Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATE] 10 new CAS Sliders (Breast, Hip, Waist, Butt, Head and more)

by jonha Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2012 at 10:45 PM by jonha : Update

2090 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1651 Feedback Posts, 438 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 34 of 84
Test Subject
#826 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:07 AM
Thank you for updating so quickly!
Test Subject
#827 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:44 AM
wondering if anyone can tell me why i keep seein this when i try to download the body slider:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to chii.modthesims.info
Suggestions:
Go to modthesims. info
Try reloading the page
Search on Google:
ps: i tried it on internet explore too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#828 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bigdaddymitch
wondering if anyone can tell me why i keep seein this when i try to download the body slider:

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to chii.modthesims.info

Well, thats a site issue, please try again later and contact an admin if it still doesn't work.
Test Subject
#829 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:58 PM
when i installed this traits did not show up anymore so i cudn't make new peple without removing your mod.
could b
you please fix this or tell me what i did wrong with the mod.
i really want to be able to make skinny people who aren't just skinny on top and fat people with fat arms!
Test Subject
#830 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:47 PM
this is hard to install on my computer.. maybe it's because our computer is so old. >.< it's quite depressing, but it's still a great thing you've put together here. I'll find updates and see if i can get it to work one day. :-)
Test Subject
#831 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:10 PM
Default fast updates.
awesome it works with ambitions. !
Test Subject
#832 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM
umm i cant figure it out do i add the d3dx file in the sims folder too
Test Subject
#833 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:57 AM
it's not working for me. all my good mods broke with ambitions. no sliders, not even delphy's. no lara body shape. no skins. other things still work tho. kinda suspicious. any ideas?
Test Subject
#834 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:13 AM
I can't get this to work on 4.0.87.006001. After I start the game the intro video plays and then it crashes. =(
Thanks
Test Subject
#835 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Did you read the faq on the front page? Where did you install this mod? For the new patch/ambitions the recommended way is into your documents folder.

See here:

http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...33&postcount=10

never mind. i need to pay more attention. this worked.
Test Subject
#836 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:39 AM
I was personally having problems getting it to work correctly by putting it in my documents folder, but after I moved it back to it's original location it started to work properly. I'm not sure if it's only me or what, but it helped. (:
Test Subject
#837 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:18 PM
Does this mod works with 4.0.87 Ambitions? Cause when I got this mod and tried to start sims 3 it linked me back to the desktop. (If anyone got a solution please help :D)
Test Subject
#838 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:45 PM
Thank you for the update.
Lab Assistant
#839 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:46 AM
I too am having trouble getting the update to work, the game crashes to the desktop with it installed. I can't get the new Documents folder to show my custom content either so I just put everything back in the mods folder under HELS. My custom content works but not with the new update.
Lab Assistant
#840 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:47 PM
made the resources file and this is still not working for me. Perhaps I didn't do it right, I don't really understand I've never programed anything in my life.
Test Subject
#841 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:02 PM
I'm having trouble with this too. With all the files in each of the expansion folders as it was before the update, the game crashes after loading the intro video. With the files put in their new locations in My Documents, the game crashes after loading the intro video. I've even tried loading just these files and no other packages to be sure and the game still crashes after loading the intro video. And it runs just fine as soon as I take the packages out.
Scholar
#842 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:16 PM
Nice Job on This Slider Pack! Works Well in My Game! ThankYou Very Much!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Test Subject
#843 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Misfit203 : 6th Jun 2010 at 5:52 PM. Reason: modified the layout
mo updates, mo problems
this update sucks, well actually no i like it, but wish they didnt have to mess with modding. i have ambitions, didnt realize the document folder stuff for mods, had these sliders and others under
ambitions/mods/etc.
and these didnt work for me, but various other sliders did. then i read jonhas instuctions on
documents/sims3/mods etc.
so i made a new file called resource.cfg and i copy and pasted what he had on the instructions to the file starting with:

priority:500
or whatever, on down to the directory structure stuff. i saved the file to
docs/3/mods (abreviated)
i put jonhas sliders into
docs/3/mods/pkgs/johnasliders
and ran the game. leaving my other non-johna slider files and mods under ambitions. well, when i ran the game, jonhas sliders were still missing, and my various other sliders that previously worked from ambitions mod folders now ceased to work. i'm assuming it's because i moved the slider hack file to documents mod folder. i guess now i will try putting the slider hack file back in ambitions and leave jonhas sliders in the documents mod folder while i await further info.

my directory structures were just abbreviations, so you know.
Test Subject
#844 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 7:16 PM Last edited by Misfit203 : 6th Jun 2010 at 8:30 PM. Reason: update 2
Default mo updates, mo problems
update from #854
i tried leaving jonhas sliders in document mods folder and moving jonhas slider hack file back to c:progs/sims 3/ambitions\mod folder and now the other sliders (non jonhas) are working again, and jonhas sliders are not. i been rearranging things back and forth since friday, cant figure this out. like my non-jonha sliders that work from ambitions folders, wont work in documents ones.i have deleted my cache files everytime. would having a resource.cfg in programs/sims folder, and having one in documents/sims folder conflict with each other? guess i will try that next, i'll remove my programs folder resource.cfg and ambitions mod folder and return slider hacks file back to documents folders and see what happens.

k, i tried this with one resource.cfg in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
and jonhas sliders and slider hack and slider base file in
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Jonhas Sliders.
I removed my mods folder and resource.cfg from
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions
and have no other mods installed. deleted cache files.
still nothing
Scholar
Original Poster
#845 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:57 PM
Quote:
k, i tried this with one resource.cfg in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
and jonhas sliders and slider hack and slider base file in
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Jonhas Sliders.
I removed my mods folder and resource.cfg from
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions
and have no other mods installed. deleted cache files.
still nothing

Sorry, but this sounds like a framework problem. Your folder structure looks correct. It should work, assuming, your resource.cfg file has the right content. But please ask in the game help forum if you need general help with installing package files.

Btw: Different resource.cfg files should not conflict and for the game it shouldn't make a difference if the mods are in program files or in documents (as long as you have the dll file in place and the framework works), so I really don't understand whats happening on your pc.
Test Subject
#846 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:19 AM
I've downloaded this and the limit removing hack but some sliders, not yours but EA sliders, now do not work. I recently downloaded Ambitions and made sure to download the Ambitions version of the slider limit removing hack. I don't have any other slider mods in my game, what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance
Test Subject
#847 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChelseaO
I've downloaded this and the limit removing hack but some sliders, not yours but EA sliders, now do not work. I recently downloaded Ambitions and made sure to download the Ambitions version of the slider limit removing hack. I don't have any other slider mods in my game, what could be causing this?
Thanks in advance

I also have a problem similar to this, I have no mods but this, and the core mod to go past the 20 slider limit installed, but now I can't adjust the weight or muscular figure. It just separates the body from the head and feet unless it's at a certain point on the slider so they line up again.

And I am running on original with no expansions on patch 1.12.70.006001. Not really sure whats happening, but I kind of want to have some variety in my sims besides them just being skinny and weak looking. Thanks in advance
Lab Assistant
#848 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:52 AM
thank you soooooooo much for updating this! Love it!

-Isis-
Test Subject
#849 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 10:05 AM
Great mod, works ... but most of my sims have gone invisible! ... anyone any clue what might be wrong?
Test Subject
#850 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 5:28 PM
i luv all of these sliders that you do, your one of the most talented modders ive seen, if you wouldnt mind could you make a "NECK Slider",
one that makes the neck slimer or bigger, theres one already that makes it longer but would you make one that makes it smaller or bigger PLEASE, and thank you for your amazing sliders
Page 34 of 84