Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1351 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Wow... I finished the table today. A day late and a dollar short, as Sims 3 is now already hot and happening, but still... I actually managed to create a new mesh!

Thank you for this tutorial. Now, all I have to do is find out how to use the repository technique and I can create my own (thankfully extremely square) furniture. Yay! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1352 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dj Music
Drugice, If you don't want smooth edges, Just don't click the ''Smooth All'' button.

Ok, thanks

I'll try to find that button :D
Test Subject
#1353 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:34 AM
Wow, this tutorial was very well done and I thank you for being so kind to share it with us (: Ive been trying to make a decorative pool for a long time now (one you don't swim in) for the modern house I am making for my sims and I finally figured out how. I still need to do a lot but you have helped me so much with making new objects. Just wanted to say thanks a million times
Test Subject
#1354 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 4:22 AM
Excellent tutorial! I finished the table and it looks great in the game. Many, many thanks!
#1355 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 3:33 PM
If i want do download the german tutorial, i get the error : "This file is corruptet". What shall i do?
Test Subject
#1356 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 12:58 PM
Help!
Hi all. I have followed the tutorial and made my table only problem is that i cant find the option to save it as a package file. please could you help me
Lab Assistant
#1357 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:13 PM
Hello.. I have been using your tutorial to replace the scalpel in my game with a cute pencil, and so far everythings been great, your tutorial was very helpful, but in part two I'm a bit confused. You said to click the object data, the main object data file, and maybe it is because I am not making a mesh for a table, but I can't seem to find the object data file. Is this normal for scalpels, and I should just skip this step? I wanted to check because you said to follow your tutorial exactly. Thank you so very much, -kyra.
Forum Resident
#1358 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:01 PM
Gothic, The Object Data is definitely in your file. It has to be, as that's where you add your GUID's. Check again.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#1359 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 8:39 PM
Thanks so much for the reply!!
Thanks for your reply! I'm so glad I don't have to figure this out alone.. ^^;;
Well I'm a total newb at this, so I was wondering if you could tell me which one is the object data? This is what is on my resource list.

Accessory - Scalpel OBJD
Function -Init BHAV
Function - Main BHAV
Accessory - Scalpel OBJD
--User Defined--- ---
SIMPE_ACCESSORYSCALPEL_[4BD8E7F0_BEE... NREF
Model - Bone Names STR#
semi global file GLOB
[Object Functions] OBJf
Model - Name STR#
CT- Do Anim BHAV
Anims - Object STR#
accessoryscalpel-[4bd8e7f0-bee9-4fd4-85bc-76c2... SHPE
accessoryscalpel-[4bd8e7f0-bee9-4fd4-85bc-76c2... CRES
accessoryscalpel-[4bd8e7f0-bee9-4fd4-85bc-76c2... TXMT
accessoryscalpel-[4bd8e7f0-bee9-4fd4-85bc-76c2... TXTR
accessoryscalpel-[4bd8e7f0-bee9-4fd4-85bc-76c2... GMDC
accessoryscalpel-[4bd8e7f0-bee9-4fd4-85bc-76c2... GMND

Your probably right that one of them is the object data file.. I'm just sorta stupid? xD Do you know which one it is?
Lab Assistant
#1360 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 10:04 PM Last edited by blackbird163 : 28th Sep 2009 at 10:58 AM.
SimPE can't find my object files. what should I do?

i worked out the issue. I have a mac and have vmware (windows emulator) on my computer so that I am able to run simpe. However because it is another OS the windows part can't locate the files since they are the mac part of the computer.All I could think of was link it to where the files are on the mac section but that didn't work so i guess i will have to give up on object creation.
Forum Resident
#1361 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 12:17 PM
Can you get me a print screen, Gothic? My SimPE is acting up and I can't exactly remember names off by heart.

blackbird, What do you mean it can't find them? Do you get an error?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#1362 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 4:25 PM
Help when i try downloading the english version for wings 3d it takes forever and when it finally finishes the pdf file won't open Help!!!

Mansion Master
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1363 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 5:31 PM
MonMan the pdf requires either Acrobat or Foxit reader to view. If your getting an error please post the message.

Gothic I don't see the OBJD listed there. It looks like folders basically. But make sure you have defaults selected when cloning, there is a little link type button below the start to set defaults.
Test Subject
#1364 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 4:20 AM
Ok, quick question..hopefully someone is still around.

How do you make an item Base Game compatible?
Is it dependent on what you clone?
If not, please explain.
I have been making meshes for a while and honestly never gave this much thought, unfortunately, but I have a request for an item the must be BG compatible.

Thanks

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
The ModFather
retired moderator
#1365 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 4:37 PM
In order to create a basegame-compatible clone, start SimPe, go to Extra -> Preferences -> File Table and deactivate all the expansions and stuff packs. Then click OK and RESTART SimPE. Now your clone will be really base-game compatible

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#1366 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 5:17 PM Last edited by Minena : 14th Sep 2009 at 5:27 PM. Reason: additional comment
AHA! thank you!!

It worked like a charm..again..Thanks!
:lovestruc

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
Forum Resident
#1367 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 9:26 PM
You can also edit objects that requires an EP to make them BaseGame Compatible via the OBJD and BHAV.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#1368 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 1:30 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I created my very first table. It's ugly as hell but I love it none the less.
Lab Assistant
#1369 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 10:54 AM
I have a small problem - i can't download the German files,get an 404 error.
I've tried with IE and Firefox but it doesn't work...anybody the same problem?

Hugs Piggi ^(°oo°)^

>> Piggi's Sims <<
Test Subject
#1370 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:09 AM
Ok i'm just starting out and i'm at the part where you do the scenegraph rename wizard
i change the name, update, ok it, but i can't save it....also there is no little box that says "University Ready v2"
Lab Assistant
#1371 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 8:42 PM Last edited by MCO798 : 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:11 PM.
irav, are you sure you have the newest version of SimPE? Update it and it should show, sure.
EDIT: I have the newest version and i haven't seen any university ready box... Continue... And if you can't save, reinstall. SimPE has some bugs. For example it slowed down my PC at startup. Reinstalled it, and gone!

-Projects-
Humble Way
1 Humble Way-2 Humble Way-3 Humble Way-Humble Way Apartment Complex-Humble Way Spa
Test Subject
#1372 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 10:43 PM
Thanks for the great tutorial.
Also is there more difficult ones like for beds, counters, etc.
Forum Resident
#1373 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 10:43 PM
I don't think there's tutorials as such which will teach you about making beds/counters etc. as you've learned the basic editing and meshing techniques required to make just about any object mesh.

However, Just do some searchs around the Object Meshing boards and posts, and you'll find some very useful information. Such as that if you edit Maxis Bedding, animations on the bed will go funny etc.

Numenor has a template if you want to try a counter in one of his ''Articles''. If you want to even just look at the package and it's make-up, that will help you learn more about it.

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#1374 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:30 PM
So, I made my object and followed the guide. But when I went in the game my table looked like this, and some sides were "see-through" depending on what angle you looked at the table. What could be the problem?
Screenshots

It's rare that I'm ever on here anymore, but I'm gonna try. And to make more uploads too, possibly.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#1375 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:15 AM
It looks like you have invisible faces or there facing inward. If your using Milkshape I think by selecting the object, and aligning normals the faces will point outward. In Wings the closest I've found for normals is selecting the faces, right click material, assign default. Not a clue about Blender.
Page 55 of 58