Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 3:02 PM
Default Unchecked boxes, installs all files anyway
Whenever I uncheck boxes on the Sims2PCI, it installs all of the files whether or not they're checked. I also looked at the Sims2PCI site, and they mention something about "icon buttons" in the manual section, but I have never seen these or know where to look. Am I missing something completely obvious?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 7:53 PM
Could you please attach a snapshot of the main Clean Installer window after you've unchecked the boxes? Also, it would be helpful to attach a snapshot of the installation location window (the one that shows up when you click on the Install button).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:26 AM
[Could you please attach a snapshot of the main Clean Installer window after you've unchecked the boxes? Also, it would be helpful to attach a snapshot of the installation location window (the one that shows up when you click on the Install button).]

Thanks!
Screenshots
Site Helper
#4 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:29 AM
How can you tell that it's installing all of the unchecked files?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:11 AM
I've checked while playing the game: things I've unchecked showed up regardless. Whether I've unchecked everything, unchecked some things, or not unchecked anything, it does the same thing (i've deleted things from my downloads folder and tried installing them in a different way, to no avail). What am I missing? Any idea why the "icon buttons" they talk about in the S2PCI manual don't show up?
Site Helper
#6 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th Jun 2011 at 10:14 PM.
OK, let me look into it and see whether I can reproduce your behavior.

Quote: Originally posted by cwkaminski
Any idea why the "icon buttons" they talk about in the S2PCI manual don't show up?
Because you are opening a rar file, you are using the "multi-install" mode of the Clean Installer. This mode uses a different window format than the standard Sims2Pack window format. I believe that the format is different because the Clean Installer assumes that it is installing a set of unrelated items during multi-install, but assumes that all items inside a Sims2Pack are related.

In the Clean Installer download thread, I've attached screenshots of the 3 different modes:
1) Install a Sims2Pack (icons)
2) Examine all CC in a folder (no icons; drop-down box to specify folder to be examined)
3) Multi-install (no icons)

[Update:]

Yes, it looks like you're right. The Clean Installer completely ignores the checkboxes and installs everything. I'll fix that.
Site Helper
#7 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:52 PM
New version 1.6.15 now available. Please let me know if you have any further problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 1:52 AM
thanks!!