Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#151 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 9:08 AM
I'm too tired to pull up screenshots right now. Will do tomorrow.

I posted this to remind myself. It might work.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#152 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 9:40 AM
Aegagropilon I loooove your make-overs (I didn't look at the spoilery ones yet though). Unsurprisingly, your Widespot cast has the richest possible tee-shirt collection XD
I didn't change anything in my version yet, on purpose, houses or sims. I decided they would naturally evolve in week two (or week 1 after the first week-end, if you want). I figure some psychic styling revelation will come to me after I've observed them in all their basegame-ishness for a couple days first ^^
Mad Poster
#153 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 1:06 PM
OMG, Cleve is such a looker! If Mary's not careful he's going to grow up into a little ladykiller. This is the first post-toddler shot I've seen of him and of Sandy's twins. It makes me feel all gooey inside.

Since Aegagropilon's kids were born before I checked the genetics and made the corrections, y'all should have a possibility of a little more variety in coloration, since the final version had all the right recessives in place. The features, however, I don't understand well enough to tweak, so that's a pretty fair range of what you should expect. The Hart nose is a juggernaut, apparently.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#154 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 1:49 PM
Lili975: Thank you so much! And tshirts are a huuuuge weakness of mine, both in my downloads folder and in my closet

Peni: Cleve's going to be happy that I moved the Ottomai, Mints, and Newsons into town once they all become teens (You've seen the exceedingly-identical Beech twins as kids before, by the way. Dear lord, why did I dress them alike -- again! -- and give them such similar hairstyles?!)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#155 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 3:07 PM
Oh, that's right, I did. You sent me that picture of them sitting on the couch looking all set to fool the teachers and prank their friends. You keep dressing them alike because they want to be able to do that at a moment's notice and refuse to dress differently.

When they're teens, mean boys are going to walk up to them and say: "I think your sister's ugly," thinking they're being clever. And they're going to live to regret it!

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#156 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 12:09 AM
Played my first rotation and reporting! Or rather linking to these pics, I hope it's OK to link to another site, photobucket is so slow these days that it seemed to be the most convenient way.
This is not all week, more pictures soon
Mad Poster
#157 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 12:16 AM
Yes, links are fine. Woody falling in love twice in half an hour and the "random neighbor" who just happened by have me laughing really hard.

Top Secret Researcher
#158 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 8:22 AM
As promised, the rest of the week, here and here .
Now my Widespot needs a campus, those brats grow up so fast
Field Researcher
#159 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 4:36 AM
I just downloaded Widespot this morning and played for a few hours. I’m having so much fun with it. I only wish I had more time to play. So far I have played through one day with the Weiss, Land, and Mann families in that order.

Not much really happened at the Weiss house. Skye went to work, Woody went to school and Penny stayed home and tried not to vomit. When I sent her to bed, she woke up when her energy was half full and got her baby bump.

When I entered the Land household, Dixie and Scot started playing rock-paper-scissors. Delta was playing with the dollhouse. River and Beulah started playing chess. I let all of them continue what they were doing until the carpool and school bus arrived. Mary stayed home, rested and took care of her motives as necessary. She, like Penny Wiess, also woke up and got her baby bump when her energy was half full. One of the children brought Isaiah Gavigan home from school. River played catch with Isaiah while Delta danced on her Daddy’s feet. After their fun was filled up enough I sent them to do their homework. I have acr in my game, so later that night, Mary booty called Junior Mann. They didn’t do anything, because she decided to pick up the newspaper and read it after she greeted him. lol

At the Mann house I sent Lana to get a cooking skill point. After that I let Rich and Lana interact with each other and do what they wanted until Rich had to go to work. Rich decided to look through the telescope during the day. Homer Land came over to yell at him just after he changed into his Criminal Mastermind uniform, so I had to click on the limo so he wouldn’t miss his ride to work. I sent Junior to the General Store to buy a cell phone, until I saw that there weren’t any. Then I remembered that Peni made this as a base game compatible neighborhood, so that had to be why she didn’t add a vending kiosk. Rhett Hart, Mary Land, and a few townies were at the General Store so I had Junior greet all of them. Junior and Mary did a few romantic interactions with each other. Then I noticed that Junior has a want to get engaged to Mary. I’m not sure yet if that will happen. I think I’ll wait and see how things go. I still have to play the Hart and Beech families.
Mad Poster
#160 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 4:54 AM

Um..for what it's worth...I started a simblr. http://penig.tumblr.com/

My excuse is that I want to share a post Nancy Werlin made to her tumblr, which has nothing to do with simming, but since the only digital camera I own is inside my Sims2 game - let's be real here. Hence not using my full name; I really, really, really do not want a simblr to be the first thing a kid doing a book report finds on googling my name!

