Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#201 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 9:32 AM Last edited by Morphar : 7th Aug 2016 at 9:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbeau115
Has anyone gotten the add_slider bulge xx mod to work properly? I have had npc's with packages (WHOA there Mr Goth), but my Sims never get the effect. For me the height slider is working fine with all updates. **knock on wood, fingers crossed...
And if anyone ever figures out a way to streamline this pack of mods, please don't leave out the bulge slider. I hate having neutered men in my game.

What do you mean by "working"? Will they keep their height when they age up? Do (some) children inherit the height of the parents? If not it is not "working". In the other mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 those two things work so it must be possible to do in this one.

I downloaded the Community version of PyCharm tools and looked at the code.
https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

Code with very little comments is not easy to understand.

This part from AddSimSlider file is probably where the height is calculated. If the height value is greater than 0 the inpul value is multiplied by 0.01 and if it is less the value is multplied by -0.01.

if amount >= 0:
if single is not None:
slider.key = single
slider.amount = amount * 0.01
elif pair is not None:
slider.key = pair[0]
slider2.key = pair[1]
slider.amount = amount * 0.01

elif amount < 0:
if pair is not None:
slider.key = pair[1]
slider2.key = pair[0]
slider.amount = amount * -0.01

Have anyone tested the (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip? Will aging and genetics work in that mod?

Simmythesim says in the first post that it worked before. That is really the bug to find first. It still works in the old mod with latest patch of game so what is the difference?.
Quote:
Sliders do not seem to be genetically passed onto children, I suspect that this is a bug caused by the last patch as before that, they were working fine.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 4:10 PM
I'd just like someone to be able to pick up the code and make a version where Teens are set to a height of -50 (using this mod's sizing scale) automatically. I HATE having Teens be the same height as Adults. -50 seemed to make them short enough to be noticable but not short enough for there to be excessive clipping with animation.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#203 Old 7th Aug 2016 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
What do you mean by "working"? Will they keep their height when they age up? Do (some) children inherit the height of the parents? If not it is not "working". In the other mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329 those two things work so it must be possible to do in this one.
Have anyone tested the (Stable!)Four New Sliders for The Sims 4 v0.04.1.zip? Will aging and genetics work in that mod?

Simmythesim says in the first post that it worked before. That is really the bug to find first. It still works in the old mod with latest patch of game so what is the difference?.

It's hard to tell with the genetics, but the aging works. The only buggy part is that when it is a sims birthday, they are at max height. This includes before and after aging... so they become incredibly tall right after they blow out their cake.
This is because the code does not calculate the new days until aging until after 1 am. After 1 am their height will return to short if they are set to be short.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
#204 Old 9th Aug 2016 at 12:36 AM
Hey I was wondering if this mod still works? If not is there another height mod I can download somewhere?
Forum Resident
#205 Old 11th Aug 2016 at 11:47 PM
It works, but there are some small issues and it is currently not being supported or developed.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Scholar
#206 Old 12th Aug 2016 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hollytail
Hey I was wondering if this mod still works? If not is there another height mod I can download somewhere?

His old mod works but the animation is not that good.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=559329
Test Subject
#207 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 1:25 AM
this mod is still working fine for me, knock on wood, and i have found that it is passed down to my children. it may just be my game, but i had no issues with that. i came on hoping someone had picked it up before it stops working.
Test Subject
#208 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:42 AM
what a shame to discontinue such a needed and enjoyed mod, i hope someone picks this back up this had the potential to change game play for the positive in the best of ways i could have seen it becoming a staple must have for the game. ill enjoy having it while it works but i find it hard to believe it will survive the amount of updates ea makes before it borks up eventually. i cant imagine why someone wouldnt pick this project up to complete since the foundation of it is already here its just about upkeep really . I was so happy when i found this now but its bitter sweet, damn.
Test Subject
#209 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 3:48 AM
this mod works perfect for me, I love it!!!!!! no issues till now
Screenshots
Scholar
#210 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 9:52 PM Last edited by Morphar : 14th Aug 2016 at 10:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lufeguesi
this mod works perfect for me, I love it!!!!!! no issues till now

To set height works but keeping it is not (for me). To prove my case here are two pictures:

To the left the female aged from YA to A and shrunk. She was as tall as her husband before she aged.
To the right I have set back height 100 to the female after her age up and now her husband aged up from YA to A and shrunk.

This was tested with stable version 0.04 but 0.06 is no different. I have not seen height passed on yet.

Maybee I need to play the old mod + this one. This one give better propotions at least.
Screenshots
Scholar
#211 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairjuno
this mod is still working fine for me, knock on wood, and i have found that it is passed down to my children. it may just be my game, but i had no issues with that. i came on hoping someone had picked it up before it stops working.

