Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 10:20 PM
Default error in compression files help
I have the newest version of Clean Installer and I'm running windows 7. My problem is that when I'm installing content I get about sixty million error messages for sixty million different files saying that there's an error in the compressed file and that Clean Installer is skipping the file.

I just reinstalled the sims 2, and this is all the old custom content I always used before. Is this a problem with Clean Installer or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 12:33 AM
It sounds like a problem with the DLLs that I'm using to extract the rar or zip file. Try extracting all of the files into a directory and installing the directory instead.

If you'd like to give me one of the files that you're having problems with, I'll take a look at it.

It might also help if you would explain exactly how you're trying to install the CC. Are you installing a single file or a directory? Are you installing from your hard drive, or the internet? What is the file extension of the file? etc. etc.