Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harder Homework

by Cyjon Posted 28th Apr 2007 at 11:55 PM - Updated 23rd Sep 2008 at 3:57 AM by Cyjon : Compatibility information

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:25 PM
This is cool, but I don't wanna give my Sim kids harder homework.
xD

Being different is what makes you yourself.
Being the same makes you a clone.
Official Webbie
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th May 2007 at 11:05 PM
In real life, painting doesn't make you better at playing the piano.

In real life, you need a college degree to be a surgeon, science teacher, or judge. You don't need one to be a caricaturist, dish washer, or body double.

In real life, (most) people don't spend an hour on the toilet every morning.

In real life there are no vampires, werewolves, or plant people.

Comparing computer games to real life is an irrelevant and self-defeating argument. Games are not real life; games are what we do to avoid real life.

I was tired of every sim getting the same grade. Within the context of the sims universe, seriousness and aspiration were the most obvious correlation to homework performance. Adding intelligence creates an unnecessary layer of complexity that does nothing to increase the fun factor.

For the record, twojeffs did not add sexuality to the game. Sexuality is already there. He added casualness and autonomy to the exisiting system to make it more spontaneous.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 5:39 PM
This is just cruel.

(I love it!)
Instructor
#30 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 11:23 PM
Good ... but kinda confusing =/ lol.

learn from your parents mistakes - use birth control!
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 10:03 PM
Haha. Thank you so much for this. It will sure help in building up their futures.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 5:17 AM
Awesome. Now I can really have my knowledge self-sim distinguish herself from dumber ones **laughs evil laugh**

Wish there was a career hack for adult sims so they can dedicate themselves to being "professional students" with an M.A. or a Ph.D. as a final reward!!!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:06 AM
I just wanted to double check. I can't remember which mod this is but one of the mods (twojeffs or syberspunk) lets you get away with having no homework now and then. It's a nice touch. Also, one of them also added a all kids do homework @ 7pm, unless at work then they do it when they get home. Then syberspunk's original harder grades is based on logic, which is why i currently have the second, but its really hard. if they don't gain some kind of skill and do their homework every day their grades drop big time. This is why I'm trying out this one. However I would like to see this stuff added 1) Homework not all the time 2) Kids start homework @ 7 unless at work, then do when they get home and 3) If they have logic points it acts as an offset to the playfulness score. example if playful/serious is very playful 10 and logic is at 10 (not likely but just to say) then overall effect of playful/serious personality is only 1/2 of what is normally is.

Please let me know if this is possible. Yours is the best harder grades I've seen yet though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:09 AM
I'm always willing to entertain suggestions, but only if they make *my* game more fun

1) Defeats the purpose of harder homework to my mind, giving them both less and more homework. It's twojeffs mod that has them not get homework now and that but it is not compatible with this mod.

2) I've never liked things which push commands onto my sims.

3) Now that's an interesting idea. Let me mull it over for a bit.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:41 AM
New version uploaded with klmfrigate's logic offset to playfulness. The new version is compatible with everything from base game through Bon Voyage.

Note that I changed the name of the mod, so if you are upgrading from the old version you will need to manually delete the old mod (either "HarderHomework.package" or "HarderHomework-Seasons.package") from your downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 7:54 PM
LOL, when i saw this topic!

He who laughs last, does not get it
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:43 PM
I just had to stop in and thank you for bringing me laughs. The picture for this is hilarious!

"They can jump, and land, and have no natural predators. Unless, of course, you count me!" *SH-BOOF!* - The Maxx
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:04 AM
That's so cruel! =D
Good, for a challenge.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 12:45 PM
I've found that this does work with homework sometimes, as long as this mod loads last.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#40 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:54 PM
omg i love it but i don't wanna give my sims harder homeworks haha xD
Page 2 of 2