Do you have any expansions like Get Together?
Test Subject
#212 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 7:03 PM
Hi, I tried to combined the old and the new mod, and it works for me
It is mostly the same as the old one, but with different scaling on the body. You can change you sims's height as in the old mod (by dragging their feet), but without the weird animation. The lower teens and genetics are not included.
I haven't tested it for versions after 1.20.60.1020. Take a back up of your saves before trying it.
I hope it will work for those of you that wants different heights for your sims.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  slider2.zip (711 Bytes, 2250 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#213 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 3:12 AM Last edited by Morphar : 20th Aug 2016 at 2:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GODJUL1
Hi, I tried to combined the old and the new mod, and it works for me
It is mostly the same as the old one, but with different scaling on the body. You can change you sims's height as in the old mod (by dragging their feet), but without the weird animation. The lower teens and genetics are not included.
I haven't tested it for versions after 1.20.60.1020. Take a back up of your saves before trying it.
I hope it will work for those of you that wants different heights for your sims.

Will they keep their heights after aging up? Is it possible that you can have a look at genetics too? Do you know why genetics is not working in the new mod?
I'll check this out.

Edit
The game just updated to version 1.22.22.1020.
Started to run it. First strange thing is that a sim that was once created in the old mod immediately changed to her original height.
That was not the case with mod "Five New Sliders...." if I took it out and then in again.

"Your" mod stores the heights someware as the old but "Five New Sliders...." don't.
By the way, talar du svenska?

Edit2
Aging works. The height can be adjusted very much more than in the old mod and animations is very good.
Scholar
#214 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:46 AM Last edited by Morphar : 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:02 AM.
It seems to me that genetics works anyway.

I started with a full height couple and they produced three twins. I also found a full height female mixolog with no family tree that i moved in to the family.
Attached is the family:

From left to right:
female mixolog, female, male, twin boys, twin girls, twin boys and a child to the mixolog and one of the twin boys.
Note that all twins are teens so shorter teens don't work but genetics.
I used MC Command Center to speed up gravidity

I have more families where genetics seems to work. The game also produce full height sims automatically.

Is this possible?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#215 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 6:23 PM
where do you type in the add_slider <command> <number> ? Do you type it into the cheat console?
Mad Poster
#216 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 7:28 PM
Yes. You have to create the Sim and have them already in the game world before the command will work. Then, with the Sim selected that you want to alter, open the cheat console and type in the command.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#217 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flocci – floccus
where do you type in the add_slider <command> <number> ? Do you type it into the cheat console?

Yes, but if you use the GODJUL1 version you change height in CAS with the feet slider.
In my opinion it is a better version for me now when I know both aging and genetics works. In "Five New Sliders For The Sims 4!" neither of that works.
Only drawback now is the teen heights and that GODJUL1 dissappeared.

It would be great to have a CAS background with a scale to set and check the height more precise.
Field Researcher
#218 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Yes, but if you use the GODJUL1 version you change height in CAS with the feet slider.
In my opinion it is a better version for me now when I know both aging and genetics works. In "Five New Sliders For The Sims 4!" neither of that works.
Only drawback now is the teen heights and that GODJUL1 dissappeared.

It would be great to have a CAS background with a scale to set and check the height more precise.

Maybe you could make a tutorial on how to do it with the new mod version w/ the feet? since I don't know how do that really.
Scholar
#219 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Morphar : 30th Aug 2016 at 11:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Celoptra
Maybe you could make a tutorial on how to do it with the new mod version w/ the feet? since I don't know how do that really.

You need to have the cheat Full_Edit_CAS enabled before you enter CAS.
If you have MCC Control Center you can set it in a menu.
In MCCC click Sim Commands -> Modify in CAS to only edit one sim and not the whole houshold. In that way you don't lose any sim if you have more than 8 sims in houshold.

With the sim in CAS hover over the sims feet with the mouse and you will se a double butted arrow. Hold the left mouse button down and drag horisontally to the left to increase or to the right to decrease height.
Test Subject
#220 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:20 AM
Hi! I've only used the height slider and it works but when I went to CAS to edit these Sims their physiques revert (both fat and muscle sliders right in the middle).
Test Subject
#221 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 4:52 PM
I want to change the height of non-household sims, how can I do this and is there a way I can switch between a non-housed sim?
Field Researcher
#222 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 1:29 AM
I suggest adding a command to adjust sim outside the household so that people don't need to switch between household just for adjusting a specific sim.
Test Subject
#223 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 3:54 AM
I wish someone would make an arm length slider, because if you have a very short sim their arms will be disproportionately long compared to their body.
Test Subject
#224 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:25 PM
Do we know if this mod works with the recent patch?
Scholar
#225 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by octojenn
Do we know if this mod works with the recent patch?

Slider2.zip works:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...835#post5071835
Page 9 of 44