie77 No, and I'm not really sure where people get that connection. You couldn't go to boarding school - that was the entire point of it =P RT @netjie77 @SimGuruGraham Does that mean that Generations was like University because of graduation and boarding school? I really hope not!! We want U!

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/iuvt18
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1577 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 6:33 AM
I'd love to see a business + vacation EP, as well as a University EP which allowed for more than young adult sims to attend Uni. (For example, prodigy youngsters or teens can attend college classes while still living at home with their parents.) It would be nice if unis was added to current hoods, rather than creating a new college world; though I wonder if you could use Twallan's traveler mod to travel to any world and use that as your college location, then move back to your original world to settle down...?

Hardcore farming would also be nice...

And maybe a fair/theme park/carnival EP, with lots of rides and stuff. (Though we already have or are getting some of this, like the hot dog venders and arcade games...)

I'd also like to see a "Just Starting Out" SP to go along with a Uni EP or for your starter sims, which contains plenty of cheap furniture and accessories. It doesn't all have to look like crap, though that could be good. Maybe you could use handiness/creative/artistic skills to improve the appearance and usefulness of items. (Think reupholstering sofas and chairs, or refinishing tables and other wood furniture.) So you could start off with a piece which looks terrible -- say, a sofa covered with duct tape to keep holes in the upholstery from getting worse -- and as your sim gains skill, they can fix the sofa to be covered in better fabric. All that could easily be done with stencils and such which could be removed as the item is improved; in other words, no need for new meshes. Broken down furniture -- sofas with sagging cushions or chairs with wobbly legs -- would require new meshes, but they'd be such fun! (And EA could use existing basegame meshes to make the broken down version which the new piece turns into once repaired...)

A full-on sports/leisure activities EP, like Free Time, except better. With more activities -- baseball, football, field hockey, tennis. Sports which can be done individually, played head-to-head, or with teams. Also ballet and other dance types, more instruments (as for a school band).

I'd like to see an EP or new Store worlds which take us to places like New Orleans, New York, Paris (the French world in WA doesn't count!), or other places which for some simmers wouldn't necessarily be exotic, but for some of us would.

I'd also love to see an EP which is set sometime in the past, like Munich in the 18th Century, where your sims not only have the ability to live in the past, but maybe solve some kind of mystery... They could even meet sim versions of famous historic figures of the time.
Forum Resident
#1578 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
*cue old survey images of the business + vacation combo EP*

If they did release that Island Time EP and added full restaurants to it, I think I'd be happier than when the Seasons trailer came out.

I'd also love to see more leisure activities, particularly group activities with 5 or more Sims. It could work like outings did in TS3 where a dialog box pulled up a list of your friends and you selected who you wanted. Then they could all meet up at the basketball court or football field and play together. Or you could set up a team and then just "Practice with team" or even play other NPC teams.
Mad Poster
#1579 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 9:09 PM
Where's the island time name coming from? I'm usually up to date on everything, but this is news to me.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#1580 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 9:15 PM
Oh, just from me, it's not a thing. I just called it that because the idea is based on an island and they mentioned something about "island time" in the survey.
Scholar
#1581 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 10:03 PM
I thought this response from SimGuruGraham yesterday was interesting:

.@edenabbi You travel in each of them, but as people have rightly pointed out, World Adventures has a big focus on tomb exploration and well... adventuring. I see them as serving different purposes. RT @edenabbi @SimGuruGraham, hi, is world adventures the equivalent of Bon voyage? Because I've heard rumours of a vacation themed extension, thank you!

Seems in the past that the party line was World Adventures=Bon Voyage, Ambitions=OFB, looks like that thinking is shifting.

Every store world with the exception of Riverview (and possibly Lunar Lakes) has had some travel element in it, even if it were just the backstories of the sim households. SimGurus are pushing Twallan's mod, blogs going on about being curious about what goes on in a rabbithole and a sudden emphasis on you being able to tell the stories you want -- from community lots no less (stressed with the spa items).

I know wishful thinking may be coloring my opinion but I really believe the next EP will have travel and hotels -- full service hotels as the survey put it.

I even think that Moonlight Falls makes more sense when you can travel to and from it. (Though I still want the lunar cycle in every world *grumble*)

Edit: Sorry didn't read follow link above, but the rest of my post stands
Lab Assistant
#1582 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 11:35 PM Last edited by LotrFanboy : 28th Aug 2012 at 11:53 PM.
I hate to come off as greedy, especially considering what we've been told in the past (Ambitions = OFB), but I'm very skeptical about trying to combine the OFB and vacations themes together. I want a Sims 3 version of OFB more than CLP wants more romantic interactions, and I'm afraid that by trying to do a combination EP like this EA will be biting off more than they can chew and we'll wind up with something that feels half finished. Either the vacation aspect won't feel complete or the OFB aspects will fall short. Or perhaps both themes will suffer.

