Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:36 AM
Default Read but..
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i love this so far please post more!

That's why, we almost read but unable to take interest in the topic.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#52 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikewilson
That's why, we almost read but unable to take interest in the topic.

Am I really the onlyone who thinks this is kinda rude? maybe.

I assume this is the place to post your game updates WHEN YOU FEEL like it. not like in Stories or what ever section what is moderated and therefore you are assumed to post regulary.

Well look at mine, haven't had a single comment for some time, I still like to keep it as my own memory archive. I just find it annoying that hinting "if you post more often , you would get more attention" ... ugh..

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:12 AM
I have to admit I found it a little pointless too. If you don't like the story, for whatever reason, that is up to you, but I don't see the purpose of posting to say that. If you got nothing positive to say, then better say nothing at all. And if you want regular updates, posting (positive/encouraging/interesting) thoughts and comments on things makes that more likely. If you never say a word, how is the person posting supposed to know you care and want to know more? So thank you to all the lovely people that did post, and had interesting things to say :lovestruc

Playing Stoffe at the moment! Can't wait to tell you guys about it. The game is being it's usual awesome self and throwing random events at me that go so well with the story :3

Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@gummilutt I did some catching up on your posts about your sims. I love reading about your sims, eh I love reading about everyone's sims. lol. Well at least when I am not mourning.

I heard you lost your wife recently. I am so very sorry for your loss, always awful when we lose people we love.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Space Pony
#54 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:19 AM
Yay Stoffe to be posted

I will be on hiatus on mine as long as I get the all the so much roses lot to posted to Strangetown contest plus the boring Finn suburb lot at yours (but is is accurate, I just looked over the street! :D

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 6:44 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 21st Feb 2024 at 1:59 PM.
Time for another update Been busy lately so not much time for Sims-things. Have a few more updates to go, then we are caught up with where my game is right now so sadly updates may get more infrequent depending on how much time I have to play But hopefully you guys manage to keep interest in the story even if it takes a longer between updates

Stoffe & Vanessa Van Derbirth
When we last saw them, Stoffe and Vanessa had gotten married. They moved to a luxury apartment in bluewater village, while Stoffe worked on earning enough money to buy a big fancy house in the rich end of Simville. They are both still in college. Vanessa isn't all that motivated, she's more focused on her social life and living the life of a pampered wife of a rich man. Stoffe on the other hand made sure to keep his straight As while also holding down a job and running his car businesses. Workoholic to the bone! Didn't take long to earn enough to buy a house, and when we left them Stoffe had just shared the news with Vanessa.

The house Stoffe purchased is this luxurious contemporary home by TheDeadSims here on MTS: If you'd like to see pictures of the house you can look at the thread The only room I changed is one of the bedrooms on the second floor, which got turned into an office for Stoffe. There's a man cave in the basement with pool table and a bar for when Stoffe has important business people over, and an exercise room for the both of them. On the entrance floor there's a music and arts room for Vanessa, and it's filled with expensive items sure to impress any visitors. The backyard is spacious, and of course features a swimming pool, and a hot tub. The many bushes and the sloped landscape does present rather a challenge in keeping it all neat and tidy, but such nonsense is the problem of hired staff

Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 2:18 PM
@gummilutt

Her name was Dionicia, I miss her frequently.

Lovely story. I look forward to more when you get to posting the next installment.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Space Pony
#57 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:23 AM
Loved the update. <3

Still, even so I have so hard time to like Vanessa I cannot help it. She should of talked to Lena more, and at least make an effort to get to know the other people from the orphanage. And all the worryes about "how do I look!?!?!?!" .
Pregnants sims are beautiful, they carry the new miracle of life and should not care less what other people think <3

LEARN VANESSA, stop beeing so shallow gal... (or you learn it when it is allready too late and you remember the past like "I wish I would of done it otherwise".)

About Stoffe hugging Sigfried, how is Siri doing (in that hoodview cabin of hers???!!!!!)

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:37 AM
Life got crazy hectic, have barely touched my game in forever. But tonight I finally had a little energy and time to open up my game and the adorableness that's happening is too cute to keep to myself so I thought I'd experiment and try something new. Just gonna post a string of pictures of what happened and let you guys make up your own captions. I'll name it summer vacation.

Space Pony
#59 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:42 AM
So lovely family <3

But who are they? I did look all the pics and did not saw either of the parents even at the party pics So naturally curious here :D

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:53 AM
I thought I had done a little bit of generic talk about my hood and it's families but can't seem to find it so maybe I dreamt it or intended to but never did it. We did see Karl once (the child being so sweet with his little sister), when Peggy Sue or Lulu Belle brought him home from school (forget which one), and I mentioned in that post he is my favorite Sim but that's the only reference I could find.

