Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM - Updated 16th Jun 2009 at 12:20 PM by HystericalParoxysm : Clarifying some points.

701 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 653 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 29
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#151 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:08 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 6th Jun 2009 at 10:21 AM.
spartanflame -

The barbie male has nipples, with the rest of my texture tweaks.
The body hair male has the same as the barbie male, plus body hair.
The barbie female has no nipples, with the rest of my texture tweaks.
The nipples female is the same as barbie, plus nipples.

motic - I'll have to give that a try. I'd tried deleting a bunch of bits and bobs but never did get it working right in my testing... that would have saved me a lot of time...

topgamer - Due to the way skintones work in TS3, adding additional abdominal texturing or muscles or whatever is not really possible, since the same skintone is shared by skinny/fat and fit/not fit.

weblerrik - Give it another try, making sure to delete the original file you downloaded, not just save over it. I downloaded those files myself last night in trying to fix the green skin issue (thinking maybe my upload had gotten corrupted) and I'm sure they work.

phreakindee - I'll be putting it up on SexySims. Soon. Ishly. Gotta double check that they're not green. :P

Celebriton - Yeah, unfortunately that seems to just be a problem with the way the game renders skintones. You can see a bit of that patchyness/pixellation on the dark faces in my screenshots. I made sure there was none of that patchyness in my texturing and even tried adding a bit of noise (which works for TS2 to get rid of that icky stuff) but it didn't help. Maybe we'll get a patch or EP somewhere along the line that fixes it.

Regarding issues in Vista x64

I will get a trusted tester who has Vista x64 to try these soon. I don't have Vista at all myself so there's nothing I can do right now to look at it. If you look here, there's discussion on getting custom packages working in-game - perhaps someone can ask there about Vista x64 issues as I'm stumped.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#152 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:08 AM
These are awesome! Thanks and well done!!
Test Subject
#153 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:12 AM
Can anybody who do manage to get this mods working tell me what did i do wrong!?!? Please Anybody..

I set everything correctly but it still doesnt work...

I download Skin shine, female full face, and female full body.(I dont use male at all)

I do have "Resource.cfg" in Sims 3 root folder, place all packages in ../Mods/Packages/

Im using Vista 64Bit

I'm 500% sure that this particular package doesnt work for me because i use "Unlock Hidden Traits" package and it works without any problem which require the same principle.

but no matter how i many time i try it seems like i cant get this mod to work... >_<

any help?

Note: Even i start of with a new game CAS and play, it still doesnt work. This driveing me NUTS !!!!
Test Subject
#154 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:38 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 6th Jun 2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Stop yelling at me, dang it!
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH VISTA 64BIT.

I MANAGED TO GET Hidden Traits Unlocked Mod WORKING WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM WHICH REQUIRE EXACTLY THE SAME PRINCIPLE(Resource.cfg, place all packages file in ../Mods/Packages blah blah blah)

BUT I CANT GET YOUR SKIN MOD TO WORK AT ALL.

NOTE: Sorry with all CAP but i have to. I NEED YOUR ATTENTION HystericalParoxysm !!!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#155 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:40 AM
vossza, I don't know what you expect me to do. I don't -have- Vista x64 and I don't have any computers here at my house with it on it (or that I could put it on) to test. So please stop yelling at me - I will get a friend who has Vista to help me test things as soon as I can, but he's not online right now, and yelling at me about it won't make him wake up any faster. I'm glad you're eager to get this in your game, but -I- cannot do anything -right this second- so you're going to have to be patient.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#156 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:46 AM
I am sorry and apologies about yelling at you. Now you got my attention. Ill be happy waiting now.

Again, i want you to know that i do not believe there is an issue with Vista 64Bit as i explain before. I manage to get the Hidden Traits Unlocked Mod working but not with your one.

PS: I really want to appreciate your mod soooo bad. Thats y... sorry again.