Running a hotel sounds really cool and all, but if that's all the OFB part of it is going to be then I'm still going to feel disappointed. I want bowling alleys, shopping, open restaurants, and bakeries back. I want to be able to run a whole host of different businesses, not just a single hotel themed business.

But either way, this island time expansion sounds far better than nothing. And like I said, I'll take what I can get at this point.

EDIT: By the way, I love your ideas, writerchick. Your list of EPs you'd like to see is extremely similar to mine, even down to the order in which you listed them. I'd be ecstatic if we somehow got all of those EPs, although I know that's not going to happen.

Quote:
A full-on sports/leisure activities EP, like Free Time, except better. With more activities -- baseball, football, field hockey, tennis. Sports which can be done individually, played head-to-head, or with teams. Also ballet and other dance types, more instruments (as for a school band).

Definitely this. And speaking of sports, an object I'd like to see that I don't think I've ever seen mentioned by anyone else is a batting cage. Baseball in its entirety would be too difficult to do, but they could do a 2x8 (or thereabouts) object surrounded by netting, with a batters box on one end and an automatic pitching machine on the other. Like soccer, they could attach a skill to it, so that those sims who aren't skilled swing and miss a lot while those who are more proficient tend to rip more line drives. I think the animations for such an object could be pretty funny. There could even be a chance that the machine throws an errant ball that your sim either has to duck out of the way of or else get hit in the ribs with (accompanied by a new "Ouch! That stings!" hit-by-pitch moodlet ). As a baseball fan, I'd love to see this.
Mad Poster
#1583 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
I'd love to see a business + vacation EP, as well as a University EP which allowed for more than young adult sims to attend Uni. (For example, prodigy youngsters or teens can attend college classes while still living at home with their parents.) It would be nice if unis was added to current hoods, rather than creating a new college world; though I wonder if you could use Twallan's traveler mod to travel to any world and use that as your college location, then move back to your original world to settle down...?

I woudn't want a whole EP dedicated to university. The way neighbourhoods are set up this time, all they have to do is enable sims to attend college classes at the school RH, pretty much the same way they attend fishing and guitar classes.
Scholar
#1584 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LotrFanboy
I hate to come off as greedy, especially considering what we've been told in the past (Ambitions = OFB), but I'm very skeptical about trying to combine the OFB and vacations themes together. I want a Sims 3 version of OFB more than CLP wants more romantic interactions, and I'm afraid that by trying to do a combination EP like this EA will be biting off more than they can chew and we'll wind up with something that feels half finished. Either the vacation aspect won't feel complete or the OFB aspects will fall short. Or perhaps both themes will suffer...

I agree with you. But with the initial coding in the game, there is an extremely talented TS3 modding community that will no what to do with it, even if EA didn't.
Mad Poster
#1585 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 3:42 AM
Modder's have already given us businesses. Clothes shopping as well. EA's just in a position where catering to fans or doing the series justice isn't exactly on the "To Do" list.

Scholar
#1586 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I woudn't want a whole EP dedicated to university. The way neighbourhoods are set up this time, all they have to do is enable sims to attend college classes at the school RH, pretty much the same way they attend fishing and guitar classes.

Between Twallan's travel mod, career mod and the major careers you can do that now.
Lab Assistant
#1587 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Modder's have already given us businesses. Clothes shopping as well.

Sort of, but not really. I'm familiar with Ani's clothes shopping mod, as well as her Shop From Inventory mod. They're great, for what they are. But even Ani herself has made it clear how much she still wants a proper OFB EP.
Theorist
#1588 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura

This may just be me but I disagree...I'd rather have a complete new hood to emphasize the college life. There's so much you can do with a UNI, especially with a new hood with new stories to tell. Dorms would be a new form of a cross between apartments and houses. There could even be the possibility of a new apartment type rather than highrise. And then the new careers or like LTW such as "Physcologist" or "All Around Professor" plus they could add new hobbies. For instance cheer leading or even gymnastics (simple stuff). And then streaking can make a return and maybe even a annual streak fest after finals like in American Pie. There's more than enough stuff for a UNI EP, hell if Magic got a entire EP, UNI better get one as well. IMHO.
Mad Poster
#1589 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LotrFanboy
Sort of, but not really. I'm familiar with Ani's clothes shopping mod, as well as her Shop From Inventory mod. They're great, for what they are. But even Ani herself has made it clear how much she still wants a proper OFB EP.

I know it's not perfect (by any means is it a replacement for what SHOULD BE), but I'm happy to have the bare bones "starter kit" pieces in place for when I do want to start a business.

The clothes shopping mod is THE BEST. It gives that boring clothes rack some life!