His parents are Joel Sernman and Emma Nilsson. Joel is the youngest of third generation of the Sernmans, which as you may recall is the core family of my hood. The core family are called so because the hood is built up around them. They were the family that made me expand on my way of playing, and break out of the one-household-routine and the straight A's get married have kids routine. I started exploring different stories, not all sunshine and rainbows all the time, and bringing my Sims to life. There was one Sim before them that sort of pushed me in that direction but it was Adela Sernman and her offspring that sealed the deal. Joel is Adela's grandson. The Sim before Adela was Maja Nilsson, who is Emma's mother (didn't keep ages in sync then).

I did love all of the Sernman Sims but Joel and Emma were my absolute favorites, and the whole reason I spent nearly three years rebuilding my hood from scratch. Their parents were good friends, and Joel and Emma were born around the same time and became childhood sweethearts. As a teen Emma moved in with the Sernmans so they've been together for a very very long time. When hood went kaboom Karl had just been born, and that is part of why I love him so much. Whenever I play their house and I see him it just makes my heart melt. He sort of became the symbol of everything I love about my game, and my attachment to all my Sims. That, and the fact that he's just such a sweetheart! He had 0 nice points when he was born (now been encouraged to 2 points or something like that) but he never shows that. Very social, loves his family and always taking care of his parents and his siblings. In the pictures we also see his sister Sigrid and brother William, who was born just before they went to bed.

You might wonder why Karl is sleeping in between his parents. The thieves in my hood are masters at targeting houses with pregnant women and small children in them, and Karl has had to experience this twice. First as a baby, with the police barging in to talk to him in his crib which I imagine was pretty scary, and then again when Sigrid was a baby. He's still really upset about it, so I figured he would feel safer sleeping between his parents rather than in his own room upstairs. I had forgotten William was coming that night so Sigrid was already asleep in her crib, hence the temporary basket crib

Will share more of their story at some point, but going to finish Stoffe/Sally-Mae/Siri first. Though who knows, maybe they pop up in that storyline too

Test Subject
#61 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 7:52 PM
I'm loving your updates! Very curious about Siri and her baby! I wonder for how long he is going to be hidden from the world, and if he is going to be upset with his mother for all the loneliness. But at the same time, I don't want him to grow up! Too cute!
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I thought I had done a little bit of generic talk about my hood and it's families but can't seem to find it so maybe I dreamt it or intended to but never did it. We did see Karl once (the child being so sweet with his little sister), when Peggy Sue or Lulu Belle brought him home from school (forget which one), and I mentioned in that post he is my favorite Sim but that's the only reference I could find.

His parents are Joel Sernman and Emma Nilsson. Joel is the youngest of third generation of the Sernmans, which as you may recall is the core family of my hood. The core family are called so because the hood is built up around them. They were the family that made me expand on my way of playing, and break out of the one-household-routine and the straight A's get married have kids routine. I started exploring different stories, not all sunshine and rainbows all the time, and bringing my Sims to life. There was one Sim before them that sort of pushed me in that direction but it was Adela Sernman and her offspring that sealed the deal. Joel is Adela's grandson. The Sim before Adela was Maja Nilsson, who is Emma's mother (didn't keep ages in sync then).

I did love all of the Sernman Sims but Joel and Emma were my absolute favorites, and the whole reason I spent nearly three years rebuilding my hood from scratch. Their parents were good friends, and Joel and Emma were born around the same time and became childhood sweethearts. As a teen Emma moved in with the Sernmans so they've been together for a very very long time. When hood went kaboom Karl had just been born, and that is part of why I love him so much. Whenever I play their house and I see him it just makes my heart melt. He sort of became the symbol of everything I love about my game, and my attachment to all my Sims. That, and the fact that he's just such a sweetheart! He had 0 nice points when he was born (now been encouraged to 2 points or something like that) but he never shows that. Very social, loves his family and always taking care of his parents and his siblings. In the pictures we also see his sister Sigrid and brother William, who was born just before they went to bed.