I think I have it set up so people who follow me can post Widespot pictures to it directly; but I'm not sure and it's far from certain anybody would want to. That's an experiment. But then, whole thing is.

It's way too late tonight to do more than post the random pictures I grabbed while figuring this business out, but I played Widespot a couple of nights ago, and Hamilton got up in the wee hours of the morning to walk past Virginia and Woody making out in the kitchen, grill hot dogs for breakfast, catch the grill on fire, put the fire out, and then walk back in past Daytona (drinking) and Sandy (eating leftover pancakes) and go upstairs for a bubble bath. I've decided he has parasomnia and was sleep-cooking. He is under a lot of stress, you know. Anyway, I feel I do need to post that sequence.

Top Secret Researcher
#161 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rogue_55
Then I noticed that Junior has a want to get engaged to Mary. I’m not sure yet if that will happen. I think I’ll wait and see how things go.

Same for me, Junior wants to marry Mary, Mary wants to marry both Valentine and Junior, and Valentine doesn't want another wife. I don't know what I want for them yet.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I think I have it set up so people who follow me can post Widespot pictures to it directly [...]

I had a look and yes, we can "submit" stuff. I'm not sure how it works, but it does work.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 1:44 PM
Would somebody mind trying, for experimental purposes?

Scholar
#163 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 2:45 PM
I just tried :D

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#164 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 2:53 PM
Success! I'm finding this whole thing a little counterintuitive, but I have to log in, look at the message, open the photo, and publish the post. So if you submit something and it doesn't appear right away assume I haven't seen it yet. Looks like I can edit it, too.

I still haven't successfully reblogged anything, but I guess I'll figure it out. Thanks.

Scholar
#165 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 2:55 PM
Success! I'm finding this whole thing a little counterintuitive, but I have to log in, look at the message, open the photo, and publish the post. So if you submit something and it doesn't appear right away assume I haven't seen it yet. Looks like I can edit it, too.

I still haven't successfully reblogged anything, but I guess I'll figure it out. Thanks.

Glad to help

It looks like the picture caption didn't show, though. While the text read "A shot of Goldie and Woody back when they were teens" the caption was supposed to read "Now Goldie can tell Candy that Woody touched her thigh." Oh well

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#166 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 3:06 PM
Did you post as Text or as Photo? Maybe that made the difference? I couldn't give it a caption, but I gave it that as a title.

Top Secret Researcher
#167 Old 15th Apr 2013 at 8:38 PM
I think it's not always working right. Like some posts don't appear under the Widespot tag for me, and I know they exist because I posted them.
About the reblogs, I don't know why it doesn't work. Maybe look up the "missing e" extension for tumblr, it gives you a bit more freedom with what you can do, instead of just letting you click the little hearts like a two years old and nothing else.
I'll submit something too a little later, for testing purposes :p
Mad Poster
#168 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 6:58 PM
This is just tooo funny! In one day I played all families, trying (not succeeding) to remember all the sub-plots. If I can ever get my printer to work I'll print it all out. In the mean time I couldn't help but do stuff:
HART: I consider them all tramps. Don't know why Rhett was mad at his father, so I gave him a reason: Valentine got the townee "mad scientist" (fried hair, and as ugly as him!) via the Gypsi. About the time he was wanting to bed her, his son stepped in & got her first. She was willing to move in; after giving her the appropriate job, I had Rhett give her a baby. When she was waddling nicely I turned her back into a townee.
Goldie the drama queen broke up Virginia Beech & Woody Weiss, who she wanted a first kiss from (& other stuff), only to move on to other prospects.

BEECH: Sandy had Rhett's son, Butler. I remember reading that they had a house for intertainment(?) but since Hamilton wants a big family I totally rebuilt it (in Louisiana French Colonial style). Resetting ACR, I've had to work to finally get her pregnant; maybe Hamilton's not such a masculine guy. She' getting a job, he's going to stay home with a bunch of kids.

WEISS: had a lot of fun with this group! Penny was too "special" to have Rhett's baby (um, was it Rhett?). As serious as she is, I changed her to "Knowledge". Following what I remember of the back-story: she's too good for mere earth-men, but they have their uses. She want's to marry someone she can control, who will support her while she "experiments" with the sexual culture of Earth, and figures out how to have alien babies! She wanted to proposed to Valentine Hart but when he accepted, then went mad, she decided he just would not do. So she hit on Junior Man in front of him so she could break up with Valentine, then proposed to Junior, who was delighted. He's as dumb as he is ugly - a good choice. His big house and wealthy parents would be useful; she married at his house and moved in her whole family. The first thing she did was get him a job - in "Alien Conspiracy"; he would have access to the government information about aliens, and she would have no problem getting him to tell her anything, or sabotage their plans. The second thing she did was get pregnant - by a superior race. Her first alien hybrid (I have multiple PT replacements) is by a Katu creation that is a freckled turquoise with pointy ears; I've genetisized all my skins, so interested to see what she gets.

