Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Form-Fitting jeans and t-shirt Default Replacements (and Non-Defaults too!)

by mrlucas Posted 18th Oct 2006 at 2:40 AM - Updated 14th Nov 2008 at 5:07 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Forum Resident
#51 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:30 AM
Fabulous!

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Test Subject
#52 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 7:37 AM
OMG, now I might actually start using the jeans/t-shirts for my sims! Thank you soooo much!!!
Instructor
#53 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 5:05 PM
YAY, no more sandals!! i've always hated them! thnx a lot! the extures are also really good!

hi!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 1:52 AM
You are my new God.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 2:07 AM
amazing...im making all my new male clothes with this mesh...geez you're great
damn sandals! what were they thinking?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:25 PM
I think that I quite possibly love you...

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Field Researcher
#57 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 6:37 AM
Yeah, finally, that horrible sandals die, I hated them too!! :D. Thanxs for sahre MrLucas, my sims can wear the maxis outfits now
Test Subject
#58 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 7:55 PM
Dude these are SO AWESOME!! I LOVE
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 11:18 PM
Hi there I'm really loving these because them sandals suck so bad lol, but I was just wondering if you take requests because I hate all the womens default underwear its just so dull and I was wondering if you could make some to replace the defaults. I would do it myself but I havent got the faintest idea how to lol. So please could you have a go because I would really like that thanks so much if you can.
Scholar
#60 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 2:32 AM
Thanks!
Thanks so much! They not only look awesome, but are so very necessary in order for the male simmies to look less like the "dumbed-down" dads in television commercials.
I thought that the creators of the Sims were relatively young, but the men are all dressed like hippies at a Woodstock concert! (A few red-faced relatives still have some pics they managed to save from the shredder).
I agree 100% w/AmandaPanda: does Maxis and EA know about all of the amazing talent here?? Maybe if they'd started seeking talent like those @MTS2, and others like it, we'd have a lot less need for the help section(s) too! Thanks again for doing this. You're a doll! :D

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 1:02 AM
Okay so this question is really late... but if I use this mesh to replace the Maxis version will the sandals on all of the recolors disappear, or will they just be really big sandals?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glitzyhussy
Okay so this question is really late... but if I use this mesh to replace the Maxis version will the sandals on all of the recolors disappear, or will they just be really big sandals?

well yeah kinda. if you use the default version it will make any recolor look kinda weird. if you want to keep recolors from the original mesh looking correct i would just download the non-default version. that way it is just a new mesh.

"nothing spectacular"
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th May 2007 at 12:59 AM
I love you. Seriously. *hugs* It has bugged me for the longest time... I would NOT use these outfits because of the sandals. Even though they were perfectly alright... so... thank you.
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th May 2007 at 3:06 PM
Thank you so very much! I've detested those jean and sandal combos for such a long time - from the very first time I played the game actually. The changes you made to the shirts is an added bonus, they look great.

Do you plan on doing the hoodie/jeans and sandals outfit?

Julie
Field Researcher
#65 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 3:15 PM
Nice! I never really noticed the sandals, but I hated how baggy the shirts were, and how they made even the most slender of my otherwise-gorgeous Sim men look overweight. But no longer! Thank you!

"Are you mad?"
"Possibly."
Field Researcher
#66 Old 3rd Jul 2007 at 10:15 PM
So appreciated. Thank you. At last these clothes are usable.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#67 Old 16th Jul 2007 at 5:51 PM
thank you so much! These are great looking outfits that I will actually use, unlike their maxis-made counterpart. :D
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 12:59 PM
thank goodness, I no longer have to see people walking around in hideous sandals, Thanx alot
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 8:03 PM
yeah, no more sandals! Thank you SO much, it will make my game so much nicer!
Test Subject
#70 Old 31st Jan 2008 at 1:51 AM
This is an incredible replacement. I just love it.
If EA thought of that, I don't have to download other clothes for male sims.
Thank you very much.

Smile the world smiles with you...
Field Researcher
#71 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 6:21 PM
Thanks so much for making this. I really love it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 2:05 AM
If ever a Maxis mesh needed to be changed, this was it. Thank you so very much!
Inventor
#73 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 5:24 PM Last edited by Randir : 25th Mar 2011 at 7:00 PM.
If I'm creating a recolor for this mesh using the default replacements would the recolor be compatible with the non-default-version too or would I've to create another recolor for both mesh versions?

Edit: Any chance we'll get the shirt mesh as top-only someday?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#74 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 6:43 AM
This looks way better than the original. Thank you!
Page 3 of 3