You might wonder why Karl is sleeping in between his parents. The thieves in my hood are masters at targeting houses with pregnant women and small children in them, and Karl has had to experience this twice. First as a baby, with the police barging in to talk to him in his crib which I imagine was pretty scary, and then again when Sigrid was a baby. He's still really upset about it, so I figured he would feel safer sleeping between his parents rather than in his own room upstairs. I had forgotten William was coming that night so Sigrid was already asleep in her crib, hence the temporary basket crib

Will share more of their story at some point, but going to finish Stoffe/Sally-Mae/Siri first. Though who knows, maybe they pop up in that storyline too

@gummilutt
What you write is always interesting, I always find your posts about your Sims facinating reading.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 1:24 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Jul 2023 at 9:39 PM.
Default Once upon a long time later...
Hi everyone. It's been a rough summer for me and I've had almost no time for Sims. But now the contest I hosted is over and I'm a little better health-wise I've started playing a little again and I thought it was high time to post an update on this story. Maybe you've all half forgotten by now but I haven't and I love telling this story so here we go

Last episode was the van Derbirth's, and the one before that Sawyer family so that means next up is Siri, Isamu and the Sjöströms!

Siri Kim-Sjöström, baby Isamu & the Sjöströms
When last we saw them it ended on a picture of Sigrid in the autumn light, walking back into town from the direction of Siri's hidden cottage. Mysterious!

Not the most exciting end but going to stop the post here. Too tired to be creative and I figure it's more fun to read if I'm able to tell it in a interesting way Now you guys know the entirety of Tom's plan to keep Siri hidden, and you know what's happened to Tom and Sigrid since Siri moved to the cottage, and we've had a sneak peak of how Siri spent her winter. Not the most exciting photos but her days are rather repetitive. Take care of Isamu, take care of herself, make stuff to pretty-up the cottage. Not much else to do during winter, the pond is frozen and can't grow vegetables, just gotta try to stay busy as best she can

Space Pony
#64 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 3:21 AM
LOVE the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm.. Romantic side of me is hoping there will be some fairytale-alike prince charming who will find out about the cabin and knock the door at some point

For Tom, I am worried about him. As what I think, he is either regretting desicions he made back then or , not admitting he is regretting. He misses his daughter , and If he would not been so shallow (not like Vanessa) back then, he might be a happy granpa atm.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 3rd Oct 2018 at 5:05 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 3rd Oct 2018 at 5:20 PM.
@gummilutt I looked at your post about Henrik Lindström and Alicia for some reason and I wanted to say that they are a great couple and I loved their Vacation it was just great, Great Pictures too.

I also checked out your latest post about Siri and Isamu and it was great. I am so looking forward to more whenever you you post it.

Take care and I hope that you are feeling well.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#66 Old 17th May 2019 at 11:43 PM
Hi everyone!

Sometimes life happens and things get put on hold for much longer than you intended it to I've missed my Sims, and I've missed the community, but I've had a rough go of it with my health in the past few years and Sims had to take a backseat. Still not great and it could be I vanish another 8 months after this post, but today I woke up with a strong Sims urge and something is telling me it's time to continue this story.

Since it's been forever and a half I thought I'd include links to the last few episodes, had to go read back to see where I left off and I figured if anyone is still interested it might come in handy for them too.
Last episode of Sally Mae and Sawyer family
Last episode of Stoffe and Vanessa Van Derbirth
Last episode of Siri Kim-Sjöström and baby Isamu

Following past pattern we would be visiting Sally-Mae and the Sawyers this time, but we're going to change things up this time as there's been a real tragedy in the hood and no one is talking of anything else at the moment...

Stoffe & Vanessa Van Derbirth...
When we left them Stoffe had taken Vanessa out to a fancy dinner to take her mind off how rubbish the pregnancy was making her feel, but the night didn't go quite as planned and by the time they got home Vanessa was spent. She passed out on the floor after getting up to pee, which is where Stoffe found her. With the words of Andreas and Isabelle fresh in his mind this worried him immensely. He put her back in her bed, and settled in to keep watch over her.

Continued in next post~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th May 2019 at 11:43 PM
Whoops this update turned out very long! Had to split it in to two post, so here comes part 2

Hopefully the posts are at least somewhat readable. Part of the health issues cause me to write one word when I mean another, which can makes things rather confusing I'll go over it and proof-read next time I have energy, but for now I just want to post it. Hopefully there's still someone out there that remembers this story, that might enjoy the update

Space Pony
#68 Old 28th May 2019 at 6:40 PM
Their vacation sounded awesome! And oh my what a homecoming :/

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Field Researcher
#69 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 7:12 PM
I had a lot to read to catch up on things, and it was riveting!

I'm wondering if Stoffe is going to turn out to be much more of a family man than he thought. He looks lonely at home with Vanessa; he was so happy to see Matron and his orphanage friends at his graduation; he sure does like to rub Vanessa's pregnant belly; he seemed to be wooing Vanessa on that lovely vacation. Could these be indications that he is working towards a more balanced and connected life? Could Sally Mae be part of this? They sure seemed to miss each other and be genuinely happy to reconnect. Maybe they will meet regularly at the grocery store!