Field Researcher
#1590 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
This may just be me but I disagree...I'd rather have a complete new hood to emphasize the college life. There's so much you can do with a UNI, especially with a new hood with new stories to tell. Dorms would be a new form of a cross between apartments and houses. There could even be the possibility of a new apartment type rather than highrise. And then the new careers or like LTW such as "Physcologist" or "All Around Professor" plus they could add new hobbies. For instance cheer leading or even gymnastics (simple stuff). And then streaking can make a return and maybe even a annual streak fest after finals like in American Pie. There's more than enough stuff for a UNI EP, hell if Magic got a entire EP, UNI better get one as well. IMHO.

I agree. Many simplify University's potential as just "learning skills in a rabbit hole". There's much greater depth in gameplay possible, as you explained.

I'd just hope it'd be a vast improvement from TS2 Uni...
Lab Assistant
#1591 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:05 AM
I like some of these ideas, but some of these features are already here, but stripped down.
WA=BV
A=OFB
LN=NL
G=
P=P
ST=SS(TS1)
SN=AL/MM(TS1)
S=S
Test Subject
#1592 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 2:44 AM
I like the idea of an Urban neighborhood, I also want my toddlers to be able to do more. I was very excited with the stroller, and the sandboxes, but I feel like they should be able to go swimming (they need kiddie pools) and be able to aggravate their older siblings, like wanting what they have, and crying when they don't get it, and they should be able to fight with their twins/siblings, I think Generations had SO much potential, but fell flat for me. I also want my Husbands/Wives to be able to scold their children, and that'd determine if they'd have good traits or bad traits. (like in the age up trait selector, they'd show you good traits as opposed to the bad ones and vice versa) I also think more school messages should pop up, and parent teacher conferences and such should be created like. . in case a kleptomaniac child was caught stealing a mascot, or a rebellious teen was in school refusing to work or being disruptive. I think we should be able to ground for that and scold their behavior.
Theorist
#1593 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 2:15 PM
In all honesty, the idea seems fun, but I don't think it would necessarily work out. I love the idea of being able to fly around and fight crime and all that, but there isn't much crime in Sims 3 to begin with and as for the whole batman thing, imagine the animations. But you do make a good point that it would be a better standalone like Medieval.
Mad Poster
#1594 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 2:20 PM
I think a lot of people are disagreeing because it sounds much more like a standalone game rather than an expansion. Plus I cannot imagine EA teaming up with Marvel or DC to allow their characters into the game. It would sort of destroy the world of The Sims. If this was ever to happen then EA would come up with their own heroes and villians like Llama Man or something equally rediculous.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#1595 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 2:25 AM Last edited by PHaNt0MhAl0 : 24th Sep 2012 at 10:09 AM.
Your right, I forgot to mention that EA shouldn't team up with DC or Marvel, they should make their own heroes.
But who still thinks they should include making your own hero or villian outfits or something? (if they make a standalone game)

Besides, now that I'm here, I say one more thing, I'm deleting all my other posts from MTS
and this will be the last to go, so people have time to read this... I'm now going
silent due to some things I'm not saying! At least I can say, Thanks

to saying the hero idea would be a good standalone game, with EA's own heroes
and villians. I'd still be thrilled if they did it, I don't care anymore about DC or Marvel
I have my very own heroes and villains in mind...

Edit: Second last post, can't delete one of
my threads
Scholar
#1596 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 12:27 AM Last edited by Periandre : 10th Nov 2012 at 3:06 PM.
Default FYI Petition
A petition has been started in the official forums about the Island Time Vacation EP.

In the poster's initial post (admittedly misplaced in the store thread), he added screenshots of the survey one of which I don't remember seeing.

The page indicates careers that could come with the EP -- witch doctor, lifeguard, treasure hunter and mountain ranger.

Also the missing (from Seasons) beach activities: sunbathing, beach volleyball, beach parties, sport fishing and snorkeling.

Edit (11/10/12): Link removed, explanation below.
Field Researcher
#1597 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:41 AM
What is it with the official forums and starting petitions? They do nothing.
Top Secret Researcher
#1598 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:54 AM
There are number of EPs I want before an Island Time EP.
Mad Poster
#1599 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration

What is it with the original forums doing nothing to begin with? Haha. You post something there and it's drowned within fifteen seconds.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#1600 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 2:09 AM Last edited by Periandre : 10th Nov 2012 at 5:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
There are number of EPs I want before an Island Time EP.

Well, I wanted Island Time before, but I want it even more now. I so looked forward to swimming in the ocean. But without the beach activities, the experience is kind of anticlimactic. And I want to run a hotel.

Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration

As to the comments about petitions doing nothing... I don't know that they work, or don't work. But what I absolutely do know is that saying nothing, does nothing.

Everytime someone starts a thread on these forums about what they'd like to see in the Sims 3, the thread goes on for pages. But I doubt very highly that EA is regularly monitoring MTS. So if people on the officials are actually posting what they want, it does no harm and might possibly do some good.

Added 11/10/12
I am removing the link above. While I still stand by what I said in this post, I am applying that to a static, non-changing petition. My young petition making friend on the officials is adding to the original post with his ideas for a vacation EP.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 64 of 67