Cheers
retired moderator
Original Poster
#157 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:48 AM
vosszaa - Well clearly there's -something- going on because the people who are reporting this not working seem to have Vista x64. It works on XP and Vista x32 so maybe there's something special about Vista x64 that it doesn't want to pick it up. That's what I need to have tested, but I can't pull a fix out of my butt.

Lab Assistant
#158 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:56 AM
I bow to you.
This must have taken some serious effort and time and I appreciate it.
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:12 AM
This is incredible, the skins are gorgeous, thank you!
Test Subject
#160 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:22 AM
Thanks! we were disappointed to see the default "plastic" looking skins in the sims 3, these look really nice
Instructor
#161 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:27 PM
They do look great actually! But I will wait for you to release the final version before downloading. Have decided to take it easier on them this time around. BUt thanks really good job!
Test Subject
#162 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:12 PM
Wow, HP. That's quick! Thank you so much I absolutely love these
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#163 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:23 PM
My community buddies report that the faces with this skins are looking kinda "dirty" and there is a visual glitch over the mouth, please can you improve that in the next update?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:27 PM
Ailias - You're going to have to give me pics so I know what you mean. Some pixellation is normal and not part of my skins, though the face skins themselves do have a bit more texture to them so I guess one could interpret that as "dirty" - kinda hard to balance "more texture" with the level of control one is given on these darn things. But I have no idea what visual glitch you mean.

MTS2 Hot Pepper
#165 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:34 PM
I guess this could be an example

I do not know
I do not have SIms 3 yet but may be that's supposed to be so

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:35 PM
I LOVE YOU!
'Nuff said. :D
Test Subject
#167 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:37 PM Last edited by scifinut68 : 6th Jun 2009 at 1:40 PM. Reason: I just read something else...
Wow. You are soooo good! I looked on your link CREATE; however, it's all TS2 help. How did you create this for TS3? Is it the same directions? Do you have a specific link now for TS3? I've never created skins or items in TS2. I'm just a grateful beneficiary. Thanks.

I know you said to not post you with questions... to save you time, aggravation, etc. I'm sorry...
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#168 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:40 PM
This is exactly what I had hoped!
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:42 PM
Thank you so much for these. After the high detail looks Sims 2 artists created for that game, Sims 3 looked dull and lifeless straight from the box. This fixes a lot of my disappointment.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:44 PM
Ailias - That's part of the face texturing. It doesn't look perfect in all lighting - it's not wonderful in heavy shadow (like your pic) but I've done what I could to balance the need for additional texture (as sims are WAY too smooth by default) with the game's tendency to make things patchy and pixellated. I will likely do more versions later, though I don't know how much better it's capable of getting. I don't see any of the issues around the mouth you were talking about though, in that pic.

scifinut68 - It's not anything like TS2, and made with unreleased beta tools. Not sure when those tools will be released to the public.

Test Subject
#171 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:59 PM
You are so many kinds of win it's not funny. Thank you. ^^
Test Subject
#172 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:09 PM
Well,it's a start.

waiting for the Tutorial
Test Subject
#173 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
spartanflame -
Regarding issues in Vista x64

I will get a trusted tester who has Vista x64 to try these soon. I don't have Vista at all myself so there's nothing I can do right now to look at it. If you look here, there's discussion on getting custom packages working in-game - perhaps someone can ask there about Vista x64 issues as I'm stumped.

I run vista X64 and am having no trouble getting these skins to work.

I only reinstalled Vista a week ago, including SP1 and SP2 as well as many apps. I bought Sims 3 on the 4th and have not had a single problem with the running of the game yet. It is running smoother and at higher detail settings than Sims 2 did for me. Also, all content that I have added (from here, and from The Exchange at the official site) has worked fine.

Just as a note also, I have the game installed in "C:\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\" rather than the default location.

Thanks for the great work HystericalParoxysm. Keep it up..
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:30 PM
Thank you so much, HP!
I was having that same problem with greenish skins, but I think it's fixed ^^
Test Subject
#175 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
HP does it again!

Ha! I'm not downloading butbutbut seriously you're so innovative!
Page 7 of 29