Vanessa I'm not sure about. There are some indications she's starting to care more about Stoffe, but then it ends up being about money much of the time. She seems to be softening towards the idea of the baby, and surely she'll have a staff to take care of all the unpleasant things about babies.

Poor befuddled Tom. Maybe he'll forget some things and reconcile with Siri.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
Their vacation sounded awesome! And oh my what a homecoming :/

It was a lot of fun to play, and I think they enjoyed themselves. But I don't understand what's up with the shifty characters of my hood, they only rob pregnant women and houses with babies. Poor Karl Sernman still has nightmares about the three robberies he's lived through thus far. One when he was a baby, once as toddler, and then another when his baby sister was born.

Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
I had a lot to read to catch up on things, and it was riveting!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It's a lot of fun for me to go back and re-read, but it's always nice to know someone else enjoys it too

Quote: Originally posted by Cher64
he seemed to be wooing Vanessa on that lovely vacation.

He definitely was, and it seemed to be working. Never seen them as connected as they were on that trip.

As I predicted life happened and here we are many months later. But yesterday I was playing the orphanage and I thought a few of you might have enjoyed what was going on, but I can't show you until the story catches up with where hood is now, so I decided it's time to make time for another update. How long it takes me to write no idea, but hopefully I can post it later today

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#71 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 2:38 AM
When we last visited Simville, we went out of order to check in with Stoffe and Vanessa, because of the disaster that's on everyones lips in the city. But there's one place where the events of the world do not reach, a place that's completely unaware of what happened. I think it's time we check in with Siri, and the cottage in the forest.

Siri & Isamu Kim-Sjöström
We we last visited, Siri was doing her best to get through the winter with a tiny baby to take care of. On sunny days they went outside for a bit of fresh air and play in the snow, but most of the time they were tucked up in the dark of the cottage, trying to make the long winter nights go by.

That's it for today. Hope you guys enjoyed :lovestruc Next time we visit we'll see what's been going on in the Sawyers household, it's been a while and there's been some shenanigans so I'm excited

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#72 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 3:25 AM
While playing my farm household I got tired of the front yard flowers getting sad and dying, because I'm so focused on keeping the farm produce happy that I forget to water them, so I decided it was high time they invest in a watering robot. So daughter Ylva volunteered to make the trip to Sernman's to pick up a hydrobot. And while she's at it she may as well pick up a water wriggler so the family dog can have a quick rinse when she's getting dirty, if the family is busy. And guess who I found loitering in the toy section...

Field Researcher
#73 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 8:46 PM
I loved the extended look at Siri's life. Isamu is such a happy baby. What a great day they had with Sigrid, and I thought Siri looked so sad getting out of bed the next day.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 30th Jul 2023 at 1:37 AM
A hop skip and three and a half years later... As the later posts hinted with the delays between and mentions of health, things did not go great for me. For a while there I was busy just getting through, with no time for Sims or much of anything. Over the last year I've slowly been getting a little better and reviving my love of this game and the community, and my recent play sessions have made me ache to return to this story. I realize it's been a ridiculously long time and most of the people that were following are no longer active, but I don't like the idea of leaving this hanging unfinished, when there's a story to be told that I can't get enough of when I play. I've mentioned it a couple of times in posts in the main forum, and those posts have spoilers, so I would really like to post updates again. There's a lot to catch up and who knows where my health goes from here, maybe I disappear again, but for now, I want to post

I've gone over and fixed the broken links of the early posts. I used MYP back then which never got fixed, and I figure if I am going to post again I should make it possible to refresh memory on what happened before. So if anyone does see this and wants to get acquainted, the old posts are there

The last four updates were Stoffe, Siri, Stoffe again and Siri again. So we're well overdue for a visit with the Sawyer family.

The Sawyer family
Our last visit with the Sawyers saw a flurry of birthdays, the second pair of twins grew up to toddler, the first pair grew up to children and Sally Mae herself aged up to adult. Peggy made friends with Karl Sernman, and she and Lulu took advantage of their dad being focused on work and not paying much attention. Sally Mae went to the grocery store, and met Stoffe. After she returned home, she seemed quiet, and Billy Bob seemed to sense something was up.

Hopefully I can post the next installment soon I'm thinking it's high time we find out what happened to Stoffe and Vanessa, having just returned from their vacation to find their house burning down

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Aug 2023 at 6:59 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 29th Feb 2024 at 12:19 AM.
Here we go again! Buckle up, it's a long one!

Stoffe & Vanessa Van Derbirth

Page 3 of 4