Then while Penny was at a community lot making "contacts" , in the background Dean Capp and Candy Hart had a "1st kiss" (via ACR).

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#169 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 7:16 PM
Wait, you changed Penny to Knowledge? Penny starts as Knowledge!

Glad you're enjoying yourself, anyway.

Mad Poster
#170 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 1:59 AM
Wait, you changed Penny to Knowledge? Penny starts as Knowledge!

Glad you're enjoying yourself, anyway.

Seems to me she was Popularity (& I thought EVERYONE was). But more ummm...
In the Beech family Sandy had Butler (Rhett's baby), then Itsa Beech. The same day Itsa became a toddler Virginia became an adult, teen Rocky is a confused teen..and then gramma Daytona died. I think. SOMETHING happened but I didn't see it - now Daytona is gone, I can't find an urn, and no one has memory of her dying. She WAS "at the end of her rope" life wise; did she get alsheimers and wander off? Can SimPE or the tombstone find her?
Here's a pic of Sandy, pregnant with twins, feeding Itsa. A makeover didn't help much (ugly is bone deep). Hamilton is an elder, and Sandy will be soon. She wanted to be Captain Hero, but she's spent so much time pregnant she will only be "Captain Mommy" when she retires. Since the Rhett incident, she has been faithfull, although she sometimes swoons over the "maid's" tight pants.

Name suggestions? Pebble? Long? that doesn't sound like a NAME.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#171 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:18 AM
Unless something really strange happened in your configuration, the Beeches with aspirations all have popularity. Everyone in the Hart house is Romance except Goldie, who is Popularity. Everyone in the Land house is Family except Dixie, who is Fortune. All the Manns are Fortune. In the Weiss house, Skye and Penny are Knowledge and Woody is Romance.

If Daytona vanished, something has gone wrong. You'd better look for her in SimPE or try summoning her with the SimBlender, see if you can figure out what happened.

Twin names. Let's see. It's not a legal requirement that the name refer to anything, you know. Silver and Copper are both types of beeches. Aegagropilon named her Beech twins Crystal and Glass. Omaha. Miami. Malibu. Monterrey. Perhaps look at a map of Hawaii?

Mad Poster
#172 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:30 AM
Peni: Ok I must be confused. Not sure how to look for her with SimPE or Blender but will take a swing at it. Malibu..Monterrey - how classy!

Field Researcher
#173 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:18 AM
Grammapat, Sandy hasn’t had her first baby in my game yet. If she has a girl, I am going to name her Cocoa. If she has a boy, I’m going to name him Ocean. Another name I have as a backup is Shell or Shelly. I think the last name Beech probably has the most options for first names that go well with it. Land isn’t too difficult either. However, for the last name Mann, I was thinking of names, such as Bat, Iron, Spider, Super, and Aqua. I guess I've been watching too many super hero movies lately. lol

Peni, I took some pictures of the characters in my game, but I haven’t really given any of them makeovers yet. I gave Junior Mann a different hair style and I gave Valentine Hart regular glasses because I like to see my sims’ eyes. Those are the only changes I have made so far. I have only played through one day with each family so I’m not very far into the story yet. I took a lot of pictures though and most of them turned out pretty good. I would like to post some of them on your tumblr, but I’m not sure where to start. I have never been a part of a tumblr before. Do I need to make one of my own first?
Top Secret Researcher
#174 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:58 AM

Twin names. Let's see. It's not a legal requirement that the name refer to anything, you know. Silver and Copper are both types of beeches. Aegagropilon named her Beech twins Crystal and Glass. Omaha. Miami. Malibu. Monterrey. Perhaps look at a map of Hawaii?

Have fun, comrades.

(imo gramma name them Ballybunion and Ballyheigue)

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#175 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 1:24 PM
Rogue, all I can say is try clicking the Widespot and Friends link, and if it lets you post a picture, you don't need a tumbler account to do it. I've only been on it for a couple of weeks myself and still don't know much.

Now that is a very useful link, Fivey! Thanks!

Alas, Grammapat, I don't use SimBlender, but I know sims can be summoned with it. I've seen Mootilda describe how you locate sims with SimPE before but I couldn't track one down. The basic principle of figuring out SimPE, though, is Back Up Your Game and Poke Around. Just don't let it intimidate you. It's kind of like this site - overwhelming because there's so much of it, but simple enough once you pick a small area and get to know it.

Page 7 of 32