Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:39 PM
Default Help to rename a building/lot
Hello everyone,

I am looking for help in renaming a building, rather than a lot.

Specifically; There is a school building which came with Ambitions EP called 'Stary Community School'. I have put this into my Sunset Valley world and via the Edit Town mode renamed the lot to 'Sunset Valley School'. It is a community lot with No Visitors Allowed. If I save this, zoom out of the town and hover over the tag it displays it as 'Sunset Valley School'. So Far so good.

However; When I return to game play and have a sim click on the school, the option is to visit 'Stary Community School' NOT 'Sunset Valley School'. Game play is working fine it's just that the difference in the name really, really bothers me!

I have tried editing in CAW (I can change the address but not the name of the lot/building), I have tried various MOD's (Nrass) but to no avail. Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girlgamine
Hello everyone,

I am looking for help in renaming a building, rather than a lot.

Specifically; There is a school building which came with Ambitions EP called 'Stary Community School'. I have put this into my Sunset Valley world and via the Edit Town mode renamed the lot to 'Sunset Valley School'. It is a community lot with No Visitors Allowed. If I save this, zoom out of the town and hover over the tag it displays it as 'Sunset Valley School'. So Far so good.

However; When I return to game play and have a sim click on the school, the option is to visit 'Stary Community School' NOT 'Sunset Valley School'. Game play is working fine it's just that the difference in the name really, really bothers me!

I have tried editing in CAW (I can change the address but not the name of the lot/building), I have tried various MOD's (Nrass) but to no avail. Can anyone help?

NRaas's DebugEnabler includes the option to change the name of rabbitholes.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2020 at 9:59 AM
Thank you. This worked.

I had tried it earlier (prior to hours messing around in CAW and s3pe!) but it didn't work initially. I have no idea what went wrong but after your reply I went back and it worked fine!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 12:50 AM
Lot name and rabbithole name are separate entities. One is stored in world file or your save game, one is stored in that rabbithole's STBL resource. Changing one does not affect another.