Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Become an author ... without a computer

by MogHughson Posted 17th Aug 2010 at 11:42 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2010 at 6:41 PM by MogHughson : Noted fix to incoming phone calls

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:00 PM
Yay! This is awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:35 PM
This mod is AWESOME! It gave to my very poor sims (some of my Sims are very poor indeed...no money for computers) the opportunity of become writers. Thank you very much.

The only thing I'd like to know how to do is a small modification in the mod, to become handwriting more time consuming than write in a computer. Explaining: instead of about 15 Sims hours, something like 18, 20 Sims hours or so. Is just a thing I'd like to put in my game (as happens with me in real life: actually I write 2 times faster in a computer than handwriting. A scriptwriting teacher explained that this is natural when you get used to keyboards).
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drhode
The only thing I'd like to know how to do is a small modification in the mod, to become handwriting more time consuming than write in a computer.
Open the package in SimPEwiki, find the BCONwiki labeled "Tuning - Write Novel" (Instance number 0x1008), and edit line 2 which is labeled "Completion Target". It is currently set to a value of 900. Doubling it would make it take twice as long. Experiment with some values until you get the length of time you require. It should be linear.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:13 PM
I always looked for it and now I found very helpful I loved it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 11:15 AM
Thankyou for this download it, it is a really nice idea, and a nice addition to my game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 7th Dec 2010 at 11:17 AM
Thankyou very much for this great creation.
I am pleased to see my simmies writing in a book other than on the computer.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#107 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 1:32 AM
Sweet, very nice mod, your a genius...this is amazing and they should hire you for maxis lol, no joke! XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#108 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 9:48 PM
i feel talentless whnt i look on this site good work though
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 12th Jan 2011 at 7:28 PM
This definitely helps with movie making and such. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#110 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:14 PM
Simply awesome. It'll be really useful to me, because I like having poor sims, and because I like each of my sims to have a different personality, so some just don't like technology much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 1:49 PM
Exactly what I've been wanting! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#112 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 6:38 AM
I wish I could get this mod for Sims 3.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fireball82
I wish I could get this mod for Sims 3.
Isn't this it?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#114 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Isn't this it?

I have already downloaded that mod, but it is actually homework type which cannot be done on top of table. I wanted to write a REAL book in the game.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fireball82
I have already downloaded that mod, but it is actually homework type which cannot be done on top of table. I wanted to write a REAL book in the game.
Fair enough. I don't have Sims 3 and that thread said you could write novels so I assumed that would mean you could. Perhaps you should feed back to the owner of that Sims 3 mod that you would like to be able to write novels and see what they say?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 11:29 PM
This is great! I've wanted something like this for a very long time.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#117 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 1:54 AM
This is great because I don't need to have loads of computers to accommodate writers and the sims that constantly hog the computers. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:48 AM
Thanks I love this manuscript, it will get a lot of use in my sim households and community lots.
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 3:32 PM
This is brilliant! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 25th May 2011 at 5:57 PM
I was literally only thinking about this idea yesterday and how I'd check if anyone had done it then found this thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:02 PM
Thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#122 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:22 AM
Love this, but I was wondering if the Fun need could increase a bit while using it. I'm not sure if this happens when you write a novel on the computer since that option never seemed to work for me, but it'd make this even better!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#123 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 12:43 AM
This is awesome for my sims who do not wish to buy a computer. I also love how children can use it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 3:27 AM
Dear Mog,
I had emailed you a couple of times back, asking if you could put the download in .zip format because my computer would not support WinRar. Well, I got a new computer, and the first thing I did was download WinRar. And I just downloaded this and played with it a bit. all I can say is thank you so much, it is amazing.
-Aqua
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 12:38 AM
Cool-but how do u use it?
Page 5 of 6